And yet STILL EJ scripters not being challenged

13»

Comments

• SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited June 2022
    There was a script for the EC posted here and now I can not find it.
    The EC scripts are not fully automatic scripts.

The classic that has a wiki and some very fully automated stuff to perform multiple steps, geo positioning, mining, scan for corpses and items over an area, etc. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Maybe this?
    which is an edit for a .lua file, something that is permitted in the EC documentation. It is NOT a seperate entity to the EC client.

Mariah said:
    Maybe this?
    which is an edit for a .lua file, something that is permitted in the EC documentation. It is NOT a seperate entity to the EC client.

This is just automate 1 step, we are talking about say programming to recall to 20 spots, mining, walking, smelting etc as if playing a game. Programming to recall to 20 spots, scan, run, pick up, and not go beyond guard zone, check if attacked, heal, etc. 
    Try it out, as they say only afk is illegal, isn't it...
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    Seth said:
    Mariah said:
    Maybe this?

This is just automate 1 step, we are talking about say programming to recall to 20 spots, mining, walking, smelting etc as if playing a game. Programming to recall to 20 spots, scan, run, pick up, and not go beyond guard zone, check if attacked, heal, etc. 
    Sorry, my post was meant to be in answer to @Lord_Frodo
    I have not seen an EC .lua edit that is capable of that on this board. As far as I know, that's not possible, but I'm no coding expert.
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    Seth said:
    Mariah said:
    Maybe this?

I don't believe such thing exists for EC
    edited June 2022
    Yup. Some long posts by others included EC. But those scripters refer to CC users, not EC.

We learn now that EC is more than just about new or so-called "ugly" graphics. Dev tried hard and it was the 3rd attempt after 3rd Dawn and KR. 

It is at least more than 10 years newer than the CC and does not have any 3rd party scripts that is as powerful as those for CC.

Pinco's only a heavy UI mod.
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    Seth said:
    Yup. Some long posts by others included EC. But those scripters refer to CC users, not EC.

We learn now that EC is more than just about new or so-called "ugly" graphics. Dev tried hard and it was the 3rd attempt after 3rd Dawn and KR. 

It is at least more than 10 years newer than the CC and does not have any 3rd party scripts that is as powerful as those for CC.

Pinco's only a heavy UI mod.

Correct
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    edited June 2022
    Not to turn this into a client war BUT I used CC only (with UOA) and I feel at a severe disadvantage compared to someone using EC (with or without Pincos) given all the complex macros you can make. Perfect example is automatic easter egg pickup (auto loot things like arrows which I'd love right about now) or the automatic attacking of hostile (that can be looped 1000x) which was used by many in the pile (I had to keep pressing my macro which was a 3 part macro which took longer to trigger than an EC macro) or even the ability to create a hot button to heal nearest friendly. Using regular CC +UOA doesn't even come close to getting that. 

I cannot speak to other 3rd party programs for CC as I do not use them and my thought was that they shouldn't be used either. If we are comparing "approved" clients and the ability of macros then I think EC is by far superior.
    keven2002 said:
    Not to turn this into a client war BUT I used CC only (with UOA) and I feel at a severe disadvantage compared to someone using EC (with or without Pincos) given all the complex macros you can make. Perfect example is automatic easter egg pickup (auto loot things like arrows which I'd love right about now) or the automatic attacking of hostile (that can be looped 1000x) which was used by many in the pile (I had to keep pressing my macro which was a 3 part macro which took longer to trigger than an EC macro) or even the ability to create a hot button to heal nearest friendly. Using regular CC +UOA doesn't even come close to getting that. 

I cannot speak to other 3rd party programs for CC as I do not use them and my thought was that they shouldn't be used either. If we are comparing "approved" clients and the ability of macros then I think EC is by far superior.
    Agreed, we are not saying every CC user is a scripter. It's about what the client can do, not what the player is willing to do.