Cannot drop Summon Fiend scroll into Spellweaving Book

I just completed the Fiendish Friends quest chain. This awarded me with the Summon Fiend scroll. When I tried to drop the scroll into my Spellweaving Book it would not allow me to. There were no messages in the chat telling me why.

My Spellweaving is at 46 (real). The Summon Fiend spell says the minimum to cast is 38. 

Oddly, the second or third time I tried to drop the scroll into the book, the book disappeared from my inventory. I had to restart the game and the book reappeared.

I am using the Enhanced Client with the latest Pinco's UI.

Any thoughts? 

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Does the book already have the spell in it?
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• remesqremesq Posts: 4
    No, it is "greyed out". I tried clicking it to cast and get the system message that I do not have that spell.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Is the book open
    No, the book was not open.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    strange
    I believe I got the Spellweaving Book from a quest, but I did that in 2016 and never filled the book. Maybe there is something wrong with the book itself?
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,204

Fey are better anyway.

• ZekeTerraZekeTerra Posts: 313
    I know you can't cast Summon Fiend if you don't do the quest, but haven't run into not being able to add it to a book.
  • did you maybe do the summon fiend quest on a different character or buy the scroll from someone else? maybe that's why it won't let you drop it in your book?
  • North_LSNorth_LS Posts: 99
    do you already have summon Fey? pretty sure you can only have one or the other.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Drop the book on the floor and pick it up again.

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• RockRock Posts: 567
    @North_LS, you can have both Summon Fey and Summon Fiend. I don't know what is causing the OP's problem, but I'd try @Mervyn's suggestion.
    Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)