Despise Island lag

Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 621
Rather than re-tell what a number of posts have stated I would post a link to a stratics thread about the issue. There's even a video included showing the issue.
https://stratics.com/threads/despise-island-lag.390412/

In a nutshell: when running despise spawns players experience enormous lag on the island where the altar is. This is an ongoing problem and affects both clients.

Comments

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Old video but it's still the same today:

https://sendvid.com/kxd5iuta

I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

• The_Higgs_1The_Higgs_1 Posts: 420
    This should be the highest priority fix!!!!!!
    Just the other night I was involved in another despise island fight and lag was so bad, that dial up connection would have been better.  If someone threw a flamestrike, the animation literally took 25 secs to complete.  Its so ridiculous.  Fix this @kyronix, @bleak
    I did some checking last night on island of despise.  Using UOcart map, I walked to different spots on the island and checked where in other facets it shows I am.  I got weird conclusions as I walk just a couple of tiles one way or another it shows stygian abyss area then shows knavery area in ter mur facet.  Same thing in tokuno facet where a few tiles shows you in the desert above makoto and then near travesty entrance if you move just a few tiles.  These places aren't even near each other in other facet maps.  I was wondering if it could possibly be loading more then one facet on the island which could cause the massive lag.  I saw a problem like this before where it was loading trammel and felucca castles causing people to crash if you walked up to it.   Maybe this information will be helpful.  Thanks and please fix whatever it is causing this issue/  @Kyronix
  • KyronixKyronix Posts: 1,122Dev
    This issue is under investigation for Pub 100.  
    Kyronix said:
    This issue is under investigation for Pub 100.  

Thanks for replying. :)
  • Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 621
    awesome! I hope you can fix this!
  • Max_BlackoakMax_Blackoak Posts: 621
    while publish 100 brought some changes to the despise rat spawn, those changes made the spawn advance slower but didn't get rid of the island lag issue (see the respective thread on the test center forum).
    I was told that Bleak is still working on a solution, however since the (unnecessary) changes made it to live shards with publish 100...

@Kyronix could you please revert the spawn to what it was before and then take a look at the actual issue, being the island lag? The changes really didn't help with the actual problem and simply made the spawn more tedious and time consuming.

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Island lag still remains:
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002