Pub 114 Feedback Thread

Comments

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    edited September 2022
    Promathia said:
    keven2002 said:

• Wondering if the 50 SDI Chiv book makes more sense to be a necrobook to be more inline with the whole theme (Lexicon of Juo'nar = Language/knowledge of Juo'nar).
    The Paladin book makes more sense than a necro book, Juo'nar was a paladin
    Sorry - not really great with UO Lore unless it's in the game somewhere.

Is that the same Juo'nar from the roof that is an ancient lich that casts necro spells and summons undead type spawn? Also has a drop from the roof of Juo'nar Grimoire which is a necro book? 

I like the idea of have a studded leather (or bone) version though to give people options. Obviously that would translate to stone for the garg version.

**EDIT** I would love nightsight added to maybe the arms? Good little mod for warriors that aren't elves.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    The biggest drawback is of course the lack of fishing in deceit this is especially important as in a little known fact juo'nar is an avid fisherlich i hearby suggest a fishing pole should added with the following features 
    No footwear 
    Sc
    Fc1 fcr 3
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Is there a way to get the Topiaries and check the new Canes?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “(Since you’re amending dryad allure and command undead, do we know why releasing a commanded undead the mob remains and dryad allure the mob disappears?)”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    edited September 2022
    “Just going to repeat same request as every Tot event:

please make event fel on active shards 
    please make a percentage of the drops cursed and prized due to 2 out of the 3 clients having a built-in automatic arti insurance feature”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • keven2002 said:
    Promathia said:
    keven2002 said:

• Wondering if the 50 SDI Chiv book makes more sense to be a necrobook to be more inline with the whole theme (Lexicon of Juo'nar = Language/knowledge of Juo'nar).
    The Paladin book makes more sense than a necro book, Juo'nar was a paladin
    Sorry - not really great with UO Lore unless it's in the game somewhere.

Is that the same Juo'nar from the roof that is an ancient lich that casts necro spells and summons undead type spawn? Also has a drop from the roof of Juo'nar Grimoire which is a necro book? 

I like the idea of have a studded leather (or bone) version though to give people options. Obviously that would translate to stone for the garg version.

**EDIT** I would love nightsight added to maybe the arms? Good little mod for warriors that aren't elves.

Right, but before he was a Lich he was a paladin. It would be why the main theme among many of the new rewards is paladin stuff (The talisman, the book, the scabbard, the plate arms, the weapon)
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    can you add the Lantern of Protection
    back to the list of the rewards for the Treasures event?

And I second the recommendation of making the token purple.
    It is a color on holiday lights that most people put on a tree
  • PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    Yoshi said:

please make a percentage of the drops cursed and prized due to 2 out of the 3 clients having a built-in automatic arti insurance feature”
    As long as the spawn is not treasure creatures, prove its for PvP and not just 100 drops per spawn per player.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • GoldieGoldie Posts: 142
    edited September 2022
    hi is this true I can seige bless first aid belt ? 
    Max won't be able to stop this 

OMG  thank you Kyronix  and devs :)

• Resolved issue preventing players from Siege blessing the first aid belt

On a tiny side note, any chance to get a said vet reward or store item or dungeon event reward for say an item that is for 2 hours once every 24 hours, 10 charges(if store item) 10 charge 1 renewable charge once a week(something like that for vet reward or dungeon event item). 

Now what would this item do:    lock your pets skills for 2 hours.
    (now i do realize this be PVM not sure if this is workable or wanted for PVP)  

I have a limited play time and having a pet die a few times, i seem to end up having to spend few hours trying to get those points back up again to 120.   This is just a thought :)
    thank you for reading.
    edited September 2022
    “RE battle lust buff
    Im probably asking way too much here sorry
    but any chance it can display a number or 2 without you having to actually mouse over the buff?
    same request for magic reflect, spell focusing, focus rage, perfection, can’t think of anything else that builds up/cycles
    i mean, are we going to have to control our movement left right up down with the arrow keys so we can mouse over these buffs 24/7

(the rival client I think already does this)”
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,211
    Yoshi said:

What is this crap 2 out of 3 clients, as far as I know there are only TWO legal clients.  So are you asking for features for illegal clients.  Maybe it is time this alt gets a perma ban also, I am so tired hearing about other clients and nothing is done about it.
    edited September 2022
    “Pincos UI has built in auto insure Artifact option. However no am not making request for auto artifact insure on classic. Am requesting some items be cursed/prized to combat against this feature.

