What are colored eggs good for exactly?

I've been collecting them, and now have a fair pile of them on my vendor set for the lowest basic price I see on the server, and nobody seems to buy them. I know they are connected to this event being run, but I'm not sure where I'd turn them in or what I'd do with them. 

Given the obvious easter analogy and the comments about oddly colored bunnies, I also wanted to ask if there was any use for the colored rabbits people are selling out of New Magincia (just found out about the animal sellers there). Do I need to get a rabbit to do something with the eggs? Is this connected to all the stuff I read about the event in Destard? 

Sorry to be ignorant, I did see a long quest detailed about bringing an egg to I think it was Moonglow, but in skimming that it didn't really explain why I'd want a bunch of these or why anyone would really want bags of them. 

That said if nothing else perhaps they will rot, and for Halloween I can run around throwing them at houses with players who don't put out candy. <span>:smile:</span>

Comments

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited June 2022
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • RelvinianRelvinian Posts: 27
    There are two events running that will allow you to use the eggs. I am on my phone right now and can’t link but they are called “Treasures of fey wrath” and “spring fever event”.  You can turn in the eggs for a couple different things for the spring fever, and for the fey wrath you can trade eggs for fey ingots. You can turn the fey ingots in for 1 point for destard items. 
  •  Thanks you two, makes a LOT more sense now. Sadly in the limited time this is running I don't think I'll be able to nab any of the things I'd want, but it's good information. 
    You would be surprised how many eggs you can pick up if you have the spots marked. I had given up hope of getting the items I wanted until I learned about the eggs. I have almost earned my spell book with weeks to spare. Let me know if you need any help
  • Relvinian said:
    You would be surprised how many eggs you can pick up if you have the spots marked. I had given up hope of getting the items I wanted until I learned about the eggs. I have almost earned my spell book with weeks to spare. Let me know if you need any help
       I wasn't aware they spawned in the same spots, that is good to know. To be honest getting one of those 50% damage spell books is the same thing that interests me, that said collecting 2500 eggs in 2 weeks or so seems a bit daunting (since I believe it's 10 eggs to 1 point), but I suppose I can give it a shot. Not sure what help you can give, but if you don't mind the "competition" maybe you could give me the coordinates for some of the spots you know eggs spawn at? 

At any rate, thanks a lot for the information.
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    Relvinian said:
       I wasn't aware they spawned in the same spots, that is good to know. To be honest getting one of those 50% damage spell books is the same thing that interests me, that said collecting 2500 eggs in 2 weeks or so seems a bit daunting (since I believe it's 10 eggs to 1 point), but I suppose I can give it a shot. Not sure what help you can give, but if you don't mind the "competition" maybe you could give me the coordinates for some of the spots you know eggs spawn at? 

you can collect over 250 eggs per hour, they respawn fairly quickly so you just need some 20 different spots for this
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,945Moderator
    If you put the search term 'curiously adorned egg" into the uo.com player wiki it takes you to this page:

• Archangel said:
    Relvinian said:

you can collect over 250 eggs per hour, they respawn fairly quickly so you just need some 20 different spots for this

I doubt I'm quite that talented, and I'd be content to make a fraction of that per hour. I don't mind a long grind for a decent pay off in an MMORPG. If I could pull down 250 eggs in an hour that would only be a 10 hour grind for what I want, real life commitments not withstanding, I can generally do a 10 hour MMO grind standing on my head. 

When I next get on to play (4am for me right now, am becoming nocturnal again despite my best intentions) I will take the time to start marking locations where I see eggs and see if I can start harvesting them seriously enough to do this over the next couple of weeks. 

That said, the very first egg I found spawned right outside of my house, I remember it because I had to figure out circle of transparency to collect it. It hasn't respawned again since that I noticed. I am thinking some eggs might just be purely random. I sat there waiting a few minutes just now (server reset not long ago) and even cast a bunch of reveal spells to see if there was some guy hiding there invisibly picking it up (would have been creepy to think I had a scripter setting up outside my house all this time) and I didn't find anything, so it doesn't seem that the egg respawns there reliably. 

