Logging into the Forums

While I wasn't really worried about having to use a real username/password to log in, it's now getting to where I have to do this multiple times throughout the day, even if the page is left up. In fact I just had to retype again only minutes after making a response here. The "Howdy Stranger" pops up and is quite annoying. Anyone else having to log in constantly ?
You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.

Comments

• jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    Yes I am doing the same, it does get a bit irritating, on most other forums I have the option to stay logged in.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Mine remains logged in. On all browsers.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    Mervyn said:
    Mine remains logged in. On all browsers.

I will inquire about this.
  • InLorInLor Posts: 410
    I remain logged in as well.
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
  • MissEMissE Posts: 776
    Mine did when the forums were first put up but my understanding was it was changed so that only those with legitimate paid accounts could post, hence why every 24 hours you needed to relog in case you un-subbed the day before or something.  Although I find I am also logging in more than once in a 24 hour period so not sure how that is working.

Cheers MissE

For more info about Angelwood Warehouse Events go to the A.W.E Forum
  • Just had to log in for the third time today. very frustrating.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    Yes, I have to log in almost every time I open the site.  Annoying to say the least.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    I left to go pick up my son, came back to Howdy Stranger after clicking on a notification, which means at the time I was still logged in..weird, but more annoying.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    Ok seriously, can someone fix this ???? I was just logged in under my username, made a post on one thread in General Discussion, navigated into the PvP forum and was Howdy Stranger'd..this is some silly coding going on here. This is on Win10 Edge btw, it's 2018 I shouldn't have to use Firefox anywhere now.

• SyncrosSyncros Posts: 116
    Mine usually stays logged in for about a day then I'll have to log back in the next day.
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    I don't think I am staying in for a whole day, I may be wrong, maybe have to time it!?
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,076
    Sometimes Ill be logged on the next day but it does not last.  Other days I get the Howdy Stranger when I arrive.  

We wouldn't want someone to close their account and stay logged into the Forum.  Too many secrets here.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    ROFL I was "logged out" in the middle of creating a thread/poll. I set everything up and went to post the thread, and couldn't. I ended up opening another window of the UO forum, saw the "howdy stranger" and re-logged in. I then went back to the original page where I had the thread/poll started and was able to post it. What a pain in the rear! Anything in the works to change this? @Mesanna @Bleak @Kyronix @Misk
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!