Ingame Store ?

Sorta new here, but I used to play UO back in late 90's. Yeah I remember Lord British having a bit of a problem with fire  ;)

I'm wondering why when I am ingame that the Store does not work. 
I keep getting the message that "The Promo Code redemption system is currently unavailable, please try again. "
I am not trying to put in any promotion code, but the store worked a few days ago for me, and I do not have it blocked that I know of by firewall. 

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,082
    Need to go into your house or a safe log out location like an Inn.  Also have to wait after fighting.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • TamhraTamhra Posts: 24
    Thank you  :)
    My bad, it seemed from the message the store was closed or something. 
    "The promo code redemption system is currently unavailable"  could be phrased a little different.

"You must be in a safe logout location to access the UO Store"  Would be a much better message.
  • InLorInLor Posts: 411
    It should available everywhere vendor search is available. 

The message says both things.
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I'm paying real life cash for the end result, I should be able to use it anywhere I want.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
    InLor said:
    It should available everywhere vendor search is available. 

The message says both things.

Yes but the menu should be smarter.  Just cut that last part out if you are not in a safe log out location.  As you can see, people read the bottom part and think the store is unavailable so they don't try a different spot.

Sometimes the store is unavailable.  It should show the message that applies at the time.
    I'm paying real life cash for the end result, I should be able to use it anywhere I want.

That would be a nice way to hide in Fel when the raiders show up...  I am for it.
  • InLorInLor Posts: 411
    Don't hide the player. if they killed, it's their own fault. Make a button show up on screen "claim purchase" and this can be clicked by the player when in a safe zone and alive, of course. There's a million solutions. 

At the very least I would make it everywhere vendor search works. I see people wonder about why it doesn't work or confused about it regularly in-game. The restrictive set up of it is counter people's expectations of an in-game store. 
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.