Fishing skill weapons

2»

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    dvvid said:
    McDougle 

There are multiple battle chef classes for both dnd and pathfinder but fun is frowned upon in uo
    What an absurd statement. 
    Again someone who repeatedly calls me a troll coming into a perfectly calm discussion offering nothing of value and replying only out of dislike..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • dvviddvvid Posts: 849
    edited September 2022
    McDougle said:
    dvvid said:
    McDougle 

There are multiple battle chef classes for both dnd and pathfinder but fun is frowned upon in uo
    What an absurd statement. 
    Again someone who repeatedly calls me a troll coming into a perfectly calm discussion offering nothing of value and replying only out of dislike..
    Please show me where I have called you a troll.  I barely even use the term.  I also don't think you are a troll, so not sure what is goin on with that.  Maybe you are confusing me for someone else.

I'm simply responding to the statement that "fun is frowned upon in UO".  It is clearly absurd.  Do we all play this game because it is aggravating?  Do we play this game because it causes a lot of stress?  We play the game because it is fun.  Therefore, your statement is absurd.

I'm not telling you it is absurd because I don't like you.  I'm telling it is absurd because it is!

Lets also acknowledge that you pop into threads all of the time just to say something along the lines of "wish the devs could communicate more".  Is that helpful?  Not really. 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    edited September 2022
    Urge said:
    Pawain said:
    Can we equip rolling pins and frying pans with Cooking weapon skill also while we are making up stuff?  

I'd rock that all day complete with the chef toque hat. 
    yes I would love to equip a rolling pin in my right hand.
    Pirates can equip liquor in their right hand,
    why can't cooks hold the tools of their trade?
    Mrs Claus would love that very much

=========

I do think that they should make it to where you can engrave fishing poles.
    I would love to put "Used to catch the big one on (insert date) "
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    edited September 2022
    McDougle said:
    keven2002 said:
    Great example of the type of request we see when people are bored.

What's next? A pickaxe that uses the mining skill to kill ore elementals?  :#
    Well lumberjack works with an ax..

Lumberjack has an axe that you need swords to use to fight with... you seem to be mixing up what you are actually asking for.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204
    dvvid said:

I'm simply responding to the statement that "fun is frowned upon in UO".  It is clearly absurd.  Do we all play this game because it is aggravating?  Do we play this game because it causes a lot of stress?  We play the game because it is fun.  Therefore, your statement is absurd.

I'm not telling you it is absurd because I don't like you.  I'm telling it is absurd because it is!

Lets also acknowledge that you pop into threads all of the time just to say something along the lines of "wish the devs could communicate more".  Is that helpful?  Not really. 

I understood completely what he meant by fun is frowned upon. 

Anytime anyone has any sort of out of the box idea people automatically chime in to flame. Proof is plainly written in any thread requesting something different. 

I want new weps, new clothes and new armor. The only thing it would bother is maybe cut a little time off the next shiny item the greedy players could sell. 
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    Given the nature of a fishing pole it should be able to be used as a whip with a long handle. I am thinking barbed and spiked fishing poles. To make one you would need a fishing pole and a whip of desired type, the fishing skill, and tinker skill.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    TimSt said:
    Given the nature of a fishing pole it should be able to be used as a whip with a long handle. I am thinking barbed and spiked fishing poles. To make one you would need a fishing pole and a whip of desired type, the fishing skill, and tinker skill.
     <3 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204

• gaygay Posts: 358
    edited September 2022
    Skimming posts and seeing some references to Lumberjacking, incase anyone doesn't know how the LJ bonus works. It's complete garbage.

It can proc and even de-proc from literally any action you make. From picking something up in your backpack, applying a bandage, opening a door, turning your character, taking a single step, opening your backpack up,swinging your weapon, drinking a potion, etc.

It's an example of a rudimentary "proc" that doesn't have an ICD (internal cooldown) or a timer. Meaning any action that can proc it, can also de-proc it just as quickly. Netting a near sum zero in it's value for 100 skill points.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Urge said:
    Pawain said:
    Can we equip rolling pins and frying pans with Cooking weapon skill also while we are making up stuff?  

