request for Minor Alteration to health bars on CC (and maybe EC)

In Classic Client, if you target someone using the "new target system" their healthbar will appear, and very helpfully, this healthbar will grey out when the target is out of range of attack.

It would be very very helpful if the manual healthbars that you pull also greyed out at this same range, as currently, it doesn't grey out until the target is maybe 2 screens away.

Why am I asking for the two healthbars to perform the same way?

This would act as a range check for all targets. Surely it should be easy to reduce the range of the grey out to match that of the new target system.

@bleak May i submit this as a bug report? or is there a particular reason the two healthbars behave in different ways?
I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

Breaking in the young since 2002

Comments

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,797

Is there a way to turn those health bars off or change what triggers them?  During hot battles I end up creating one when I try to target a monster and I have to move the cursor to a safe place before I drop the health bar otherwise the health bar sits in the middle of the battle.

• MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    Yes, in classic client in options, there is the option to “disable new targeting system” 

not sure about EC, 
    I tell you the truth, tis better to do 10 damage on the right target than 100 damage on the wrong target.

• Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453
    One of the things I absolutely love about the EC, the healtbars will pop up automatically, and you can set which ones won't. It could still use a little tweaking because you can't set it to "invulnerables only" because they won't show up. I use it sometimes when I'm working Honesty items. It's nice to be able to run into town and see only the healthbars of potential item owners.
    You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • MervynMervyn Posts: 2,208
    I think you can in Pinco’s UI.