pixie lanterns

Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 620
trying to pick up pixie lanterns on EC told me I can't receive a gift at this time. What it didn't tell me was I already had it in my backpack - EC just doesn't display it.
Had to switch to CC to actually see it in my backpack.

Comments

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,338
    I didn't see it at first either, but I just switched between grid view and list view to make it show up.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited July 2022
    "i can see it in grid view,

however cannot see it in CC trade window, i think due to the height that it hangs (can see in EC trade window),
    I think perhaps the OP was just a little quick off the mark in claiming the reward"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 620
    I can't see it in grid view
    edited July 2022
    “You have run the client patcher?
    can you see it in legacy container mode or list view?”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    I tried both, list view and legacy containers, both with default UI and custom UI - I see nothing. On CC I see them.
    "and you have run the EC patcher?"
    yes
    hmm I just ran it again and now it did apply a patch. That's probably what it was. Weird that it didn't patch correctly before.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,046
    If you run multiple accounts you should patch twice before you go as far as logging in.

Common for it to need 2 cycles.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    “??”
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,046
    edited July 2022
    Yoshi said:
    “??”
    When there is a new publish.  If I do 1 patch cycle and load an account, then I immediately load another one.  Most of the time it will crash or if it loads the second account will not see new things.

So, when I see there is a patch, I start UO let it patch then log in but do not choose a shard. I close UO then start again and let it patch again. The second time there is just a small movement on the bars. I again close UO at the shard selection screen.

I log in again and UO runs correctly.

I use CC and always log in with the UO Patch Icon.

Just like you said, the OP had not patched completely.  When he patched a second time, the lanterns showed up.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.