24yrs Of This Is More Than Tiresome - Devs Please Give Us Some Quality Of Life Options

2»

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,049
    I didn’t realize this wasn’t in the CC I seriously just run back to my corpse double click my body and everything is opened and placed as it was including my clothing. 
    The only thing misplaced in CC is things that are blessed or insured. Those go in your main backpack because they are not on the body anymore.  I have to put my runebooks back into the bag they travel in.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited October 2022

Pawain said:
    The only thing misplaced in CC is things that are blessed or insured. Those go in your main backpack because they are not on the body anymore. 

"Pawain wrong again, they all stay in same place if they are in top level of pack,

stuff you are wearing must ofcourse go in random place, because they were not in any place before - you were wearing them, but that is remedied by dress/arm macro. (or double clicking corpse to arm/dress)

I think the OP is putting insured things in a container and expecting them to be in the container, even though the container is on his body as you can't insure/bless a container.... and insured things are in his bag, i'm guessing

Even the death robe goes automatically onto the floor when you reclaim your body

literally everything single thing is in its place i really do not understand the OP at all "
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited October 2022
    Yoshi said:

Pawain said:
    The only thing misplaced in CC is things that are blessed or insured. Those go in your main backpack because they are not on the body anymore. 

"Pawain wrong again, they all stay in same place if they are in top level of pack,

stuff you are wearing must ofcourse go in random place, because they were not in any place before - you were wearing them, but that is remedied by dress/arm macro. (or double clicking corpse to arm/dress)

I think the OP is putting insured things in a container and expecting them to be in the container, even though the container is on his body as you can't insure/bless a container.... and insured things are in his bag, i'm guessing

Even the death robe goes automatically onto the floor when you reclaim your body

literally everything single thing is in its place i really do not understand the OP at all "
    You are wrong the only things that move are insured and blessed items that are in a separate container, just as I said.

Read my post, I said the insured or blessed things in a bag have to be moved back. I never said anything moves from your backpack. 

Are you going to deny that all insured and blessed items that you are not wearing will be in your backpack when you res and re equip?  We are saying the same thing.
    The OP is correct, you do have to open all your containers and put the insured or blessed items back into them.  (If they were stored in those)
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited October 2022
    "i'm not being funny but,
    you insure some stuff and put it in a bag (uninsured).

you die and the bag is on your corpse,
    you get ressed, the insured stuff is in your backpack..

How they going to organise the stuff into the container when you don't have the container....

"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    you insure some stuff and put it in a bag.

How they going to organise the stuff into the container when you don't have the container....

"
    I completely agree. The insured and blessed items are no longer in the bag, or they could be looted.  It seems to be asking a lot for those items to be returned to a container,  I doubt they could do it.  Because when you res, the items are in your backpack. Then you want them to return to a container when you get your body back.  Too complicated and could cause lost items.  Best to stay away from this code.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 1,999
    Pawain said:
    Yoshi said:

"
    I completely agree. The insured and blessed items are no longer in the bag, or they could be looted.  It seems to be asking a lot for those items to be returned to a container,  I doubt they could do it.  Because when you res, the items are in your backpack. Then you want them to return to a container when you get your body back.  Too complicated and could cause lost items.  Best to stay away from this code.
    Didn't popps ask for this a few months ago 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,936
    edited November 2022
    Grimbeard said:
    Pawain said:
    Yoshi said:

"
    Didn't popps ask for this a few months ago 
    Yes, I sure did and hearing how other players are bothered by this, should hint how annoying it is to get one's own main backpack all messed up upon resurrecting from dieing by blessed and insured items not going back to the inside containers in whch the player was keeping them but all bouncing into the main backpack and thus requiring consequential "relocation" to the inside containers where the player wants to have them rather then cluttering the main backpack....
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited November 2022
    Bags should be auto insured if it contains insured items. How does it harm the game if containers can be insured? 

Is it a coding issue which is why spellbook straps still don't work as intended?
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Seth said:
    Bags should be auto insured if it contains insured items. How does it harm the game if containers can be insured? 

Is it a coding issue which is why spellbook straps still don't work as intended?
    I agree no more looting. Just put your powerscrolls in a bag with a rune book. It would all be blessed or insured.  :D
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,151
    Pawain said:
    Seth said:

I agree no more looting. Just put your powerscrolls in a bag with a rune book. It would all be blessed or insured.  :D
    We already get that for 2 hours a day from the chalice vet reward when it comes to monsters looting.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited November 2022
    Pawain said:
    Seth said:

Cursed and uninsured items should continue to drop off regardless of their location. Insured bag does not auto convert non insured items inside it.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Popps wanted an insured container. They gave us the chalice in response 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,936
    Pawain said:
    Popps wanted an insured container. They gave us the chalice in response 
    They are 2 different issues.....

My complaint about moonsters' looting was in regards to the fact that, due to the type of Event, monsters' corpses were made "fast" decay so as not to lag players and to provide a sufficient spawn rate to get drops.

Unfortunately, a side effect of this increased monsters' corpses decay was that, if some of the monsters had looted a player's corpse, chances where that, by the time that the player was able to resurrect and get back to their corpse and the spawn, some other player had already killed the monsters that looted the player's corpse and the fast decay had taken away that monster's corpse with all of the looted items....

Once or twice losing items from monsters' looting and their corpses decaying too fast might be OK, but seeing this too many times gets really annoying....

Thus, the Calice luckily came to UO...

This, to my understanding, is another issue, about dieing and getting one's own insured and blessed items clog the main backpack rather then going back to where they were before dieing...
  • Lord_NythraxLord_Nythrax Posts: 89
    edited November 2022
    I like how the EC has a UI scale slider but 1.0 is the max setting. In my entire life I've never seen such a thing. It strictly exists for people who think the standard UI is too large and they specifically made the setting useless for anyone who would like it to be bigger. Baffling.

Also am I losing my marbles or is there no way to change the colors of general/party/whatever chat?
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,151
    Not sure about EC Options UI but in CC there is a tab for it "Chat". 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,974Moderator
    I like how the EC has a UI scale slider but 1.0 is the max setting. In my entire life I've never seen such a thing. It strictly exists for people who think the standard UI is too large and they specifically made the setting useless for anyone who would like it to be bigger. Baffling.

Also am I losing my marbles or is there no way to change the colors of general/party/whatever chat?

right click on the chat symbol at the bottom, as shown in this image, choose 'chat colours', which will open the dialogue at the top of the image.

• Thanks!