items not showing on vendor search

did anyone else notice that now items placed on the vendor without a description do not show in the vendor search? used to be just drop the item on the vendor, type in price and you are set, when did they change this requirement?

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,974
    edited September 2022
    I put these 2 100 gold torches on and they showed up in less than 2 mins.

But some say I have an account that does not experience bugs.

You need to be more specific.  There are items that do not show up in VS without a description, most are event related.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Draike said:
    did anyone else notice that now items placed on the vendor without a description do not show in the vendor search? used to be just drop the item on the vendor, type in price and you are set, when did they change this requirement?
    Did you maybe opt out of vs?
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Do you have a search criteria set that you might have forgotten about?  Sometimes I forget and my items do not show up that way.  Know to look for that now.
  • I have a vendor that sells all kinds of tokens, holiday, anniversary, etc. I've been using him for several years, no change in setup. I normally grab tokens and drop then on the vendor, type price, done. Now, past several days, i restock him with 25th anniversary tokens and bunch of old ones, same as usual, drop, price ,done. Decided to check prices next day and none of tokens (new or old) showed up in vs. Played with vendor settings,  same result. Then someone in general chat said add description. Drop on vendor, price, description and congrats, can see my items on vs right away. Was there some kind shadow update to vs in the last patch?
    edited September 2022
    Draike said:
    I have a vendor that sells all kinds of tokens, holiday, anniversary, etc. I've been using him for several years, no change in setup. I normally grab tokens and drop then on the vendor, type price, done. Now, past several days, i restock him with 25th anniversary tokens and bunch of old ones, same as usual, drop, price ,done. Decided to check prices next day and none of tokens (new or old) showed up in vs. Played with vendor settings,  same result. Then someone in general chat said add description. Drop on vendor, price, description and congrats, can see my items on vs right away. Was there some kind shadow update to vs in the last patch?
    I just put random tokens on and they show up and others show up with no added text.

You are correct about the 25th Anniv Tokens.  The 25th Anniversary tokens do not show up on Vendor search unless you put text with them.

Many event or clicky items are like this.  Check new things when vendoring.  there are bug reports from the past ones.  Some issue with how the devs name some items I guess.

The skull drink shows up, I didn't check the rest.
  • The problem is not contained to 25th anni tokens only, i had 2018 holiday, 23rd anni doing the same now. In fact i still have various tokens from couple days ago on the vendor still not showing up in vs and have same ones with description added that show
    So the issue is tokens (is it all token or just gift ) suddenly need descriptions add due to secret patch ?
    McDougle said:
    So the issue is tokens (is it all token or just gift ) suddenly need descriptions add due to secret patch ?
    No. It is just a few random things. Most are from dungeons, click, or gifts. Maybe all. Like I said, there are bug reports from past ones.  I'll check the others he mentioned.
    edited September 2022
    Draike said:
    The problem is not contained to 25th anni tokens only, i had 2018 holiday, 23rd anni doing the same now. In fact i still have various tokens from couple days ago on the vendor still not showing up in vs and have same ones with description added that show
    I beg to differ, I just put on a holiday 18 and a 23rd.  Pretty much all other tokens are on LS all un described.

Seems it is only this 25th token.  You can make a bug report for it.  The others work fine.  Do not include the ones that work in your bug report.
    edited September 2022
    McDougle said:
    You know you could log into UO and test things like this instead of reckless speculation.  The devs are so un busy they put in secret patches...
    Pawain said:
    McDougle said:
    You know you could log into UO and test things like this instead of reckless speculation.  The devs are so un busy they put in secret patches...
    I was asking constructive questions 
  • Pawain, i have no intention to over complicate things or include bugs that are not there. If your tokens worked for you (2018, etc), then its fine, they didnt work for me. I dont post a lot and dint have a reputation to be a drama queen. I havent been playing for past 6 months, and noticed that crap with vendor/vs right away. Reason i know because i underpriced things and they didnt sell, only things that are higher price were visible in the vs, thats all.
    @Draike ; You are correct.  There is a Bug with the 25th Anniversary Tokens.  

All interested in selling them on a vendor should add the description - 25th Anniversary Token.

Or they will not show up on Vendor search.  Thank you for this public service Announcement.