Things the floating emporium needs

1. Stable
2. Inn
3. Trade minister
4. Governor 
5. Christmas tree 
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

• MargeMarge Posts: 720
    Oh Dear God NO - Not a Christmas Tree! 9 trees are enough - you just made my poor crafter cry!

The Dock is just a tiny layover between ports - I don't think it was intended as a town hence the reason it doesn't have these things. I would think they would give poor Cove a governor before the Sea market.
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,779
    A sparkle to take players to and from the mainland so we do not need to have dock sitters.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    TimSt said:
    A sparkle to take players to and from the mainland so we do not need to have dock sitters.
    See I'm opposed to a gate here everyone needs to sail!
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    How about a blessed item after so many captured pirates
    Norry said:
    How about a blessed item after so many captured pirates
    Ship add ons !! Sails figureheads the list of possibilities is endless 
    McDougle said:
    TimSt said:
    I have dock sitters at both emporiums. If I need to go to either one I log in to my dock sitter and they deploy the ship which my main character recalls to.  If another player asks for help getting to an emporium I open a gate for them.  The dock sitter then dry docks their ship and logs off.  Extra steps that a permanent gate would resolve.

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,081
    TimSt said:
    McDougle said:
    TimSt said:
    I have dock sitters at both emporiums. If I need to go to either one I log in to my dock sitter and they deploy the ship which my main character recalls to.  If another player asks for help getting to an emporium I open a gate for them.  The dock sitter then dry docks their ship and logs off.  Extra steps that a permanent gate would resolve.

I'll start by saying that I don't really have a horse in this race.

But I'd probably limit the amount of noise you make about a permanent gate by giving your work arounds since your "trick" might be seen as bending the rules and playing the game as it was not designed. 

Perfect example of this is allowing pets in UW. This went on for how many years? Then people started making the "trick" well publicized and the Devs found out and stopped it from happening. I know you might say "yea but pets weren't ever meant to go down there anyway" and you are correct but I'd argue that the same could be said about the emporium; it was never designed to be a place where people port people in (hence no "safe" log out point). 

By continuing to beat the drum on it by saying what you did in your last post, the only thing you would likely do is just make the Devs implement something that would prevent people from logging there (ie like when you log out in blackthorns castle upstairs). Might want to be careful.
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    TimSt said:
    McDougle said:
    TimSt said:

Mommy, mommy! Can you put a ladder in the pantry?, because each time we come to steal cookies we need to move the chairs here!

Not the sharpest knife in the drawer  
     :D 
    Looks like you do not spend much time at the emporium @keven2002
    The tavern in the north west corner is a safe log out spot.
    If you do not dry dock your ship like I do the devs coded it so your ship is relocated just outside of the buoys instead of long distance away like what happens with other docks. 
    TimSt said:
    Looks like you do not spend much time at the emporium @ keven2002. 
    If you do not dry dock your ship like I do the devs coded it so your ship is relocated just outside of the buoys instead of long distance away like what happens with other docks. 
    The tavern needs an inn keeper!
    edited April 2022
    TimSt said:
    I don't go there much at all and was going from @McDougle list (number 2). 

Regardless of that clarification, I think everyone here knows that the intent wasn't to make it easy to port to, otherwise you could just mark a rune there. Saying that there should be a gate or whatever going there simply because you found a loophole will likely just have that loophole fix via a hotfix :) 

As I said, I don't really care either way but I'd be annoyed if I was using that loophole and someone was using that as a reason we should get a gate; only to have that loophole fixed.
    McDougle said:
    TimSt said:
    The tavern needs an inn keeper!
    Considering you instantly log out, can access the store and vendor search, and use a shard transfer token there pretty much says it is a safe log out location.
    keven2002 said:
    TimSt said:
    I don't go there much at all and was going from @ McDougle list (number 2). 

Regardless of that clarification, I think everyone here knows that the intent wasn't to make it easy to port to, otherwise you could just mark a rune there. Saying that there should be a gate or whatever going there simply because you found a loophole will likely just have that loophole fix via a hotfix :) 

As I said, I don't really care either way but I'd be annoyed if I was using that loophole and someone was using that as a reason we should get a gate; only to have that loophole fixed.
    The intent was not to make it un-easy to port to, that is just a consequence of the intent, which was to make you use the sips and to make you sail. Actually the whole existence and location of the emporium were to make ppl sail, using the then-new ships, and to promote fishing.
    That it was not a place you could reach instantly was not the main intent, but a logical condition to make sure people sailed. 
    Then agein, they didn't want to make it hard every time, that's why the ability to teleport  to your ship was continued in the big ships, and the buoys parking-lot evidences to the fact.

Not everything must be expressly permitted for it to be allowed, it's actually the other way around. If it is not expressly forbidden, its allowed.
  • TXEggplantTXEggplant Posts: 160
    edited April 2022
    Archangel said:
    The intent was not to make it un-easy to port to, that is just a consequence of the intent, which was to make you use the sips and to make you sail. 
    I know it was a typo but I'm totally going to propose we do a Sip and Sail event of some sort! *raises a bottle of grog* Bottoms up mateys!!!
    Maith Ceol, Chesapeake
    Governor of Moonglow

Discord: txeggplant
    maithceol@gmail.com
    Regatta around the world... at each major port a token must be picked up. Goal being first one back to Britain with all the tokens, chose your preferred route to tackle all ports and show yours was the best.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited April 2022
    The sea is for adventures. It would be nice to have a moongate for faster access to shopping at the emporium. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Seth said:
    The sea is for adventures. It would be nice to have a moongate for faster access to shopping at the emporium. 
    Srry, shopping at the emporium is reserved for adventurers   <span>:wink:</span>
    edited April 2022
    Archangel said:
    Seth said:
    Srry, shopping at the emporium is reserved for adventurers   <span>:wink:</span>
    noo... Emporium is a shopping paradise, smart merchants would offer free air tickets for customers to fly over and shop. They need tourists to spend all their gold
    Well the berths could be "rented" to houseboats ala maginca that could hold vendors..
    Seth said:
    Archangel said:
    Seth said:
    noo... Emporium is a shopping paradise, smart merchants would offer free air tickets for customers to fly over and shop. They need tourists to spend all their gold

Hmmm, but then, still no moongate... a hot air balloon should be the ticket!
    Archangel said:
    Seth said:
    Archangel said:
    Seth said:

I will trade da moongate with a blessed trap box. Its time to stop meddling with crates in the east west orientation!!
    Seth said:
    Archangel said:
    Seth said:
    Archangel said:
    Seth said:

I will trade da moongate with a blessed trap box. Its time to stop meddling with crates in the east west orientation!!
     :D 
  • BenBen Posts: 208
    Pole dancers.
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    A nearby gate to sail to and from Tokuno's waters. And by nearby, I mean any space in Britainnia's waters that would work well.

• CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    Seth said:
    that makes me want a life preserver
    click it for destinations for the docks

I think something like this would be awesome
    with the traditional red color
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,662
    McDougle said:
    1. Stable
    2. Inn
    3. Trade minister
    4. Governor 
    5. Christmas tree 
    It doesn't need an inn
    because the tavern works the same way.

And about the governor.
    I think Zento should have a governor
    Seth said:
    that makes me want a life preserver
    click it for destinations for the docks

I think something like this would be awesome
    with the traditional red color
    This is a good idea.