Catskills Egg Scripters getting bolder and bolder

On Catskills server, there was a specific, mountless, wraith form, scripter who was on all day by my account. He was on at 8am this morning. I consistently saw him recalling to three different sides of the same screen in Yew steadily throughout the day. He was still going at 11:30 pm when I logged out. I reported him to a GM as did other people I interacted with. Happy to provide more information on this specific individual.

To the devs, not policing this event and not taking action after so many complaints is essentially green lighting abuse. This will impact the economy within the game. This does impact active players from effectively participating in the event. This will introduce many times more event items than should have been earned. These items will not be spread evenly throughout the population and will instead be up on gold selling websites, used by gold sellers for multiboxing events, etc. The difference between this mattering and not is that those who would like to reasonably participate in the event cannot effectively do so.

I suggest the following corrective actions:
-Increase the drop rate of Fey items in dungeon Destard in some way (increase the % chance from normal mobs, guaranteed drops from paragons, etc.) 
-Stop EJ accounts from being able to interact with Curious Eggs.

The first will make it efficient for people to play the event. The second prevents afk to win abuse.
Tagged:
«13

Comments

  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,321
    I have been playing games all day also.  Will be up a few more hours also.

    I recall to the same spots also.  I think most of us do.

    Like me, he was attended when the GM came to check.

    Let me know when egg prices are real low so I can buy some. thanks
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,321
    If you think someone is scripting PAGE A GM!

    Do like others do, get ahead of them and take the eggs first.

    Make them admit what they are doing in overhead chat.  If you need help on how to annoy someone to the breaking point, let me know.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,401
    Why use wraith form, isn't that slow? The eggs don't spawn same exact spot, need to run around including opening doors. Active players should be able to beat them.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,153
    Seth said:
    Why use wraith form, isn't that slow? The eggs don't spawn same exact spot, need to run around including opening doors. Active players should be able to beat them.
    Probably for the no fail recall, due to low level Magery.
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

    Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 1,266
    Seth said:
    Why use wraith form, isn't that slow? The eggs don't spawn same exact spot, need to run around including opening doors. Active players should be able to beat them.
    Probably for the no fail recall, due to low level Magery.
    Wraith form allows you to cast recall without fail regardless of low magery? 
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 1,553
    "yes"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 1,553
    edited May 31

    "well, easy 90 eggs on atlantic this morning, bot continued trying to collect eggs while dead"
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 1,553
    "too many eggs for me to collect on this bot"

    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • RomRom Posts: 27
    Pawain said:
    I recall to the same spots also.  I think most of us do.
    Pawain, I do not have 3 different recall spots for 1 Yew farm spot or 1 Moonglow house. This guy did. 
  • RomRom Posts: 27
    Pawain said:
    If you think someone is scripting PAGE A GM!

    Do like others do, get ahead of them and take the eggs first.

    Make them admit what they are doing in overhead chat.  If you need help on how to annoy someone to the breaking point, let me know.
    I did. I do. It is unfair that someone can automate this process for 14 hours a day on an EJ account and reap the benefit. If it's fair game then why have an event, just give us each the event items and let me not waste my time.

    I proposed an easy fix to this issue for the devs, make EJ accounts not able to interact with eggs. Then someone would at least need to put their real accounts in jeopardy when automating play.
  • TheoTheo Posts: 127
    edited May 31
    Rom said:
    Pawain said:
    If you think someone is scripting PAGE A GM!

    Do like others do, get ahead of them and take the eggs first.

    Make them admit what they are doing in overhead chat.  If you need help on how to annoy someone to the breaking point, let me know.
    I did. I do. It is unfair that someone can automate this process for 14 hours a day on an EJ account and reap the benefit. If it's fair game then why have an event, just give us each the event items and let me not waste my time.

    I proposed an easy fix to this issue for the devs, make EJ accounts not able to interact with eggs. Then someone would at least need to put their real accounts in jeopardy when automating play.
    I can't agree more here in terms of unfair.  These scripts are running on every single shard nonstop. Someone (likely a RMT seller) has these going on probably 4 PC's with 30 PC images.  It is non-stop. They only way to stop them is bag ball their recall spots.  They are getting probably 300-500 points per day.  They will sell these items for months to come when the event it over and the only way to get it is from a RMT scripter.  The UO dev team needs to put an ounce of thought into these events and what can and can't be easily scripted.  Most these eggs spawn in defined locations in guardzones.  Impossible to kill these scripters in Tram and even in Fel.  

    I have no problem competing against human players (and I know who they are on my shard) but when 3 bots or so are going at the same time - there is very little for the honest player.  

    To those that say 'can't you just go faster than the bot?'  well they can flip an atlas or recall book faster than I can and when more than one is going at different patterns (top to bottom, bottom to top) you can't get ahead - the best you can do is get one or two eggs between them recalling in.

