Special Characters in text for EC vs CC

TanagerTanager Posts: 634
edited April 2018 in Bugs
Housing, PvM, PvP, Crafters - all have bugs they'd like fixed. I know it is not exactly game changing, and probably not high on anyone's wish list, but if I could have just one bug fixed, this would be it. It is for the RPrs of Sosaria.

UO is a great game to RP in, and over the years the Devs have added lots of fun ways to customize things - purely for the sake of RP. Both clients have the ability to have labels added to various items. Container, statue, armor/weapon, and food engraving. Pet branding, and of course books. For all of these things, special characters can be copied and pasted into the game to add some flare to these labels. Unfortunately, they do not work the same in EC and CC. The symbols do not work at all for anything in EC except the journal, although I can apply them while using the EC. I am hoping that EJ will bring us more RPers, but many (most) of the new players I have encountered so far are using the enhanced client. If this cannot be fixed, or just isn't worth the time, then ok. Please do not remove them, though, even as they are - just leave it as a CC perk if it must be that way. But I'd love for both clients to have this fun treat! (And as a side bonus, this fun little extra enhances the Pet Branding and Armor Engraving tools - $$ store items. Just sayin!)

These are some examples, with EC on the left and CC on the right.