Followers warning when casting summons

InLorInLor Posts: 354
With magery the warning is before you cast the spell, with spells from other schools like Colossus, the warning comes only after you cast it and try to target an area to summon it. All of the summon spells should just work one way, probably like magery..where the followers check is done when you attempt to cast it. Although that blocks you from pre-casting.
A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    very good yes
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• DizzyDizzy Posts: 78
    No, no, I love the pre-casting.  
  • InLorInLor Posts: 354
    Maybe it could be an option in options and consistent for all summons. Check follower count right when you attempt to cast, or check follower count after you cast, when you target.
  • TanagerTanager Posts: 634
    I like to precast spellweaving's reaper, while mounted, then run around until I get a good spot. I hit my dismount macro (EC) to clear my control slots, and drop the tree. This is nice for me! However, a mage summon will not allow a precast like that but does show how long the creature has before its timer is gone, while SW summon does not. I consider this a trade off, unique to each magic class.
  • InLorInLor Posts: 354
    It's in practice a trade-off, and also inconsistent game design. I hope to see a fix.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Thought I’d bump this, it’s 2 years+ since reporting and still active.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002