    SOmetimes its like O'hare airport with a scripter dropping in every 5-10 seconds. This is so simple to police if you really wanted to.  

    I've just come to the conclusion scripting is OK.  They never seem to go away.  They are constantly at it.  Its disrespectful to those working in Destard trying to get an honest reward. 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,186
    Pawain said:
    Why are you so unwilling to accept there are scripters?
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 782
    edited May 31
    We have a wraith guy egg collector on our shard too wondered why he used that form.  Would not say for sure he is scripter.  He recalls around a lot but don’t think he is on 24/7.  He’s usually there and gone before I can talk to him.
    Egg prices have not moved much on my shard.  They have not kept up with the price of ingots making ingots a much better deal if you are after a Destard dungeon reward.




  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 1,266
    I've noticed a few egg scripters on ATL (which isn't to say they aren't attended) by simply standing at the turn in guy. I see the same couple toons recall in (which for ATL they mark off screen as not to be blocked) and they run up to the same exact spot every single time and stop.

    Just applying a little common sense will tell ya they are using a rail to get to a designated tile to run the quest... or they just have extreme OCD and need to park at the exact same tile every time they run on screen to accept the quest  B)
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,475
    Pac has a suspected scripter in wraith form as well. 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,087
    Theo said:
    Rom said:
    Pawain said:
    If you think someone is scripting PAGE A GM!

    Do like others do, get ahead of them and take the eggs first.

    Make them admit what they are doing in overhead chat.  If you need help on how to annoy someone to the breaking point, let me know.
    I did. I do. It is unfair that someone can automate this process for 14 hours a day on an EJ account and reap the benefit. If it's fair game then why have an event, just give us each the event items and let me not waste my time.

    I proposed an easy fix to this issue for the devs, make EJ accounts not able to interact with eggs. Then someone would at least need to put their real accounts in jeopardy when automating play.
    I can't agree more here in terms of unfair.  These scripts are running on every single shard nonstop. Someone (likely a RMT seller) has these going on probably 4 PC's with 30 PC images.  It is non-stop. They only way to stop them is bag ball their recall spots.  They are getting probably 300-500 points per day.  They will sell these items for months to come when the event it over and the only way to get it is from a RMT scripter.  The UO dev team needs to put an ounce of thought into these events and what can and can't be easily scripted.  Most these eggs spawn in defined locations in guardzones.  Impossible to kill these scripters in Tram and even in Fel.  

    I have no problem competing against human players (and I know who they are on my shard) but when 3 bots or so are going at the same time - there is very little for the honest player.  

    To those that say 'can't you just go faster than the bot?'  well they can flip an atlas or recall book faster than I can and when more than one is going at different patterns (top to bottom, bottom to top) you can't get ahead - the best you can do is get one or two eggs between them recalling in.

    SOmetimes its like O'hare airport with a scripter dropping in every 5-10 seconds. This is so simple to police if you really wanted to.  

    I've just come to the conclusion scripting is OK.  They never seem to go away.  They are constantly at it.  Its disrespectful to those working in Destard trying to get an honest reward. 
    The UO dev team needs to put an ounce of thought into these events and what can and can't be easily scripted. 

    While I do agree that scripters should definitively be dealt with, I do not want to see this alternative "non-combat" way to gather points to be gone because of scripters....

    I'd rather much prefer the Developers to get rid of these scripters without taking away from players non scripting this alternative "non-combat" way of getting points.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,153
    edited May 31
    Yoshi said:
    "too many eggs for me to collect on this bot"

    Thanks for the leftovers by the way. 
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

    Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

  • Maximus_NeximusMaximus_Neximus Posts: 352
    edited May 31
    I must have missed it. Where are all the hot spots to watch for the eggs/scripters?
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,153
    The best spots for Eggs are Brit farms Fel/tram Skara Farms Fel/Tram. Yew Fel/Tram and the little islands all over tokuno.  as far as Scripters go, they are usually where the egss are . . .

    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

    Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,466
    Seth said:
    Why use wraith form, isn't that slow? The eggs don't spawn same exact spot, need to run around including opening doors. Active players should be able to beat them.
    This wraith moved faster than I have seen any do.
    I wasn't lagging and I was riding an ethereal and it went around me like I was on foot.
    And I wasn't lagging either
  • GTOGTO Posts: 5
    Rom said:
    On Catskills server, there was a specific, mountless, wraith form, scripter who was on all day by my account. He was on at 8am this morning. I consistently saw him recalling to three different sides of the same screen in Yew steadily throughout the day. He was still going at 11:30 pm when I logged out. I reported him to a GM as did other people I interacted with. Happy to provide more information on this specific individual.

