UO Upgrade Ideas

Two quick ideas,

Make vender search work across all shards. If you would, make it a global marketplace with remote delivery (Amazon Prime). 

Explore merging UO into the metaverse.  I would love to have access to some classic UO NFTs.

Thoughts?

Stephen
Tagged:

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Been brought up a lot.  Can the coding handle this function?  I'd rather stay out of the Metaverse a tho.

I'll sell you an NFT for a camera inside my refrigerator.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited August 2022
    Cross shard VS and automated courier service was first suggested by me... the full system was explained in another post  erm... copyright 2021 a r r
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    Seth that would be great 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    “One time ever I found an item on vendor search on a shard that wasn’t Atlantic”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    They just finally "fixed" VS on ATL which almost never worked for more than 20min at a time and when it did work it would take like 5min for a simple search. Now you guys want to mess with VS to make it global? That sounds like the hamster running the thing would have a massive heart attack; leaving all VS broken for good.

Careful what you wish for.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited August 2022
    Worldwide VS used to work on a 3rd party website called seaxxxxxxx.com.

When you search it shows the item availability and shard.

It is also removed when I last checked, because maybe it's not making money out of that free service. 

Basically I searched there then login to transfer and buy.

It's a web store that sell their UO wares too.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Pawain said:
    Been brought up a lot.  Can the coding handle this function?  I'd rather stay out of the Metaverse a tho.

I'll sell you an NFT for a camera inside my refrigerator.
    I get it, but we also want to stay relevant and bring in new, younger players. This would be huge news and would attract a lot of interest.

As for the code, I'm not sure. Code can be updated or changed.  It would revive the economy, which is something UO is known for, across the shards. 
  • Seth said:
    Cross shard VS and automated courier service was first suggested by me... the full system was explained in another post  erm... copyright 2021 a r r
    I hope they do it...