Destard Event Mobs spawn rate extreme dropped

13»

Comments

• MerusMerus Posts: 656
    Archangel said:
    I still have a lot of potions that I'd like to use, but not unless the drop rate is decent, otherwise they'll just be in a chest until the next Treasures of- event
    Yup!
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Merus said:
    Archangel said:
    I still have a lot of potions that I'd like to use, but not unless the drop rate is decent, otherwise they'll just be in a chest until the next Treasures of- event
    Yup!
    Yes @McDougle this is another reason for dev to communicate so we don’t waste potions bought with rl money.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Seth said:
    Merus said:
    Archangel said:
    Yup!
    Yes @ McDougle this is another reason for dev to communicate so we don’t waste potions bought with rl money.
    +1
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    We're going to be running into a very interesting situation this runs until July normally a month break between which puts us August/Sept when I assume NL will be released to coincide with the 25th anniversary there has been talk of production shards not getting stuff once NL is released....
  • So, just ran around on Atlantic Destard with my Macer/Paladin and Death Ray Tamer/Mage, and noticed a few things. The reason why the spawn may appear almost non-existent on some levels, is because it's amassed on another level. All three levels (certainly Lvl 2 and 3) appear to share a spawn pool, so if too much spawn is on Lvl 3 for example, very little spawns on the other floors. You see this a lot when people just leave a horde of Paragons sitting at the entryways, and so most people refuse to go into those levels to clear them out.

I had to clear out the horde of Paragons and other spawn sitting on Lvl 2 and 3 of Destard to open them up, and only then did other people show up to start fighting the spawn as well. I kept the levels clear of Paragons as well. The spawn was fine then.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,943Moderator
    McDougle said:
    We're going to be running into a very interesting situation this runs until July normally a month break between which puts us August/Sept when I assume NL will be released to coincide with the 25th anniversary there has been talk of production shards not getting stuff once NL is released....

I would like to point out that the 'talk' you refer to does not come from the developers. Speculation by players is often inaccurate.
  • FoosFoos Posts: 81
    So, just ran around on Atlantic Destard with my Macer/Paladin and Death Ray Tamer/Mage, and noticed a few things. The reason why the spawn may appear almost non-existent on some levels, is because it's amassed on another level. All three levels (certainly Lvl 2 and 3) appear to share a spawn pool, so if too much spawn is on Lvl 3 for example, very little spawns on the other floors. You see this a lot when people just leave a horde of Paragons sitting at the entryways, and so most people refuse to go into those levels to clear them out.

I had to clear out the horde of Paragons and other spawn sitting on Lvl 2 and 3 of Destard to open them up, and only then did other people show up to start fighting the spawn as well. I kept the levels clear of Paragons as well. The spawn was fine then.

Someone finally figured it out.  It's a champion spawn.  When you do a champion spawn and you clear an area you have to go to another area to find spawn.  They did this to curb the unattended scripting.  It took me about 5 minutes to figure it out.
  • KazKaz Posts: 123
    Yes.  You have to keep moving, and clear all the areas as the spawn will stack up in other places

the difference between destard and hythloth however is that Hythloth floors were each treated as distinct areas; you killed something on lvl 2, it respawned on lvl 2.  
    Destard is forcing us to go up and down the entire levels and through the whole dungeon.  Creating even more running around than we saw during wildfire, and thus really reducing the drop/hour rate.   
    edited May 2022
    Then we are back to the usual dynamic spawn, to mark runes for several spots to cut down running time as always.

That is fine, but i still feel the paragons for low pop need to tweak down. 
    Mariah said:
    McDougle said:

I would like to point out that the 'talk' you refer to does not come from the developers. Speculation by players is often inaccurate.
    Your comment perfectly supports my argument for developers communication.....
  • MerlinMerlin Posts: 199

Battle report:

I had a much better experience late yesterday evening than I did the day before.

I was fighting around the main level, used a potion and got 30+ drops.  There was decent amount of people in there at the same time, so it made it alot more reasonable to find others who would help fight the paragons.   There seemed to be plenty of spawn at all levels, so there was no problem finding something to fight and no lag issues. 

In particular, I noted that there were no greater dragon paragons.  This was significantly helpful, as dealing with the paragon Weald Protectors and Crimson Drakes is enough of a challenge.  I don't know if that was intended or not because I saw someone post in a Discord channel this morning that they're back.   I think the event is getting much closer to the right mix. 

I was running a sampire with Swords, Tactics, Necro, Chiv, Parry, Resist, Bush. 

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,080
    edited May 2022
    This is specifically for ATL shard (not sure about other shards). I feel like yesterday was perfect as far as the event goes. 

Today I played from 6am-730am (I played 6am-830am yday) and had very different experiences. 

