Are you ever going to deal with Archlich Multibox cheating?

RIGHT NOW!

Atlantic

players dragging archers at BREAKNECK SPEED.  a whole squad of them. all auto targetting

Mesanna   24/7 YOU need to make sure that someone ANYONE is in there monitoring and GETTING RID OF all of these bloody cheats

WHY ARE YOU NOT DOING THIS?????????

these cheats are LAUGHING at YOU and the RULES

Do you care?????

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Which one are you talking about? The actors guild or the stranger things cast? I've paged on them before but I think they are on before a GM is online and log before one hops on. I also think that they are actively playing (albeit with a string of multibox accts) so that's where it gets tricky because if a GM pulls them aside the single person using all the accounts can answer whatever the GM asks.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Multi-boxing should be banned even if they are not AFK. Isn't this the case?
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited November 2022
    Seth said:
    It is but I have yet to hear about a definitive way to prove people are multiboxing aside from the "obvious" which is everyone is moving and attacking the same target at the same time. I'm sure there is some deniability there though. So it's basically just a case by case basis for players and the GM responding.
    edited November 2022
    keven2002 said:
    Seth said:
    It is but I have yet to hear about a definitive way to prove people are multiboxing aside from the "obvious" which is everyone is moving and attacking the same target at the same time. I'm sure there is some deniability there though. So it's basically just a case by case basis for players and the GM responding.
    I think it's easier to prove MB for ranged attack such as spells or archery. They all attack same target same time, and they don't need to be standing next to the target.

For warrior it's harder as all the warriors have to stand next to the target to be effective.

And I think its not efficient as it will take longer for each character to get enough "points" to earn each drop.

8 characters killing 1 target each Vs 1 character killing 8 targets...

I would rather collect points for 1 warrior so it has more points and chances for another drop.
  • I've only seen this a couple of times on GL at this event. (One time it was these two gargoyles who were following each other very closely, both attacking the same thing at the same time, it was hilarious how blatant it was. Somehow they reminded me of those two Bill and Ted inspired characters from the old Britannia News Network audio stories. Anyone else remember those?)

Agreed it's annoying. Bigger issue at EM events than here, though.

It is very frustrating how they can supposedly tell who's afk but somehow can't see obvious botting.

Oh to answer your question: They will never do anything.

Oh well.
  • AragornAragorn Posts: 293
    edited November 2022
    They (including GMs) just don't care. I've reported the same group of bots nearly every day, using the "Select player from List" option which means the GMs know exactly which player I'm talking about, yet I can still see them every day at the same time of the day (and that's why I can keep reporting) and obviously they still haven't been banned. 

Just like all the reproducible bugs that players have reported, they will not do anything. 

And to all the bots, you are there because you are farming and selling things to normal players, but what you are doing, are making normal players to leave the game. Let's see when this will come back to you, as well as to those management of the game, who chose not to take any action. 
    edited November 2022
    Another very simple thing you can observe, After the "server going down" message, go into the Deceit and see who's still diligently running around among those open rooms near the entrance on the first floor with a regular pattern and path, and keep killing mobs, while normal player knows none of these will be saved during the 2 minutes before the disconnection, and it is not "safe" to stay inside the dungeon during server restart so human player will just go out to the entrance, obviously except those script running bots. 

They just never thought of adding one more statement in their script, to scan the journal for server going down message, then stop the script to stop yourself from being spotted from the obvious (Oh right, you don't really care as no one is going to take any action on you)

This is just something very funny to watch.
  • Last night on Atlantic after 10PM PST, i saw three groups of multi-boxers on Lvl 4. Each one had a Bard in the lead running Provo Masteries to heal up the gaggle of auto-targeting Throwers or Archers they were towing around.
    edited November 2022
    First I think the leader follows a scripted path.

The rest just follow via autofollow

Then finally they are all running on infinite macro to target nearest and attack targeted. 

Maybe this way does not need multiboxing.

Multiboxing is easier to spot when all cast one spell to hit the same target at the same time. I saw one myself during Yukio event. But i feel warrior targeting doesn't need that.

So assuming he runs say 8 clients like this, it is not MB. It is also not AFK as the toons keep moving abeit automatically, while he can sit there watch Netflix and reply to GM just in case. So maybe that is why the Dev can't find fault in this loop hole.

So... for a start they may have to add ban to auto follow function.

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Seth said:

Then finally they are all running on infinite macro to target nearest and attack targeted. 

Multiboxing is easier to spot when all cast one spell to hit the same target at the same time. I saw one myself during Yukio event. But i feel warrior targeting doesn't need that.

So assuming he runs say 8 clients like this, it is not MB. It is also not AFK as the toons keep moving abeit automatically, while he can sit there watch Netflix and reply to GM just in case. So maybe that is why the Dev can't find fault in this loop hole.

