Event Reward Items

I was curious if anyone had any thoughts on what I should get to sell to make a few coins from the event item trader since I have all the items for my self now and have accumulated more points.

I really only see the earrings and Alchemy apron on the VS. Are the two 250 point books not popular or is it just that they are valued higher than 175 mil?

Thanks for any thoughts.

Comments

• JepethJepeth Posts: 509
    The books would probably go for a bit more, but even then there are others out there from the Invasions that are the same specs, just without the fancy titles.

I, personally, think the SSI/luck quiver is going to be the thing that will find a healthy market after the event is over.
  • OrdoviciaOrdovicia Posts: 36
    Jepeth said:
    The books would probably go for a bit more, but even then there are others out there from the Invasions that are the same specs, just without the fancy titles.

I, personally, think the SSI/luck quiver is going to be the thing that will find a healthy market after the event is over.

Ah okay, I am not sure why the quiver didn't cross my mind, good point, ty.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    edited June 2022
    While I think the quiver will sell, everyone else is thinking the same thing so there will be a supply/demand thing there. The Fey Slayer tali will be the same thing. Same with earrings.

Might be worthwhile to pick something like the ankh teleporter which might be less selected but something ppl might want for their home (potentially less supply on them). 

I'm currently sitting at around 90 drops and contemplating on getting the apron (I just think it's something I can really use) or getting the macing whip (again not sure if I'd actually use it). Alternative is to pick up another Fey tali which I already have but I also have multiple warriors so it would be nice not to need to swap. These are all for my own use though; if I was going to try to sell them afterwards I'd probably grab a bunch of those pedestals. At 10drops each they aren't bad for a price and some people could easily use 15 of these in their house for displaying things. 
    keven2002 said:
    While I think the quiver will sell, everyone else is thinking the same thing so there will be a supply/demand thing there. The Fey Slayer tali will be the same thing. Same with earrings.

Might be worthwhile to pick something like the ankh teleporter which might be less selected but something ppl might want for their home (potentially less supply on them). 

I'm currently sitting at around 90 drops and contemplating on getting the apron (I just think it's something I can really use) or getting the macing whip (again not sure if I'd actually use it). Alternative is to pick up another Fey tali which I already have but I also have multiple warriors so it would be nice not to need to swap. These are all for my own use though; if I was going to try to sell them afterwards I'd probably grab a bunch of those pedestals. At 10drops each they aren't bad for a price and some people could easily use 15 of these in their house for displaying things. 

Yeah good points. I did sell one apron a few weeks ago for 100 mil but never see the books on VS which I thought was odd. I was leaning towards the items that decay but the tali is probably a good bet as well.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    Jepeth said:

@Jepeth ;

Did the Invasion Spellbooks also come with Fey slayer ?

i thought that the invasion spellbooks missed some of the Slayers.... not sure about Fey, though....
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    popps said:
    Jepeth said:

@ Jepeth 

Did the Invasion Spellbooks also come with Fey slayer ?

i thought that the invasion spellbooks missed some of the Slayers.... not sure about Fey, though....

The invasion spellbooks did have a Fey slayer, I have one with 29sdi

If this link to the list of slayers is complete, all except the Juka slayer are accounted for among the invasion spellbooks:
    https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/slayer-property-items/

Fey slayer
    Also, I just noticed: why is one called "Book Strap" and the other Spellbook Strap"??????

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    edited June 2022

One was made to hold rune books and one to hold spell books.

Would be quite hilarious if Mcdougle is using a book strap for his spell books.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    The fey book with 29% spell damage increase is most likely an invasion book.  Think that is the only event that dropped books on which the spell damage varied.  I have a couple of them.

As far as selling I would put my money on the blessed quiver, fey slayer (maybe), ankh and jawbone.  Don’t know enough about the weapons to value those but since they will all wear out I would not pay 100 million for any of them.  You might do better just selling your drops and ingots at a slightly lower price than your competitors.  Generally the price of rewards during an event is related to the price of the individual drops it takes to get the reward.  Do not think the pages of lore have much value anymore as collectors would already have what they want.  Don’t wait to long though.  After an event ends no one usually wants the drops.

edited June 2022
    Arnold7 said:
    The fey book with 29% spell damage increase is most likely an invasion book.  Think that is the only event that dropped books on which the spell damage varied.  I have a couple of them.

As far as selling I would put my money on the blessed quiver, fey slayer (maybe), ankh and jawbone.  Don’t know enough about the weapons to value those but since they will all wear out I would not pay 100 million for any of them.  You might do better just selling your drops and ingots at a slightly lower price than your competitors.  Generally the price of rewards during an event is related to the price of the individual drops it takes to get the reward.  Do not think the pages of lore have much value anymore as collectors would already have what they want.  Don’t wait to long though.  After an event ends no one usually wants the drops.

All of the invasion books have different percentages for all the stats.

These are both potential 50% books:

I think the slayers went from 25 to 30%. Or I did not keep any below 25%.

Reptile Slayer is the rare one.  But Dragon was very common.

The Khaldun slayer books were a different hue set and were all at 25%

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Pawain said:

Would be quite hilarious if Mcdougle is using a book strap for his spell books 

Should I reply with a picture little sugar troll 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    I am glad you chose the correct one.  :p
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited June 2022
    The Fey Talisman as it's almost Cameo equivalent except for the sad lack of 5 ssi, which can be made up by others tho.