First thing is that it seems like there wasn't any Shadow Wyrms spawning on level 1 yesterday and it was great. It also seemed like there was noticeably more Fey spawn (and drake/wyvern) yesterday throughout the day than today. 

The result was that yesterday I was able to run a screen or less to find a couple of things to kill (sometimes there would be like 5-6 things grouped in a corner) in the morning and as it became more populated with people I might need to run 2 screens but still would find pockets of spawn. It felt like yesterday the paragon rate was turned down as well (or maybe just more people were killing them yesterday?). I still died a handful of times but overall it was worth taking the deaths for the number of drops I was getting. Overall I didn't feel completely overpowered and was able to make progress on clearing some spawn. I think I got about 50ish drops in about 2 hours (this includes some deaths and repairs etc without a potion).

This morning I was expecting to replicate yesterday (and was ready to use a potion to bump my drops). That wasn't the case. First thing I noticed as I'm running down to the east from entrance was 2 shadow wyrm paragons and a greater dragon paragon that I assume were lured down there. I run past them (north) and head to the back. The spawn appears to me to be noticeably less. I'm running 2-3 screens (or more) to kill a couple things. There is a shadow wyrm paragon in one of the corners that I leave there. I run up to the shrine that I try to keep clear for people to rez and find a good bit of spawn that I clear. Once I clear the shrine I run all around the back and the spawn is very thin (I don't feel like it was the same as yesterday). I see another (regular) shadow wyrm so kill it and a paragon spawns. I try to kill it by running around to leach life off other things but there isn't enough around and end up dying. I try to fight it for another 10min or so (died 3 times) and ultimately gave up because nobody would help heal me or kill the wyrm. I go to level 3 and it's dead. The usual 1 or 2 fey and 3 wyvern and 1 ancient wyrm. I go up to level 2 and there is a shadow wyrm / weald protector / lattice paragon near the entrance so I head back to level 1. I run around trying to find some stuff to kill (others are still on level 1 killing stuff) and didn't have much luck of finding all the spawn I felt like was around yesterday. What I did see before I called it quits was a total of 4 shadow wyrm paragons and 1 greater dragon paragon 2 lattice paragon. 

It's entirely possible there was a large cluster of non-paragons somewhere that I missed but today felt like there was less spawn to kill. It almost felt like in place of the shadow wyrms yesterday they gave us more spawn (to increase difficulty perhaps?) and today they gave us less spawn by added shadow wyrms? All speculation at this point but if that's the case I'd prefer yesterday over today. I ended my 90min session with a lot more death robes and 20ish drops (no potion).
    Merlin said:

Battle report:

I had a much better experience late yesterday evening than I did the day before.

I was fighting around the main level, used a potion and got 30+ drops.  There was decent amount of people in there at the same time, so it made it alot more reasonable to find others who would help fight the paragons.   There seemed to be plenty of spawn at all levels, so there was no problem finding something to fight and no lag issues. 

In particular, I noted that there were no greater dragon paragons.  This was significantly helpful, as dealing with the paragon Weald Protectors and Crimson Drakes is enough of a challenge.  I don't know if that was intended or not because I saw someone post in a Discord channel this morning that they're back.   I think the event is getting much closer to the right mix. 

They don't need the paragon GD, just the regular paragon dragon is already very tough. 
    Seth said:
    Merlin said:

Battle report:

They don't need the paragon GD, just the regular paragon dragon is already very tough. 
    You all sent your paragon great dragons to Origin didn't ya
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    McDougle said:
    Seth said:
    Merlin said:

Battle report:

You all sent your paragon great dragons to Origin didn't ya
    Lol, I was thinking the same.. where TF did all those Para GDs come from, its mega enjoyable... NOT!
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited May 2022
    For the Paragons, get a Tamer running Consume Damage on his pet to tank them. The Paragons basically can't kill a 80/80/65/60/80 Resists pet that's under 120/120 Consume Damage. Once the Paragon is on the pet, rip into the Paragon with a dexxer. Dead Paragon.

This works particularly well with a 120 Disco pet that discords the Paragon, and a Macer. The pet tanks the Paragon and lands Discord on it, making it easier to land hits on, and the Macer applies Stagger to slow down the Paragon's attack speed (making the Paragon deal even less damage to the pet) while spamming AI. I also use 50% Hit Fatigue on my Macer's Hammer Pick to tear into their Stamina. Between Stagger and Hit Fatigue, Paragons swing so incredibly slow.

Against most of the big Paragons in this event (SWs, AWs, GDs), AI outperforms Double Strike (even with Onslaught). Their resists are high enough that AI deals more total damage than DS (except when under Cold damage Onslaught), but they also have high Wrest/Parry, which makes landing two consecutive hits in a row (Double Strike) a lot less likely, which makes AI outperform DS even under Onslaught.