Trouble getting pack items

TherumancerTherumancer Posts: 39
 I just started playing UO a couple days ago and before I even logged in and made a character I bought all the expansion packs including Gothic, Rustic, and King's Collection. According to what I'm reading I should have received tokens to collect items from these packs but I did not. Is this an error, or do I need to do something special to collect these items? I am thinking I bugged it since I didn't have a character yet for there to be a delivery. 

Ideally I'd like to collect the stuff on Mitsuru on Chesapeake shard to help decorate my house. 

Comments

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
     I just started playing UO a couple days ago and before I even logged in and made a character I bought all the expansion packs including Gothic, Rustic, and King's Collection. According to what I'm reading I should have received tokens to collect items from these packs but I did not. Is this an error, or do I need to do something special to collect these items? I am thinking I bugged it since I didn't have a character yet for there to be a delivery. 

Ideally I'd like to collect the stuff on Mitsuru on Chesapeake shard to help decorate my house. 

You should have received a code you need to enter in game to get those items 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,980Moderator
    edited June 2022
    when purchasing the item you receive a code. This code needs to be entered in two places, one is the account management page, the other is in the promotional code section of the ultima store gump in game.

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,210
    The barrel sponge and fire painting are worth at least 100mil combined value if you decide to sell. (Kings collection goodie code?)

(Barrel sponge gives rare potions. Fire painting gives a random .1 scroll of trans weekly)
  • Mariah said:
    when purchasing the item you receive a code. This code needs to be entered in two places, one is the account management page, the other is in the promotional code section of the ultima store gump in game.

Thank you for that information, that's the problem. I only entered it under account, will enter the code into the store as well. For some reason I didn't realize that. 

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,074
    The code in the account page gives you the upgrade.  The code in the game gives you the items.

You can click the correct link on the Origin store page and see the codes. I did what you did with High Seas and did not put the code in the game for the items.  I finally did it years later and got the items.

Not all upgrades have in game items
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  •  There were items for High Seas too? Will have to check that. I thought it was just an expansion pack.... Need to do more and better research obviously. 
    edited June 2022
     There were items for High Seas too? Will have to check that. I thought it was just an expansion pack.... Need to do more and better research obviously. 
    Ya but maybe only if you bought the Kings collection. The fire painting is quite popular.  It comes with many things in a fancy chest.

Oh your OP says you bought the Kings Collection.  So log in and put the same code in!
    edited June 2022
    The description of that one says this:

After entering the code on the account management page, log into the game and use the same code in game to receive the following items: 
    • 3 new lamps
    • 2 new Ornate Tables
    • 1 new bookcase
    • 1 new Bell
    • 4 types of sponges – the Barrel sponge will give you 5 random potions a day
    • 5 new pictures – the Burning Man picture will give a .1 sot a week and the Sailing Ship will give 50 Power Charges a week
    • 2 new tapestries
    • 2 new poster beds

You do not get some of the items, but this gives your account the ability to craft them.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    "Why you have to enter it 2 times?"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    Because the account page upgrades the actual account.  The other, gives you the items on the character you want them on.

Should it give the items to a random character and you have to go find them?

Its better to get the items where you want them,  Maybe you log into a different shard after buying something, you may not want the items on that shard.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,252
    Yoshi said:
    Because EA runs the account page and
    BS runs UO
    edited June 2022
    Pawain said:
    Yoshi said:
    Because the account page upgrades the actual account.  The other, gives you the items on the character you want them on.

Its better to get the items where you want them,  Maybe you log into a different shard after buying something, you may not want the items on that shard.
    “Should give a pop up that asks claim reward? Like vet reward.
    Sounds overly complicated,
    if they need to explain how to do something, it’s bad design.”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
    Yoshi said:
    Pawain said:
    Yoshi said:

“Should give a pop up that asks claim reward? Like vet reward.
    Sounds overly complicated,
    if they need to explain how to do something, it’s bad design.”
    Most things come with instructions, read them.
    edited June 2022
    “Should not have to read instructions, when you buy from Amazon you have to read any instructions? 
    It’s bad business to blame customer for not understanding

origin store asks you already to log in with ea account, you should not even have to apply code one time, should be a menu after you buy that asks what uo account to apply to, should not have to enter a code once, let alone two times in two different places”