What I witnessed wasn't one player running to the target and the others following, they were ALL running to the target, sometimes one would get there first, then another then someone else, which is a script...period. The ones I watched in the Dojo were ONLY attacking the Oni, nothing else. Target nearest/attack targeted would wipe the dungeon area of all spawn especially with 8 clients running that macro. People are dropping these words like AutoFollow thinking the Devs are stupid and this is just a game mechanic being used...they're not stupid guys/gals, they know what's going on, they just also know it's unstoppable. 
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited November 2022
    Last night on Atlantic after 10PM PST, i saw three groups of multi-boxers on Lvl 4. Each one had a Bard in the lead running Provo Masteries to heal up the gaggle of auto-targeting Throwers or Archers they were towing around.

I was on Atl earlier last night.  My God the drops fall like rain since they have so much spawn.  Unfortunately I took my Tiger, he does not kill things fast.  The worst part is how they leave paragons, nobody wants to kill them on any floor so the second and third floor will have 4 or more at the entries.

Most players are just covering a small area since the spawn is constant, they kill all but paragons and run those to an entry and go back and repeat.
    And none of the warriors would go into a room with lots of non para mobs.  So I was drooling over those rooms but I kill too slow to do it.  Every once in a while you can get 50 to 100 drops for 1M each, I should just stay in Luna and snap up a deal.  I did kill 8 or 10 high Paragons with a guy named Walnut tree or something like that.

I wish I could bring my other melee toons but they have too much shard bound items on them. 

I saw only individuals and maybe a small group of individuals running around.  I wish there were some of the Bots to kill the Paragons.  Doing only weapon damage each hit takes a long time on the PEs and rams.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:

I saw only individuals and maybe a small group of individuals running around.  I wish there were some of the Bots to kill the Paragons.  Doing only weapon damage each hit takes a long time on the PEs and rams.
    Are you saying you didn't spot any bots? 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited November 2022
    Aragorn said:
    Pawain said:

Are you saying you didn't spot any bots? 
    Not 1 player was in a group following each other on any floor.  Dungeon was real busy, if there was a bot I would have let them kill the paragons. Every 2 min or less a Para ram or PE spawned on any floor I was on, and everyone just ran from them mostly. Respawn was very fast  you could just stay on 1 screen to get drops.

Now Tonight Atl and LS are pretty dead.  I did not go in Atl dungeon tonight, looked dead on outside also.  I decided to buy stuff with gold instead.

Was on 8 to 11 central last night.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • 01010010 01001111 01000010 01001111 01010100 01010011 00100000 01000101 01010110 01000101 01010010 01011001 01010111 01001000 01000101 01010010 01000101

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Seth said:

What I witnessed wasn't one player running to the target and the others following, they were ALL running to the target, sometimes one would get there first, then another then someone else, which is a script...period. The ones I watched in the Dojo were ONLY attacking the Oni, nothing else. Target nearest/attack targeted would wipe the dungeon area of all spawn especially with 8 clients running that macro. People are dropping these words like AutoFollow thinking the Devs are stupid and this is just a game mechanic being used...they're not stupid guys/gals, they know what's going on, they just also know it's unstoppable. 
    Ah ha, got it. Its multiboxing then, the MB software direct attack to one and all character attack the same guy instantly. We keep thinking of what the client does.
  • RIGHT NOW!

Atlantic

players dragging archers at BREAKNECK SPEED.  a whole squad of them. all auto targetting

Mesanna   24/7 YOU need to make sure that someone ANYONE is in there monitoring and GETTING RID OF all of these bloody cheats

WHY ARE YOU NOT DOING THIS?????????

these cheats are LAUGHING at YOU and the RULES

Do you care?????
    yes they care, they care about money, into todays world you can literally get away with anything if you have enough money, same reason they wont do anything about the 2 famous house scripters on atlantic. They would lose to much money.
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    01010010 01001111 01000010 01001111 01010100 01010011 00100000 01000101 01010110 01000101 01010010 01011001 01010111 01001000 01000101 01010010 01000101

Translation: “ROBOTS EVERYWHERE”

(well done)
  • Pawain said:
    Last night on Atlantic after 10PM PST, i saw three groups of multi-boxers on Lvl 4. Each one had a Bard in the lead running Provo Masteries to heal up the gaggle of auto-targeting Throwers or Archers they were towing around.

I was on Atl earlier last night.  My God the drops fall like rain since they have so much spawn.  Unfortunately I took my Tiger, he does not kill things fast.  The worst part is how they leave paragons, nobody wants to kill them on any floor so the second and third floor will have 4 or more at the entries.

Most players are just covering a small area since the spawn is constant, they kill all but paragons and run those to an entry and go back and repeat.
    And none of the warriors would go into a room with lots of non para mobs.  So I was drooling over those rooms but I kill too slow to do it.  Every once in a while you can get 50 to 100 drops for 1M each, I should just stay in Luna and snap up a deal.  I did kill 8 or 10 high Paragons with a guy named Walnut tree or something like that.

I wish I could bring my other melee toons but they have too much shard bound items on them. 