I am not sure why nothing is done about players using illegal clients but that is not a topic for this thread”
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited September 2022
    McDougle said:
    The biggest drawback is of course the lack of fishing in deceit this is especially important as in a little known fact juo'nar is an avid fisherlich i hearby suggest a fishing pole should added with the following features 
    No footwear 
    Sc
    Fc1 fcr 3

Yoshi said:

Just to be clear your request is only for Fel and if Fel is active.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    edited September 2022
    Pawain said:
    Yoshi said:

As long as the spawn is not treasure creatures, prove its for PvP and not just 100 drops per spawn per player.
    It's not entirely about PvP for ATL - it's about it being the most populated shard there is and the extreme overcrowding that happens for Tram only events. There needs to be a Fel instance available.

I know LS doesn't have this population  issue or much good PvP in general but again you need to understand that you don't speak for everyone (certainly not those on ATL). You can feel free to go to Fel on LS and do whatever you want. Funny how quickly you become sour grapes on something that doesn't directly benefit you.

Maybe we should have separate thread for Fel and Pvp related feedback, so as not to derail the other discussion and relevant feedback for the reward at the Trammel side.
  • keven2002 said:
    Pawain said:
    Yoshi said:

It's not entirely about PvP for ATL - it's about it being the most populated shard there is and the extreme overcrowding that happens for Tram only events. There needs to be a Fel instance available.

I know LS doesn't have this population  issue or much good PvP in general but again you need to understand that you don't speak for everyone (certainly not those on ATL). You can feel free to go to Fel on LS and do whatever you want. Funny how quickly you become sour grapes on something that doesn't directly benefit you.
    Their biggest complaint will be the double dipping in the scrolls and the event items. Biggest thing is, they’re taking a risk doing it in fel, don’t want them double dipping, raiders the spawn and take it over; why is it only one facet can enjoy the benefits of grinding for the items, while the other facet just gets ignored. Doing tram deceit last year in only tram was a huge snore fest as I had to run from floor one to four just to try and get 15 drops in an all ready over populated small dungeon with an ok spawn rate but way too easy of monsters too kill, besides the rams and poison eles. When fire was in both facets and the spawn was apart of it, didn’t see scrolls pop up in price or the items. Why not turn on in fel and leave both the fel community and tram community happy? Don’t want a certain group of people doing it, either stop them, or ask to join. Not a hard concept
    Ok so I tested out the Expor Malas staff between 2 characters but didn't really notice much difference and since there isn't an icon on the buff bar when taking a searing hit it's hard to verify the debuff for HPR. 

The extra fire damage procs separately and on my char with 70 fire resist it was only doing 1 damage. It was doing 3dmg to a lich (at least I think it was from searing and not from hit fire area but I could be wrong because I don't know when it's proc'ing against a monster. Hardly significant enough to use in PvP and not really a game changer for PvM on the regular but perhaps has a use in fighting the paragons (but then again the 100% LL becomes pointless).

@Kyronix - One tweak I'd suggest is to change the weapon 100% fire so that it synergizes with the 70% hit fire area (and hitting undead weakest resist) OR keep the weapon 100% physical until the weapon is ignited and at that point it becomes 100% fire (thus the searing effect). This would make the weapon more usable for this event in my opinion because we could still us Armor Ignore (100% physical) for a bump in damage but would still be viable even without armor ignore to gain back mana (doing slightly more damage per regular hit).
    edited September 2022
    “no my request for some drops to be prized and cursed is not exclusive to fel. Pinco’s UI auto insure works in tram too.

@keven2002 the weapon special is armor ignore, damage type not relevant”
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Question re the reindeer topiary. It is shown in the newsletter with a red bow, the version from the santa on test center has a plain, uncoloured bow. Is it meant to be able to be dyed?  I have tried to dye it with a regular tub and with plant dyes, both in my pack and when locked down without success. 
    edited September 2022
    Yoshi said:
    “no my request for some drops to be prized and cursed is not exclusive to fel. Pinco’s UI auto insure works in tram too.

@ keven2002 the weapon special is armor ignore, damage type not relevant”
    Completely disagree, you should make your own post about pro-Fel and Pvp. And not everyone uses Pinco or your illegal 3rd party.

I will now vote NOT to have ToT at Fel. Good idea for most but bad idea if you think of dragging us into this crap idea of yours.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,211
    AMEN
  • MerlinMerlin Posts: 199
    edited September 2022
    Really great reward list for the Deceit event, in my opinion.

Bringing back some of the classics that are always useful (escaping boots, morphius epps), some really good new items (archlich gloves, vambraces, mantle robe, juo'nar apron). Even the weapon, looks like all good useful mods on there plus it's a weapon that has good special moves. Also, prices seem reasonable.   Praying that the mods on these do not change or get nerfed. 

