how and why are these over capped?

McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,029
edited March 24 in General Discussions
the new bird things from champ spawn seem broken ?
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,191
    edited March 24
    So we have a small challenge.  The raging bears kill me cause they are so fast.  Fey slayer is your friend.

    Repond on boss.

    Other mobs are like that.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,029
    I don't mind them having 120 or more anything but if its cap is 104 .1 in parry that should be it's cap...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,191
    Steroids. 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,029
    Pawain said:
    Steroids. 
    I don't care how strong they are but they should have to be governed by the same rules as us..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,191
    They also steal from you so use the new totem.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,029
    I like them stealing  ;)
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,029
    At first I thought a buff from when it said it flaps it's wings but they are all like that 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,319
    Pawain said:
    They also steal from you so use the new totem.
    What totem are you referring to? Sorry I do not have time to play until this weekend.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,191
    Seth said:
    Pawain said:
    They also steal from you so use the new totem.
    What totem are you referring to? Sorry I do not have time to play until this weekend.
    The new totem Popps had introduced. Click it and you wont get looted for 2 hours.  A vet reward that can be set to public so only 1 person on the shard needs it.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 379
    Use a "bear slayer" book (*) on the various bears at the spawn.
    use a "Bird Slayer" book (*) on the saliva.

    (*) from the old town invasions, which should be periodically reactivated for weekend fun.

  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,029
    Use a "bear slayer" book (*) on the various bears at the spawn.
    use a "Bird Slayer" book (*) on the saliva.

    (*) from the old town invasions, which should be periodically reactivated for weekend fun.

    It's not that they are impossible to kill but why they are so over capped is puzzling we already facing monsters that ignore protection rules casting at 10/12 speed while getting hit every 2.5 seconds and somehow when redlined can still mana dump 3 80 point attacks while invising and healing...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 407
    They are way overcapped as not to be fun
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 379
    Try staying on the outskirts of the spawn area, to avoid getting swarmed and trapped.

    That also helps to avoid sampires that aggress the whole screen dragging a dozen+ of those behind them.  The swarm of saliva usually gets "abandoned"...

  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,191
    edited March 25
    Yes the speed of the raging bears is the killer.

    Pets kill the level 3 birds.  I dont even cast on them.  I drag them to my bard and he provokes them on each other.  Some are making energy fields to block sections.

    On our last spawn of the night there was about 8 of us and we got our butts kicked by the bears and Cus.  We just happened to all be in the same area at the same time with everything we were dragging.  But we all had fun!

    But as said above, move to the outer parts when the spawn changes and slowly work back.

    The fey spawn at shrine battles is one of the worst to get when there are NOOBs.
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,117Moderator
    Use a "bear slayer" book (*) on the various bears at the spawn.
    use a "Bird Slayer" book (*) on the saliva.

    (*) from the old town invasions, which should be periodically reactivated for weekend fun.


    Are you sure bird slayer works on Saliva? Harpies are not listed as being vulnerable to that. https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/items/slayer-property-items


  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 407
    edited March 25
    Pawain said:
    Yes the speed of the raging bears is the killer.

    Pets kill the level 3 birds.  I dont even cast on them.  I drag them to my bard and he provokes them on each other.  Some are making energy fields to block sections.

    On our last spawn of the night there was about 8 of us and we got our butts kicked by the bears and Cus.  We just happened to all be in the same area at the same time with everything we were dragging.  But we all had fun!

    But as said above, move to the outer parts when the spawn changes and slowly work back.

    The fey spawn at shrine battles is one of the worst to get when there are NOOBs.
    I was there all alone w my sampi, then there was someone else.. we got our hinnies handed to us in short order by the salivas. I changed weps and the bird talisman.. yes the salivas died faster, but when 8 gang up on you, lower your energy rest, parry everything so you can't touch em and then the vollems blitrz you, it's a fast way to the gray-cloth taylor, lol. My mage did a lot better, but no way for him to solo it, and not enough ppl yesterday.

    So Pawain, how many eggs do you want for a sash?  :)
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,029
    I swapped out resisting spells for parry and they still destroyed me maybe @Kyronix can chime in on their oddly over capped stats
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,191
    @Archangel ; A nice player was giving me 20 eggs per sash.  

    I do not think I'll use my melee guy for this event, I am getting a sash every round on both guys.  They are in a party.  I have 0 Karma because I kill the treefellows.  So, I do not want my melee guy to lose Karma. I do have my Ninja Tiger on Origin.  I better do a spawn with him before they get bored on Origin.
    McDougle said:
    I swapped out resisting spells for parry and they still destroyed me maybe @ Kyronix can chime in on their oddly over capped stats
    The Salivas are more difficult than the Vollums but what difference does it make if the stats are overcapped?  They can just increase the cap and they will still be the same.

    I thought you had a bard?  Make them attack each other.  Why does he need to waste time explaining stats on mobs they made?  Who cares!  Kill them and their stats are gone.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,029
    Pawain said:
    @ Archangel  A nice player was giving me 20 eggs per sash.  

