"Blessed for" vs "Blessed"

Is there any difference in how these items function?

Can anyone wear an item blessed for someone else and still benefit from the Blessed status?

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,076
    They work on any toon.  Maybe the blessed for is just to get a name on the item.

You would have to find the description for the item property to see  if they were meant to work only on the specific toon.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,981Moderator
    I have not tested this, however I believe 'blessed' works for any character, but 'blessed for' may only work for characters on the same account?  I am uncertain whether my understanding is correct. Perhaps @pawain has more in depth information?
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,684
    blessed for 
    only works for that character (if on a talisman)
    only that character can equip it

if someone used their personal bless deed on an item
    you can wear it, but I have lost an item because it remained on my corpse
    and I couldn't get back to it in time. (And didn't notice it was gone til later)
    Sorry. 

I was thinking of the properties not the actual blessed part.

I never wore my other accounts stuff long enough to die.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,305
    edited May 2022
    I buy blessed stuff all the time and use it with no problem at all.  It stays with me when I die.  Some equipment used to have another players name on it and I could not wear that but I think the game may have changed that rule and don’t remember anymore if that was blessed.  Definitely do not buy any account bound items.  You can’t use those so they often sell for what looks like a really unbelievable deal.  That’s because they won’t work for you.  But if it says blessed and there are no conditions stated you should be able to use it.  Also, not sure about owned by if it has an owners name.  If it does not have a name it is safe to buy.  Also, you can bless some items with a bless deed believe that is safe to buy items blessed by others if it just says blessed with no conditions.  Bless deed by the way often costs way more than you will ever pay for insurance on that item unless the item lasts forever.  I have never lost a blessed item I have purchased but could not verify that I have bought anything blessed by another player.  I rely on the games description of the item being sold to show me any use restrictions on the item being sold. The game is usually pretty good about that.

Sorry, reread your question.  If it says “ blessed for” that is probably what it means.  Just that one player.  

Blessed for can be worn by anyone. But the blessed part may not work. So test that before you go somewhere you can not retrieve your body.