In the long term I feel this one would be the most potent since it's perhaps the only and also most powerful Fey Slayer Talisman 

Luck is as u know is just an increase in probability which may not be felt immediately. But slayer is triple damage, instead of 40 damage it can go to 120.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Pawain said:

sorry to correct you, if you see the pic, the "book strap" is holding spellbooks. But a picture is worth 1000 words: 

Do you see the problem?
    Archangel said:
    Pawain said:

sorry to correct you, if you see the pic, the "book strap" is holding spellbooks. But a picture is worth 1000 words: 

Do you see the problem?
    See i don't even really mind that it's broken. It happens. However the lack of acknowledgement and accountability it's just completely unacceptable...
    They just need to refund the veteran reward 
  • MerlinMerlin Posts: 199
    edited June 2022
    Ordovicia said:
    I was curious if anyone had any thoughts on what I should get to sell to make a few coins from the event item trader since I have all the items for my self now and have accumulated more points.

I really only see the earrings and Alchemy apron on the VS. Are the two 250 point books not popular or is it just that they are valued higher than 175 mil?

Thanks for any thoughts.

In my opinion, the most valuable items you can get from this event to sell later are the following:
    - Ankh of Devotion (this will have sneaky value after the event and requires relatively few drops)
    - Cloak of Light (this is another cheap item in terms of drops required and shouldn't be overlooked, these were offered during a previous event some time back and they're rarely any for sale.. the ones that are usually go for decent coin)
    - Sosaria's Secret Poisons (the HCI earrings were in high demand after the last event and going for high prices)
    - Serpent Skin Quiver (the best new item from the event, is a high end back slot piece that favors warriors, give it 6 months and this will be an expensive item)
    - In Corp Mani Xen (effectively the Cameo for Fey that was long asked for... players creating new warriors and wanting Cameo sets will need this, I would guess it will be priced similar to Cameos in a few months)

Just my two cents ofcourse, but I think those are the items to go after if you want to make some bucks with event items after this one wraps up. 
    Thanks @Merlin and all the others that commented, really helpful information!
    Merlin said:
    Ordovicia said:

Thanks for any thoughts.

In my opinion, the most valuable items you can get from this event to sell later are the following:
    - Ankh of Devotion (this will have sneaky value after the event and requires relatively few drops)
    - Cloak of Light (this is another cheap item in terms of drops required and shouldn't be overlooked, these were offered during a previous event some time back and they're rarely any for sale.. the ones that are usually go for decent coin)
    - Sosaria's Secret Poisons (the HCI earrings were in high demand after the last event and going for high prices)
    - Serpent Skin Quiver (the best new item from the event, is a high end back slot piece that favors warriors, give it 6 months and this will be an expensive item)
    - In Corp Mani Xen (effectively the Cameo for Fey that was long asked for... players creating new warriors and wanting Cameo sets will need this, I would guess it will be priced similar to Cameos in a few months)

Just my two cents ofcourse, but I think those are the items to go after if you want to make some bucks with event items after this one wraps up. 
    I think I am the first and only one asking for a Fey Cameo and we almost got a full version. Others were expecting a lesser version.

B) 
  • RadstRadst Posts: 90
    Cloak of Light is an outdated item from 2014, same thing with Boots of Escaping and Shadow Cloak. Only newer players will make the mistake of buying these items. In fact, most people didn't even realize CoL existed until recent years bc this item was already useless back in the early days.

Just look at the stats, why would you need these when legendary artifacts already have tons of regens?? If you get the correct equip config you hardly need these old items at all.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    Radst said:
    Cloak of Light is an outdated item from 2014, same thing with Boots of Escaping and Shadow Cloak. Only newer players will make the mistake of buying these items. In fact, most people didn't even realize CoL existed until recent years bc this item was already useless back in the early days.

Just look at the stats, why would you need these when legendary artifacts already have tons of regens?? If you get the correct equip config you hardly need these old items at all.
    I agree on the cloak of light because a toon should easily be able to reach 45 HCI without the cloak. Something like the new quiver (5 SSI + luck) or Jumus (Damage increase) would offer more IMO. 

That said, if the boots were available right now I would probably pick up another pair for a warrior bc I don't really see a better alternative if you don't need Shanty Waders; what else would you use for a warrior instead of the +4 stam?
    keven2002 said:
    Radst said:

I agree on the cloak of light because a toon should easily be able to reach 45 HCI without the cloak. Something like the new quiver (5 SSI + luck) or Jumus (Damage increase) would offer more IMO. 

That said, if the boots were available right now I would probably pick up another pair for a warrior bc I don't really see a better alternative if you don't need Shanty Waders; what else would you use for a warrior instead of the +4 stam?
    Mana often I've got all the bases covered and don't mind a little int or mana boost
    I notice the apron not on anyones list. no apron/belt with luck but yay +5 alchemy. 
  • RelvinianRelvinian Posts: 27
    edited June 2022
    McDougle said:
    I notice the apron not on anyones list. no apron/belt with luck but yay +5 alchemy. 
    I would have used the apron if the +5 would have been crafting bonus. +5 skill points doesn’t really do me any good.
    Luck apron on the other hand I would have needed half a dozen!
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    McDougle said:
    The apron, to my opinion, is more usefull only in PvP and, perhaps, not even there much....

I would have preferred a "crafter's" Apron that actually game a crafting success bonus....

Bur definitely, a +10 Alchemy Apron that only raises the Alchemy skill a little bit, but provides no crafting bonus, I do not see its help in PvM much at all....
    popps said:
    McDougle said:
    The apron, to my opinion, is more usefull only in PvP and, perhaps, not even there much....

I would have preferred a "crafter's" Apron that actually game a crafting success bonus....

Bur definitely, a +10 Alchemy Apron that only raises the Alchemy skill a little bit, but provides no crafting bonus, I do not see its help in PvM much at all....
    I am sure I have seen a post where you want to get drops by tossing potions.  It would help with that template in PvM.