Reforge - how to get -15 mage wep

SplupSplup Posts: 7
edited April 2018 in General Discussions
Hi,

I'm interested in creating a 1-handed -15magewep for myself. I'v understood that I can do this with reforge.

I'm creating one with either carpentry or blacksmithing. Do I need to have Valorite runic hammer / Heartwood runic dovetail saw, or can I succeed with lower runics?

Also do I need to choose Grand Artifice --> Exalted Artifice ---> Sublime Artifice, or should I just use Inspired Artifice?

I guess if I want the best chance to have just the mage weapon and no useless mods, I should take Arcane of Wizardy + Invigorating of restoration ?

I'm sorry for the trouble, but I would really appreciate advice on how to get the best chance of reforging -15 mage weapon on a weapon without extra mods.

Thanks!

Tagged:

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited April 2018
    It’s a bit of a tough one, I think a bronze runic, may be easier with gold, powerful, grand, inspired, arcane  wizardy, but let me ask you. Does it really need to have no extra mods? what other mods do you at least plan on imbuing onto it? This can assist. I very much doubt you’ll get one with only -15 mage weap. 

Im assuming you’re wanting a metal weap, I normally make wooden one handed weap so I can add 2 hpr, and I’d use ash runic saw.
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• SplupSplup Posts: 7
    edited April 2018
    I'm planning on having it Spell channeling without -1.

I burned through bunch of Ash runics and -20 was best I got. Same with copper runics.

Tried also making 15 EP weapon by burning through bunch of Ash runics, copper runics, shadow copper and dull copper and got only 10 EP.

I'm starting to think that these -15 mage weapon and +15 EP weapons are not possible to make :P
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited April 2018
    Yeah go for higher runic, it will prob come with another mod, but if the mod is damage increase, you can remove with whetstone, it could come with spell chan and or FC1, or elemental damage (which won’t count as a mod for imbueing) I think you still have room for one more mod, you going for dci?
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Yea going for DCI.

I guess gotta try higher runics - was thinking maybe it has been changed and not possible anymore.
  • KronalKronal Posts: 84
    -15 is copper runic - Select powerful and Arcane/wizard.

For wood use ash runic and arcane/wizard with nothing else selected.
    edited April 2018
    Kronal said:
    -15 is copper runic - Select powerful and Arcane/wizard.

For wood use ash runic and arcane/wizard with nothing else selected.
    Thanks!