Player Feedback and Input

Devs - we have an official forum where you log in with your account.  
You can get active player feedback.

Could we have some pattern whereby you post say 20 possible updates/fixes for the game and we have a vote and the top 3 or 5 make it into the next publish? 

At least there would be some way for us to impact some of the direction of the game. 

There are plenty of Bod fixes I'd like to see. 
Others have complained about Bedlam, the next hostile targettng system, new community rewards, etc etc.  

If you put 20 on a list and let us vote - then the top 5 make it into the next publish I think I could live with that even if I'm the only person who cares about bods and it doesn't make it.  

I get there are other things on your agenda but there are times you fix things that make us scratch our heads like the text on something - but then don't fix things that are obviously broken and impact our gameplay every single day.  

Comments

• usernameusername Posts: 696
    You will get none of this and be happy. Thanks for paying for your subscription.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,299
    edited November 2022
    Just be glad this old game is still maintained.  Most of the bugs are inherit in the game.  Fixing them would likely require a new game be written using a modern programming language, and would likely require players to invest in newer computers that support the updated game mechanics as well as learning how to play the updated game.  Just accept UO is an old game that is still quite playable (or pliable) most of the time.  
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited November 2022
    “By the time it takes a dev to read a forum post, they could probably instead use that time to add a debuff for nerve strike
    i can’t actually see what the big technical problem is. And why this is turning into such a big issue. 
    I’m pretty sure at one point Mesanna said she was making it mandatory for buffs/debuffs to show, I think around the point they finally added one for death strike (which was probably one of UOs greatest pvp fixes ever)”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Theo said:
    Devs - we have an official forum where you log in with your account.  
    You can get active player feedback.

Could we have some pattern whereby you post say 20 possible updates/fixes for the game and we have a vote and the top 3 or 5 make it into the next publish? 

At least there would be some way for us to impact some of the direction of the game. 

There are plenty of Bod fixes I'd like to see. 
    Others have complained about Bedlam, the next hostile targettng system, new community rewards, etc etc.  

If you put 20 on a list and let us vote - then the top 5 make it into the next publish I think I could live with that even if I'm the only person who cares about bods and it doesn't make it.  

I get there are other things on your agenda but there are times you fix things that make us scratch our heads like the text on something - but then don't fix things that are obviously broken and impact our gameplay every single day.  

Agreed, this is not the first time we asked for regular fixes to clear the backlog. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,974Moderator
    Some posts not game related were removed. Please don't bring RL arguments to this forum. Thank you.