Undertaker Staff or USELESS Staff???

IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
edited March 2018 in General Discussions
K, here are the the facts.
1) I got licked trying soloing Painted Caves on Tram ATL.
2) 5 mins ***max*** from death to nearer wandering healer, res & using the Staff near Trinsic MG to have my poor bones back.
Result?
3) as by UT Staff response: NO BODY FOUND!!!
And I'm SURE I had some stuff on it that I forgot to bless/insure, so corpse NOT empty, as per https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/undertakers-staff
So, considering that, FWIK, PCaves and T-MG sould be on the same "sub server" (it isn't???), WHERE is my corpse???
Hmm...OK, this last sentence came out a little weird, I know, but the problem remains, and the question is: my cold, dead body got looted clean by darn Troglodites  ****IN 5 MINS***  (and in that case cheater/scripter should have something to learn from those guys, LOL!!!), PCaves on different "subserver" than T_MG, or I'm under Mind Rot influnce???
Cheers
Ivenor

Comments

• MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    edited February 2018
    I think you have to be on the same subserver with your corpse when you try to use the staff.  Maybe you need to stand just inside the door of the cave, since it may exist on a separate subserver than the area by the moongate?  (Yeah, I know that might not be very feasible with that particular cave.)
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited March 2018
    @Margrette.
    TFYR! :-)
    Yup, but what is EXACTLY a sub-server? FWIK, Britannia is divided in these sub-servers: http://www.uoguide.com/Server_line , so PCaves and T_MG should be on the same one.
    I smell something fishy here, and it is not only the dead Kraken that has washed at the beach near my House... :-)

• MargretteMargrette Posts: 549
    I'm guessing that Painted Cave exists in the upper right corner of that map, Ivenor, with a bunch of other dungeons, but that's just a guess.
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited March 2018
    Me thinks you are right on spot Margrette, thanks a lot! :)
    So, IMO, this makes the UStaff... "differently useless" ! :)
    For 500 Sovreigns at the Origin Shop (i.e. around 20 milions in UO gold, at today... "aftermarket" change rates... :) ) u have an iten that ONLY recall the corpse/s of a char dead in a Dungeon... if you are able to make it come back alive in another area of the same dungeon! LOL!!!
    Maybe useful in DG with "airy" levels and some quiet zone where recover your bones out of sight from monsters, but useless in something small as the PCaves an such.
    Oh, well: one die and learn, it isn't? B)
    Cheers
    Ivenor