Woodland Armor set and Bloodwood

Since I'm working up a carpenter, I was scanning thru what he can make at what skill level.  He can craft Woodland Armor for elves, which is a 5 piece set, plus one of the wooden helms.  If crafted of bloodwood, each piece would get +2 HP regen, or 12 total.  I think.  There is a footnote that says the HP regen doesn't stack with other HP Regen or Life Leech.  Presumably the armor would all stack each piece's regen though, right? A heartwood quarterstaff on its own would offer +2 HP regen and 16% life leech, but I suspect the armor and weapon would not stack.  If it did, your elf would come close to a Necromancer's Horrific Beast form, which maxes out HP regen.

Also, it doesn't look like the bloodwood would aid the Darkwood armor set, which are all "craftable artifacts", and won't even receive an exceptional bonus.  Each piece needs some pretty exotic materials.  The woodland set just needs wood and bark fragments.
Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    edited April 2018
    Yes the mods stack with each piece. It just means if a piece already has 1 or more hp regen it won't go to 3 or more hit point regen on that piece.

So you want to imbue/reforge 5 mods, then enhance with bloodwood (you'll need to use a forged metal of artifacts) to make it 6 mods. Woodland armour doesn't give any lower mana cost bonus even though it's not medable, so you'll probably want to add mage armour. So what you can do is imbue/reforge 4 mods at very high intensity. So it can be over 400 intensity. Then you add the 5th mod mage armour by taking it to the mage guild master. Because that way you use one slot out of 5 but it will effectively bring the piece over 500 intensity. Then you enhance with bloodwood and you end up with a crafted piece around 650 intensity.

Incidentally, the pieces are not restricted to elves if you wear morph earrings on a human you can wear them. 

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• RockRock Posts: 567
    :) @Mervyn, well wow!  So a macer would get the full benefits of each piece, plus that from a bloodwood quarterstaff?  Cool!

I did not follow why you suggest enhancing with bloodwood after imbuing. Why not start with bloodwood-crafted pieces to begin with?

Rock (formerly Imperterritus VXt, Baja)
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    If you start with a bloodwood crafted, the hit point regen counts as a mod, you can only imbue 5 properties, so you would then only have space for 4 more mods to imbue. The above piece has 6 mods as the hit point regen was added after:
    damage eater
    Reflect physical damage
    lower mana cost
    Lower reagent cost
    mage armour

+ hit point regen
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002