Account management

MissEMissE Posts: 776
edited October 2022 in General Discussions
Here we go again, need to update credit card info and the account management is still as stupid as it always has been. Has been YEARS since I last did it so cannot remember where the right thing to click is. I have a master account and 5 linked accounts, need to completely change my cc details but buggered if there is any logical place to do so.   

Of course the Account management page says "Note: If you need to edit or change your Credit Card information in the future, you can do so by selecting “Subscribe” and entering the information, or contact Billing Support."  

but of course there is NO SUBSCRIBE button.  There is a 'subscription' button against each of the accounts, but I do not want to 'Activate a Key' or 'Create a new trial account'.    When I 'update renewal,  (not sure how far into that I have to go before it lets me actually edit a card number), it brings up the existing card but I don't wanna press continue on that I want to edit it.  

Edit: OK clicked all the way through that and nowhere did it let me edit the darn card.

Every other business in the universe has an 'update payment information' button accept UO.   Why is it so hard?

Any help with pics would be appreciated.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum

Comments

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    edited October 2022
    I had to update my credit card info two months ago.  Here is the process to get to the correct spot.

Go to the new location for EA's UO page  https://www.ea.com/games/ultima/ultima-online
    Click on the human icon in the upper right

Sign in
    Click on the smiley face in the upper right

Click on Account Settings
    Click on Payment Methods

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    edited October 2022
    Tim I'm not sure what site you're on but I've never used that for account management.

5 simple steps as followed: 
    1) update renewal
    2) pick any month
    3) next screen top right hit MANAGE ACCOUNT
    4) CLICK X BESIDE CURRENT CARD TO DELETE 
    5) Redo steps to enter new card

Personally I delete my card as soon as I buy my 3-6 months. 

I promise you it's so simple and will only take 2 minutes to do. 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    This is the guide I used last time I updated my credit card:

• MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Thank you, was the Manage Accounts bit I couldn't find.  It is still absolutely ridiculous in this day and age that we need a flipping GUIDE to figure out where to update a credit card.   I haven't actually been playing for over a yr, only have 3/5 accounts open. In the process of moving house, once I get settled I think I will be closing the last three accounts, but don't wanna worry about them going idoc before I find someone to buy em or hand out my junk.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    @TimSt that was a very easy to follow example, Thank You.
    How do you look at the different UO Accounts tied to that Master Account?
    The old Account Management page let you look at each account so you could see what upgrades you had on each.
    @Lord_Frodo Try this:

Go to https://accounts.eamythic.com/
    Click on "Login to your EA Account"
    Click on the "Current Account" drop down in the upper middle

For me it shows the three sub accounts. One has just one UO player account, another has 5 UO player accounts, and the third has no UO accounts.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    TimSt said:
    @ Lord_Frodo Try this:

For me it shows the three sub accounts. One has just one UO player account, another has 5 UO player accounts, and the third has no UO accounts.
    How hard is it to change the email associated with your account? 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    Urge said:
    Tim I'm not sure what site you're on but I've never used that for account management.

1) update renewal
    2) pick any month

The way I showed does the same thing but it also gives you access to the full account management tools.  You can change your password, emails, phone number, enable two factor authentication, etc.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    TimSt said:
    @ Lord_Frodo Try this:

I had the same bookmark and it took me to the new EA page,  Your link took me to the right page and re bookmarked it.  TY  UO.COM was down at the time I asked you.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    TimSt said:
    Urge said:

1) update renewal
    2) pick any month

The way I showed does the same thing but it also gives you access to the full account management tools.  You can change your password, emails, phone number, enable two factor authentication, etc.
    I had never seen that before. Thanks!