I usually hunt in the Lvl 4 Crypts. There's a particular multi-boxer there almost every night after 10 PM PST, and he runs through there with a Bard running Provo Masteries with several Wraith-form Archers in tow that spam Lightning Arrow on anything the instant it spawns. His main Bard char is attended, since he'll actually stop and wait for his Archers to finish off any Paragons (they drop them fast, even Paragon Spectral Armors), then he'll continue on. At least he doesn't flat out camp the Crypt room, he runs back and forth from the Crypt to the entrance.
  • usernameusername Posts: 687

Do you care?????
    They don't. 
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • EyeEye Posts: 91
    So does it or does it not make any sense that one of my EJ accounts that I invested quite a bit of $ for high seas, time of legends, all of them actually, mythic tokens, soulstones, extra stable slots etc etc, got banned, wait, perma-banned for advertising "selling pet bla bla bla" at a 1 minute interval? Where as all crap mentioned above is happening...
    edited November 2022
    Eye said:
    So does it or does it not make any sense that one of my EJ accounts that I invested quite a bit of $ for high seas, time of legends, all of them actually, mythic tokens, soulstones, extra stable slots etc etc, got banned, wait, perma-banned for advertising "selling pet bla bla bla" at a 1 minute interval? Where as all crap mentioned above is happening...
    It doesn't matter if we all pay taxes, we will still go to jail for a crime, no matter how rich we are.

Having said this, I wondered if they just introduced a new code to detect repeated actions. It's not a crime to use macro to repeat what you did.
    edited November 2022
    Eye said:
    What does the email say you were banned for? I would think that knowing that piece of information would be more important than knowing you bought mythic tokens for the account. 

I'm not saying you were doing something wrong but it does resemble posts from other people saying they were actioned (and it's not fair) for no reason but don't actually provide the details from the message. When in reality they were doing something against ToS.

Example: If someone was selling a bugged pet and spamming it in chat then it's obvious why they were banned but of course they will conveniently leave out that piece of info and say "all I was doing was selling a pet". 

Also - seems kind of odd to me that you'd invest all this $$ into an EJ account only to keep it EJ. You spend $10 per soulstone (for 1 skill) but you won't spend 10$ per month for the account to be open? 
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    keven2002 said:

Also - seems kind of odd to me that you'd invest all this $$ into an EJ account only to keep it EJ. You spend $10 per soulstone (for 1 skill) but you won't spend 10$ per month for the account to be open? 

I don't see it as odd. If pets were only being tamed and sold then EJ is perfectly fine for that. 

What i do find odd is that there is obviously a paid account to post here but pets were being sold with an EJ account, which is limited to help chat in game. 
    Good point @Urge
    Jan, 2020
    Your Ultima Online account has been suspended from the Ultima Online service for 3 day(s) due to violations of our Code of Conduct.  No further action has been taken at this time. The details of the violation are as follows:
    GM petition number 12345678
    Violation: Unattended Macro

I send a few emails to appeal...

Next day...
    Your account ***** for Ultima Online has been prohibited from accessing all servers due to violations of our Code of Conduct. You will not be able to log onto this account again. The details of the violation are as follows:
    GM petition number: same as above
    Violation: Unattended Macro
    Selling nothing illegal, just a trained pet, account was for the excessive amount of pets I had.... sigh! Was I afk? Might have been... but perma-ban for a dumb macro is excessive.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    I believe they have a zero tolerance policy for EJ accounts.

Considering you don't need to link to a master account or even use a real email for creation and verification i still think it's pretty slack. 
    Eye said:
    Selling nothing illegal, just a trained pet, account was for the excessive amount of pets I had.... sigh! Was I afk? Might have been... but perma-ban for a dumb macro is excessive.
    Eye said:
    perma-banned for advertising "selling pet bla bla bla" at a 1 minute interval? 

Hmm... were you or weren't you AFK? That should be pretty easy to remember  :#

Sounds like you were AFK and you were spamming at 1 minute intervals (not sure why you were AFK and spamming about selling a pet?) which could have gotten you paged on like the Avatar or whatever his name is now that does RTM. That said, if you were suspected of unattended macroing there is a good chance a GM tried to ask you something before banning you and were not there to answer. That's why some of the suspected multi-box people are still running around because they are attended and can answer the GMs... and toggle between screens to each account to answer questions there too.

Another side note - there isn't anything out there that I'm aware of that is approved that would allow you to spam "selling XYZ" every 1 minute while unattended either. That's probably a little bit of an admission to guilt of doing something else that probably shouldn't be done  :p
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    I can only speak to what I've observed myself - spamming at 1 minute intervals can be very annoying for others in chat, and when someone actually answers the spam requesting to buy the item/pet and get no answer repeatedly, they become further annoyed because the seller is obviously not there to actually SELL the thing. My response to such behaviour has been to put the seller on 'ignore', but others may well report for afk.
    regular EC macro

not in chat, just regular text/say bubble above head outside luna stables...