Hoping the event is more seamless than the launch of Destard. The Deceit event has traditionally be one of my favorites, fingers crossed it stays that way.  Are we going to see Fel action? 
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 285
    Kyronix said:
    Feedback Here
    can we make the spellbook an undead slayer (random slayer would be cool too) like the last event which was a fey slayer?
    Yoshi said:

@ keven2002 the weapon special is armor ignore, damage type not relevant”
    Correct. But not everyone can spam AI non-stop so in the event that the hit isn't AI; making this weapon 100% fire damage would be better for this event (and go with the other mods on this weapon ie searing / fire area).

@Kyronix - Happy to have people vote on this but in addition to making the bladed staff 100% fire; can we take off either HPR or Stam Regen from the paladin arms in favor of +5HP (like the mage gloves have)? Given that they are called "Vambraces" I'd assume they are designed/geared towards vampire type chars (ie using leeches) so I believe +5HP would be more handy than something like Stam Regen (especially on plate which has added stam protection).
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 285
    edited September 2022
    DELETE
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    edited September 2022
    How about something for non fighters? Maybe for thief. Require detect-stealing like VvV sigs. Dungeon chests too for lock picking. Something for everyone should be the goal. Forcing everyone to fight is lame. 

Agree with Helper. Gloves need a little more boost and I have an idea. 
    2 versions:
    Pvm version add 200 luck and +5 Magery?
    PvP version add casting focus, 5hpr +5 resist to match cuffs. 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Question re the reindeer topiary. It is shown in the newsletter with a red bow, the version from the santa on test center has a plain, uncoloured bow. Is it meant to be able to be dyed?  I have tried to dye it with a regular tub and with plant dyes, both in my pack and when locked down without success. 
    yes I was disappointed when I tried to dye their bow with pigments and it wouldn't work.
    I was going to try the dye tubs and natural dyes this morning but hadn't gotten around to it.

I think it would be awesome if we could dye them.
    my reindeer garden would look very festive if we could give them all different personalities
    by dying their bows different colors.
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 1,021
    edited September 2022
    Additional Battle Lust testing:

--
    To aggress a target:
    Attack the target before the target aggresses you and take damage from any creature (possibly source)

--
    To build Battle Lust:
    Take 21 Damage (this is the damage tic above your character's head) from any creature (possibly source). If you take 20 or less damage, you will not build Battle Lust (though you may receive the "increase Battle Fury" system message).

At 75 HP, you must take 21 Damage.
    At 123 HP, you must take 21 Damage.
    The damage required to build Battle Lust does not scale with HP or Str.

--
    Aggressed targets and "Stack" building:
    You can have more than 6 Aggressed Targets:

For each aggressed target, up to 6, you will gain 1% Battle Lust when you take 21 or more damage from any creature (possibly source). This means your maximum "Stack" is 6% per 21 or higher damage tic.

With six or more aggressed targets, it will take 15 tics of 21 or more damage (315 total damage to you), to build your stacks to 90% PvM.

Battle Lust appears to build every 2 seconds, so you would need to take 315 damage over 30 seconds to maximize your stacks.

--
    @Kyronix

Suggested Battle Lust Tool Tip information improvement areas:

1. % damage increase should be changed to % Damage Modifier.

2. % damage increase does not update to show % damage increase loss every six seconds. Instead % damage increase updates only when a new % damage increase is applied (either a successful or unsuccessful Battle Lust building damage tic).

It might be better for the tool tip to update over time (every 6 seconds?) as % damage increase losses occurred as well as when % damage increase gains occurred on successful damage tics.

3. # aggressed targets does not update until a new target is successfully aggressed, or an aggressed target is killed, or until the aggressed flag has worn off and the player unequips and reequips a Battle Lust weapon.

It might be better for the tool tip to simply update # aggressed targets when:
    A new target is successfully aggressed
    and
    An aggressed target is killed
    and
    When the aggressed flag for any aggressed target changes to not aggressed
    and
    When a Battle Lust weapon is equipped
    and/or
    Every 1 second

4. I agree with Yoshi that since this tooltip is counting "stacks" it should display a "stack" counter on the tooltip. Like Yoshi, I also realize none of the other "stack counting" tool tips currently do this, but they should.

I would suggest a "stack counter" beside the Battle Lust tool tip displaying the % damage increase. For UI consistency, this information could be displayed using the same font, color, and spacing as the current countdown timers on other tooltips (Enemy of One, Invisibility, etc.)

--
    Overall, I am happy to see the buff icon in the game and to be able to use the icon tool tip to finally figure out how Battle Lust works!
    -Arroth
    edited September 2022

4. I agree with Yoshi 
    “careful, you might receive a warning from the forum moderator”
  • @kryonix Will there be a turn-in system like there was for Wrath of the Fey, where we turned in eggs for ingots?  Perhaps we can turn in 10 - 100 of the following items: pumpkins from pumpkin patches, bones of a player,  "trick or treat" items or some other newly designated item for a Remnant of the Archlich that counts as 1 artifact point so all people can participate in this ToT like the last one.