• Mariah said:
    If you put the search term 'curiously adorned egg" into the uo.com player wiki it takes you to this page:

Thank you again for your time Mariah. 

I think that was the page that I mentioned in my original post since it lists the big long quest about bringing one to Moonglow. I either missed it skimming, or had a different page though, because that does mention the Destard vendor at least that was just pointed out. 

Still, good information, and I should spend more time on the official wiki I guess rather than asking dumb questions on the forums. 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,945Moderator
    Maybe a combination of both?  I would encourage you to use the wiki, I write it to help my fellow players! Once you have found the basic information supplied there' other players can often give a deeper insight and suggest strategies that are relevant to the event; also you will have a better idea of the right questions to ask of them.

I'm always happy to provide links to relevant pages too.
    Relvinian said:

If you happen to play on origin, you can copy my books! Farms are my go to spots, outside of Britain, all over yew, skara and even a few in moonglow. My favorite spots are the small tokuno islands where they spawn rather quickly! 
  • Relvinian said:
    Relvinian said:

If you happen to play on origin, you can copy my books! Farms are my go to spots, outside of Britain, all over yew, skara and even a few in moonglow. My favorite spots are the small tokuno islands where they spawn rather quickly! 

I am on Cheasapeake sadly, but thank you for the offer. That said I shall use this as an excuse to check out the Tokuno islands, I have not been there yet and I will go look around where you suggest and see if I have any luck. 

If worse comes to worse I'll just have to hope I do better in the next event, I fully understand it's unrealistic to jump in at the very end and hope to nab a huge prize. 

edited June 2022
    Relvinian said:

and remember, CTRL+SHFT are your friends (plus put "egg" as filter at the object handle icon
      and the scavenger function!!!

visit all farms you see in the minimap (4 around Yew, 3 Moonglow, 8 britain... mark a rune to each even if u don't see and egg the first time, chances are that a player took em and haven't yet respawned.. and sometimes they dont spawn for a day or so, so keep going back once a day)
    ... eggs spawn inside farmhouses too, therein the crtl-shft need
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    edited June 2022
    Regarding selling the eggs.  If you do the curio collectors quest, he will give you one fey ingot, which counts the same as a drop, for turning in 10 eggs.  Divide the price of the lowest priced ingots or drops by 10 and that is what you should sell the eggs for.

Or, trade the eggs in for ingots and sell those instead.  Or, trade the ingots you get from the curio collector for rewards, like the quiver, and sell those.  I’ve sold a few ingots if priced right they take about a week to sell on my shard.

Recommend using one of those commission vendors that sells for about 25k and only charges a commission on your actual sales rather than the daily rate one. 

Note the curio collector and the npc that you turn the ingots in to are at the dungeon Destard entrance.

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Don’t know how much gold you have in the bank but if you need some you won’t get a better opportunity to raise it than now.  Raising enough gold to buy the equipment and scrolls you need is very difficult in UO for a beginning player outside of events like this one.  Also, plan for what rewards you will get on the last day of the event if you don’t have enough for what you want.  Your ingots, most drops, and eggs will become worthless the day after the event ends.  But, some of the rewards will hold their value and some may increase in value.
    Think earrings, the Fey talisman, ankh, will always be desirable 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    other egg spawn locations:

you can take the shrine ankh to Compassion
    they spawn in the sand area.

don't forget the dread wastes

• poppspopps Posts: 3,904

@Cinderella

What are the dread wastes ? Never heard about them.....
  •  I've been to the Shrine Of Compassion, all I found was scorpions and sadness.... that said I can check again. The daunting part is going to be finding 2500 of these suckers in two weeks, but I'm going to try. I also just learned about the cntrl+shift trick, that should help a lot. 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    popps said:

@ Cinderella

the sand area on Tokuno (north of Zento)
    where the deathwatch beetles spawn

the eggs are found along the coast and out in the middle
    i can find about 6 in the area usually
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,904
    popps said:

@ Cinderella

the sand area on Tokuno (north of Zento)
    where the deathwatch beetles spawn

the eggs are found along the coast and out in the middle
    i can find about 6 in the area usually
    Ah OK thanks !