I'd rock that all day complete with the chef toque hat. 

=========

I do think that they should make it to where you can engrave fishing poles.
    I would love to put "Used to catch the big one on (insert date) "
    One day we shall carry the rolling pin and frying pans for battle! We need a kitchen slayer!!

Back to OP, we need a seafood slayer... one for Osiredon... lots of meat from those claws for BBQ!!!
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Urge said:

I like this idea... PvP ideas? @Yoshi
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • keven2002 said:
    What's next? A pickaxe that uses the mining skill to kill ore elementals?  :#
    That's what i made this for, farming Shadow Ore Eles in the Yomotsu Mines with my Prospector (Mining/LJ/Fishing). Equip this Hatchet, an Elemental Slayer Cameo, and a pair of +15 Magery/+15 Tact/+3 Anat/15% HCI/+15% DI Jewelry, and 1-2 shot the Shadow Ore Eles then smelt their ore into ingots on my Fire Beetle.
    Too bad Pickaxes don't get a damage bonus from Mining skill like Axes do from LJ skill.
    -0 Mage Wep on a Fishing Pole would be mostly for defensive purposes when fishing (chance to get hit), not for dishing out actual damage.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    edited September 2022
    PlayerSkillFTW said:

Too bad Pickaxes don't get a damage bonus from Mining skill like Axes do from LJ skill.
    -0 Mage Wep on a Fishing Pole would be mostly for defensive purposes when fishing (chance to get hit), not for dishing out actual damage.
    The main difference between fishing and mining is that a fisher can sit in the middle of their boat and take zero melee damage (ie they could have nothing in their hands and still not take melee damage). So it doesn't really matter if a fisher has something in their hand or not.

I could argue that a fisher could equip the same type of bow (instead of pickaxe) and it would be the same thing as your miner setup.
  • ParnocParnoc Posts: 236
    McDougle said:
    Parnoc said:
    Can't you imbue them?  I know not for a weapon but for several good items.  I have about 25 of them I imbued several years ago, does it still work?  

Last i checked you can not but will try again yes i checked you cannot imbue this item 
    They must have let us do it at some time then.     I am trying to figure out how to get screenshots but I play in Pincos full screen (no borders) and it seems it is impossible to print full screen or any item. I am going to try to take a picture with my phone and transfer to comp but being an old fart with some miserable dementia it makes it really hard.  I have forgotten about all of my trade abilities, but I assure you the items do exist, and I will show you.    
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Parnoc said:
    McDougle said:
    Parnoc said:
    Can't you imbue them?  I know not for a weapon but for several good items.  I have about 25 of them I imbued several years ago, does it still work?  

Last i checked you can not but will try again yes i checked you cannot imbue this item 
    They must have let us do it at some time then.     I am trying to figure out how to get screenshots but I play in Pincos full screen (no borders) and it seems it is impossible to print full screen or any item. I am going to try to take a picture with my phone and transfer to comp but being an old fart with some miserable dementia it makes it really hard.  I have forgotten about all of my trade abilities, but I assure you the items do exist, and I will show you.    

try windows key + shift + s
    No, nothing works on the full screen window, if it has the frame then maybe it can but if i try to change I have an awful time and I'm not in the mood for that - that would mean working days and days and more days to get everything straightened out.  The framed one does not seem to work on my comp for some reason, I've used the full screen for over 2 years now or longer.

• ChrilleChrille Posts: 208
    Parnoc said:
    No, nothing works on the full screen window, if it has the frame then maybe it can but if i try to change I have an awful time and I'm not in the mood for that - that would mean working days and days and more days to get everything straightened out.  The framed one does not seem to work on my comp for some reason, I've used the full screen for over 2 years now or longer.

Windows key + print screen workes for me using pincos and full screen.
    Chrille said:
    Parnoc said:

Windows key + print screen workes for me using pincos and full screen.
    With full screen and NO border?  Mine sure don't work, i changed to frame and it worked fine but I like the full screen better, some have said theirs work fine with no border but they also have Win11 and I only have Win10.