House Ownership: Deleting Character Named as Homeowner?

If one character on my account is said to be the house owner, and I delete that character, what will happen to the house? Will it still be safe? Will ownership go to the next character on the account?

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,911
    When you transfer shards the name stays the same.

You will not lose the house.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,659
    my husband had the same worry, when he deleted his home owner (in 2016)
    all characters on the same account can customize or trade it.
    which is exactly what my husband did back then.

Someone asked this question a while back. I can't remember how they changed the owner's name.
  • I just wanna know if deleting the character named as the owner will decay the house

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,200
    I just wanna know if deleting the character named as the owner will decay the house

No. 
    If one character on my account is said to be the house owner, and I delete that character, what will happen to the house? Will it still be safe? Will ownership go to the next character on the account?
    Saying you will not lose the house did not answer that?
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,186
    I just wanna know if deleting the character named as the owner will decay the house

NO
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,930Moderator
    The house belongs to the account, not the character. It will not fall.
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    But let's say, you want it to be in the name of another character. Say you had a character with the name of your now estranged wife, and you delete the character because you don't want to see that name ever again.. .but the house is still under that name. How would one go about , or is it even feasible to change the owner's name, while still being you?
    edited May 2022
    Archangel said:
    But let's say, you want it to be in the name of another character. Say you had a character with the name of your now estranged wife, and you delete the character because you don't want to see that name ever again.. .but the house is still under that name. How would one go about , or is it even feasible to change the owner's name, while still being you?
    To change owner name that  i did a name change on. I traded mine to a temp account then back to the one I wanted to be the owner.

That does not change the age of the house.
    good thinking
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Pawain said:
    Archangel said:
    To change owner name that  i did a name change on. I traded mine to a temp account then back to the one I wanted to be the owner.

Just to confirm, if we have 2 accounts both with houses. We can swap existing houses between 2 accounts without causing either house to decay right?
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Seth said:
    Pawain said:
    Archangel said:

Just to confirm, if we have 2 accounts both with houses. We can swap existing houses between 2 accounts without causing either house to decay right?
    The only problem that might arise is all the darn permissions... chests, teleporters, doors, working stations, tubs et all... would they remain as they are or would one have to re do them all
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Archangel said:
    Seth said:
    Pawain said:
    Archangel said:

The only problem that might arise is all the darn permissions... chests, teleporters, doors, working stations, tubs et all... would they remain as they are or would one have to re do them all
    If I recall correctly, the co-owners and friends are cleared. If 2 account swap houses, they should not decay but I just want to be sure.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Yeah, seems more trouble than it's worth.. re-friend everyone, .. how does one re-ban!? Re co-owner, then the permissions.. boah, If I were in that spot I'd leave the house owner's name as it is

Seth said:
    Pawain said:
    Archangel said:

No I opened an account for 1 month and traded to that account and back.

Yes I had to redo the container security.

I thought someone came up with an easier way to change the owner name in a previous thread.  I can't remember.
  • MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Resizing the house will put a new name on the house sign.

I have heard that using a name change token on the house owner will update the name as well.
    Yup. That gives some ways to change the name. Thanks
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,186
    Merus said:

I have heard that using a name change token on the house owner will update the name as well.
    Resizing requires you to empty the house and changes the built on date.
    Are you sure about the date change? Been too long since I had something less than 18x18.
    Merus said:

As stated in the information on resizing - it counts as a demolish, and thus the replacement house is a new build. https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/houses-placing-a-house/house-ownership-3-resizing/

• MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Mariah said:
    Merus said:

As stated in the information on resizing - it counts as a demolish, and thus the replacement house is a new build. https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/gameplay/houses-placing-a-house/house-ownership-3-resizing/

And?  

Did I suggest it wasn’t?  Are you suggesting it wouldn’t change the name on the sign?  

Resizing is a secure, though very inconvenient, way for a player with a single account to get a new name on the house sign without risk of losing the housing spot. Does it come with some down side, absolutely, but it does work.

Just confirming that the date on the house would change. Not ideal if the house happened to be in the historical society, or the build date meant something to the owner.
    Maybe I should have replied to @Lord_Frodo or @Pawain?
    edited May 2022
    Ya that sux since the date changes. I guess it is in the game mechanics.