Helping the Gargoyle

May 1, at 8 pm est I will attempt again to retrieve some of the remains of the Great Library of the Royal City Greetings, adventurer. Meet at the city square in the Royal City, we will from there go get the quest from the Queen and begin this journey to salvage some of the Gargoyles books from the ruins of their Library. If you would like to read about this quest here is a link to help understand

Journey to the Athenaeum Isle - UOGuide, the Ultima Online Encyclopedia

As you know, my people have suffered the incessant onslaught of the Void and its minions for as long as Gargish history exists. Protecting Ter Mur from the darkness, and its desire to consume the land completely, is a burden passed down from one ruler to another upon ascension to the throne. During my rule, I have been more successful than my predecessors but, now, I fear that the greatest evil both myself and my people have ever faced is about to return.

Long ago, Ter Mur was assaulted by the most formidable and horrid servant of the Void it had ever faced. Called Scelestus the Defiler, this daemon proved invincible to any weapon or spell that was utilized against him. I was unable to defeat him and was forced to imprison him instead. Sadly, my own daughter was caught in the spell and stands imprisoned next to the daemon. It has been this way for a thousand years now.

I have received word that the isle which houses the daemon, Athenaeum Isle, is once again swarming with daemons. Based on the description provided to me, I believe these are the minions of the Defiler himself. They have no doubt crawled out of the dark in anticipation of their master’s return. In truth, the prison I placed him within will not last forever.

I ask that you journey to the southwestern flight tower, adventurer, and head further southwest towards the shore. Near the water's edge, you will find an ancient teleport site which will transport you to the isle. Once there, please slay as many of these monsters as you can. Additionally, please keep your eye out for any documents that you may discover. This isle was the former home of our Great Library and, when it fell, not all of the documents and books were able to be taken to the new location here in the Royal City.

Slay the beasts and return to me any documents that you acquire.

Be careful, and go with honor.

-Queen Zhah