    To the devs, not policing this event and not taking action after so many complaints is essentially green lighting abuse. This will impact the economy within the game. This does impact active players from effectively participating in the event. This will introduce many times more event items than should have been earned. These items will not be spread evenly throughout the population and will instead be up on gold selling websites, used by gold sellers for multiboxing events, etc. The difference between this mattering and not is that those who would like to reasonably participate in the event cannot effectively do so.

    I suggest the following corrective actions:
    -Increase the drop rate of Fey items in dungeon Destard in some way (increase the % chance from normal mobs, guaranteed drops from paragons, etc.) 
    -Stop EJ accounts from being able to interact with Curious Eggs.

    The first will make it efficient for people to play the event. The second prevents afk to win abuse.
    You are a Legendary Assumer. You throw out every "bad actor" scenario in the hope that someone with the ability to make change reads it and says "oh no we must stop all these gold selling websites." Either way as long as the person is attended whats your problem? Is it because you cant gather as efficiently as they do? Or is it because you dont have the assumed script they do? And how do you know how many reward items are allowed to be collected during an event? I would be willing to go out on a limb and say you were most likely someone that was taking advantage of the absurd drop rate the first few days. If so, was that not exploiting a bug? My distain for the Cats shard may be leaking into my objectiveness. 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,321
    edited May 31
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    Why are you so unwilling to accept there are scripters?
    Compared to what I use, CC with nothing else, most of you are scripting legally as these players are or they would not be able to hold a conversation with a GM.

    I understand the power of a gamer and what they can do.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,321
    The same name toon as Yoshi killed is on LS.  I see them turn in eggs in Tram, but they are not speedy about it.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,401
    edited June 1
    Seth said:
    Why use wraith form, isn't that slow? The eggs don't spawn same exact spot, need to run around including opening doors. Active players should be able to beat them.
    This wraith moved faster than I have seen any do.
    I wasn't lagging and I was riding an ethereal and it went around me like I was on foot.
    And I wasn't lagging either
    Maybe he is using some accelerator, speed hacking software.

    GM!
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • GigglesGiggles Posts: 61
    edited June 1
    I normally don't post on stuff like this because well.. I feel its pointless. But I'm bored so why not!

    The problem goes wayyyyy beyond scripting some eggs honestly. The mismanagement of this game over the past several years is honestly the real problem. Once you open the doors to modifiable clients, and allow these clients to connect to the server, its a wrap at that point. If UO was restricted to the good old classic client, and all other clients, even the EC were removed, we wouldn't have half of the problems we do now.

    It fairly frustrating in the PvP world to fight people who are running the new fad client, that has built in scripts for every pvp related action imaginable. I always had a lot of pride in the fact that I was a "legit" pvper. But it didn't and still doesn't matter. In the pvp world I am just old school, or outdated, or too stupid to modify my EC client to compete. Modded clients and scripts is the new norm, and it has gone on far too long for the devs to do a damn thing about it without banning half the games already dwindling population. 

    And all that TLDR leads to the current problem... The new clients make learning the code and developing scripts super simple, and within days someone wrote a script that people are using to collect eggs... a script that would not work in the good ol classic UO or EC.  

    So that leads me to ask.. why care? why post novels about scripting and boo hoo all day about it when scripting exists in all aspects of this game, and has gone on far too long to extinguish? Just do what everyone else is doing, learn the "new" clients and play UO plug and push play. But oh.. you wanna be legit.... like me. lol have fun with that, and get use to being completely ignored. They will just continue to try and make events "lol non scriptable" Which makes it 20 times more difficult for the "legit" players. Which will lead to the dwindling of the "legit" players who will either quit or jump on the bandwagon. Its a circle, a cycle that will finally might be the final nail in the coffin. 

    Why fit in when you were born to stand out? -Dr. Seuss
  • RomRom Posts: 27
    GTO said:
    Rom said:
    On Catskills server, there was a specific, mountless, wraith form, scripter who was on all day by my account. He was on at 8am this morning. I consistently saw him recalling to three different sides of the same screen in Yew steadily throughout the day. He was still going at 11:30 pm when I logged out. I reported him to a GM as did other people I interacted with. Happy to provide more information on this specific individual.

    To the devs, not policing this event and not taking action after so many complaints is essentially green lighting abuse. This will impact the economy within the game. This does impact active players from effectively participating in the event. This will introduce many times more event items than should have been earned. These items will not be spread evenly throughout the population and will instead be up on gold selling websites, used by gold sellers for multiboxing events, etc. The difference between this mattering and not is that those who would like to reasonably participate in the event cannot effectively do so.

    I suggest the following corrective actions:
    -Increase the drop rate of Fey items in dungeon Destard in some way (increase the % chance from normal mobs, guaranteed drops from paragons, etc.) 
    -Stop EJ accounts from being able to interact with Curious Eggs.