    I do not think I'll use my melee guy for this event, I am getting a sash every round on both guys.  They are in a party.  I have 0 Karma because I kill the treefellows.  So, I do not want my melee guy to lose Karma. I do have my Ninja Tiger on Origin.  I better do a spawn with him before they get bored on Origin.
    McDougle said:
    I swapped out resisting spells for parry and they still destroyed me maybe @ Kyronix can chime in on their oddly over capped stats
    The Salivas are more difficult than the Vollums but what difference does it make if the stats are overcapped?  They can just increase the cap and they will still be the same.

    I thought you had a bard?  Make them attack each other.  Why does he need to waste time explaining stats on mobs they made?  Who cares!  Kill them and their stats are gone.
    My bard got his slash np again the issue is not my or anyone's ability to kill them but rather they are playing on a different field than the rest of us 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,191
    They are not us.  They are on their own field.  The boss has 50 regen in all categories.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,029
    Pawain said:
    They are not us.  They are on their own field.  The boss has 50 regen in all categories.
    So we need better stuff to kill them so then they get tougher so we need better stuff round and round we go....no you've just returned and head out in your sorcerers suit only to collect grey robes ...how many are gonna stay..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,191

    530
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    They are not us.  They are on their own field.  The boss has 50 regen in all categories.
    So we need better stuff to kill them so then they get tougher so we need better stuff round and round we go....no you've just returned and head out in your sorcerers suit only to collect grey robes ...how many are gonna stay..

    How many will stay in a game where you start with a max suit and do not need upgrades?  Why kill stuff? 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,029
    Pawain said:

    530
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    They are not us.  They are on their own field.  The boss has 50 regen in all categories.
    So we need better stuff to kill them so then they get tougher so we need better stuff round and round we go....no you've just returned and head out in your sorcerers suit only to collect grey robes ...how many are gonna stay..

    How many will stay in a game where you start with a max suit and do not need upgrades?  Why kill stuff? 
    Where did i suggest you start with max suit?
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,191
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:

    530
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    They are not us.  They are on their own field.  The boss has 50 regen in all categories.
    So we need better stuff to kill them so then they get tougher so we need better stuff round and round we go....no you've just returned and head out in your sorcerers suit only to collect grey robes ...how many are gonna stay..

    How many will stay in a game where you start with a max suit and do not need upgrades?  Why kill stuff? 
    Where did i suggest you start with max suit?
    Ill retract that answer.  Actually there are tamers on LS who got the sorcerers suit when it came out and they are still using them.   They are doing all content.

    But I prefer a game where you kill things to advance your killing abilities and YES the devs should keep increasing the mobs strength and abilities.  I guess you do not remember the days when we had to group up to kill an Ettin or Lich.  We get better so we hunt better quarry.
  • The Salivas are not vulnerable to Bird Slayer. They possess the Conductive Blast ability, which halves your Energy Resist, they can Teleport to you (even over walls) when they *flap wings*, and they will also drain your Mana on hit. Getting swarmed by Salivas is a good way to find yourself out of Mana and unable to Whirlwind, even with a 100% HML Double Axe.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 379
    The Salivas are not vulnerable to Bird Slayer. They possess the Conductive Blast ability, which halves your Energy Resist, they can Teleport to you (even over walls) when they *flap wings*, and they will also drain your Mana on hit. Getting swarmed by Salivas is a good way to find yourself out of Mana and unable to Whirlwind, even with a 100% HML Double Axe.
    Yep, I tested this again as well.  Target must have been discorded during my earlier test window.  Information at uoguide.com is out of date in this regard, OR, it should be vulnerable to bird slayer but isn't.  (seems it should be, it behaves like a bird).
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 724
    If you are a mage, lure the Saliva to an area where you are one on one, then invis. for a second so it loses it’s lock, then cast an EV or two for it to fight, and then hit it with your mage mastery death ray, or with your flame strike.  If it is still locked on you when you cast the EV you might have to run and invis. a second time to get it to go after the EV.  Usually, I concentrate on the smaller spell casting birds and help others to finish off the Salivas.  But is the need arises can solo them with the help of the EVs.  You can double team them too if they chase another player and that player just runs around you.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 724
    Also, think bird and bear slayer books are quite rare.  See the talismans for sale but don’t ever recall seeing a spellbook.  
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 379
    Arnold7 said:
    Also, think bird and bear slayer books are quite rare.  See the talismans for sale but don’t ever recall seeing a spellbook.  
    See my earlier comment re: town invasion should be enabled again, for weekends periodically.  That's where those books originated.  There are other good things about those invasions: pet training galore, boss that drops 30% talis, bane weapons, etc.
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 407
    Arnold7 said:
    Also, think bird and bear slayer books are quite rare.  See the talismans for sale but don’t ever recall seeing a spellbook.  
    They exist but are very rare... I never found a 30SDI, but 28 still melts those bears. The bird one  is
    also 28 sdi but it does nothing agains these salivas, they're way op. I used like you said, EV's and RC;s to deal with them and found flamestrike  is what seems to hurt them most.. and poison fields


Sign In or Register to comment.