    The first will make it efficient for people to play the event. The second prevents afk to win abuse.
    You are a Legendary Assumer. You throw out every "bad actor" scenario in the hope that someone with the ability to make change reads it and says "oh no we must stop all these gold selling websites." Either way as long as the person is attended whats your problem? Is it because you cant gather as efficiently as they do? Or is it because you dont have the assumed script they do? And how do you know how many reward items are allowed to be collected during an event? I would be willing to go out on a limb and say you were most likely someone that was taking advantage of the absurd drop rate the first few days. If so, was that not exploiting a bug? My distain for the Cats shard may be leaking into my objectiveness. 
    "I would be willing to go out on a limb and say you were most likely someone that was taking advantage..." You sir are the Legendary assumer in this scenario. I returned to the game around the time the event began after an 11 year hiatus and did not know about the event until after several weeks into it. So you could not be more wrong in this regard. Will you address the substance of my query now?

    What I am is the canary in the coal mine. I am the most receptive audience to increasing UO's population and it is not making a good impression at all. To return to rampant exploiting, an event that is mostly unplayable as intended and zero feedback or accountability does not speak well to the current state of affairs. I have little interest in playing against bots that run for 14 hours a day and then try to sell me rewards for real life money.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,321
    Giggles said:
    I normally don't post on stuff like this because well.. I feel its pointless. But I'm bored so why not!

    The problem goes wayyyyy beyond scripting some eggs honestly. The mismanagement of this game over the past several years is honestly the real problem. Once you open the doors to modifiable clients, and allow these clients to connect to the server, its a wrap at that point. If UO was restricted to the good old classic client, and all other clients, even the EC were removed, we wouldn't have half of the problems we do now.

    It fairly frustrating in the PvP world to fight people who are running the new fad client, that has built in scripts for every pvp related action imaginable. I always had a lot of pride in the fact that I was a "legit" pvper. But it didn't and still doesn't matter. In the pvp world I am just old school, or outdated, or too stupid to modify my EC client to compete. Modded clients and scripts is the new norm, and it has gone on far too long for the devs to do a damn thing about it without banning half the games already dwindling population. 

    And all that TLDR leads to the current problem... The new clients make learning the code and developing scripts super simple, and within days someone wrote a script that people are using to collect eggs... a script that would not work in the good ol classic UO or EC.  

    So that leads me to ask.. why care? why post novels about scripting and boo hoo all day about it when scripting exists in all aspects of this game, and has gone on far too long to extinguish? Just do what everyone else is doing, learn the "new" clients and play UO plug and push play. But oh.. you wanna be legit.... like me. lol have fun with that, and get use to being completely ignored. They will just continue to try and make events "lol non scriptable" Which makes it 20 times more difficult for the "legit" players. Which will lead to the dwindling of the "legit" players who will either quit or jump on the bandwagon. Its a circle, a cycle that will finally might be the final nail in the coffin. 
     <3 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,186
    edited June 1
    We've got some good post in this thread we also have fan kids saying scripters what scripers combine that with accusatory comments and the thread crumbles into another locked thread let's stay focused and ask for acknowledgement and accountability..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • GigglesGiggles Posts: 61
    edited June 1
    Rom said: 
    "I would be willing to go out on a limb and say you were most likely someone that was taking advantage..." You sir are the Legendary assumer in this scenario. I returned to the game around the time the event began after an 11 year hiatus and did not know about the event until after several weeks into it. So you could not be more wrong in this regard. Will you address the substance of my query now?

    What I am is the canary in the coal mine. I am the most receptive audience to increasing UO's population and it is not making a good impression at all. To return to rampant exploiting, an event that is mostly unplayable as intended and zero feedback or accountability does not speak well to the current state of affairs. I have little interest in playing against bots that run for 14 hours a day and then try to sell me rewards for real life money.
    And to add to my post above yours... If you think the people scripting this event are gold selling websites, you are mistaken. 96% of them are just normal players who are unwilling to devote a week of gameplay and lots of death to get that quiver they really want.

    When you make events like this... events that rely on a large amount of people working together to achieve "victory", every shard other than Atlantic simply cannot handle it. Not enough people online and working it at the same time, which leads to Archer Joe running around tagging the normal monsters with a large train of paragons running behind him, for like a hour or two until there's just too many paragons, and he got maybe 6 drops from all that effort. You can get 6 drops in about 20 minutes or less turning in eggs. You do the math. So yeah... its not gold sellers, its normal people who found a way to participate in the event which is a more reasonable time commitment for the same reward.

    But posts like yours just makes the devs freak out and obsess over all the evil doing scripters ruining their content, instead of maybe admitting that their content is a tad too difficult for the large majority of their servers, and the rewards is not as plentiful as it should be for the effort required. But what am I saying? Crazy talk right?
     

    Why fit in when you were born to stand out? -Dr. Seuss
Sign In or Register to comment.