Shattered Obelisk Stone Cache not working

LarisaLarisa Posts: 840
edited March 19 in General Discussions
I had put up a friends a few months back and it works fine.

Another friend finally got one and I put it together and it says it's not complete.

I moved it...still didn't work so thought maybe his is broken and went to put mine up and mine says it's incomplete.

Yes I know how to put it together, as I stated I did my friends a few months back.

Did something in recent patches break these? The ones that are together as of right now still work, but trying to put one up now they won't work.

EDITED TO ADD: DO NOT TAKE YOURS DOWN IF YOU HAVE ONE UP TO TEST THIS.

If anyone has one not assembled, please test this for me. I tried my friends and I tried mine and neither work.



Comments

  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,315
    edited March 19
    They work Fine.  Just built and tested.



    The Archfiend you gave me makes sure all my stuff works.. Thanks
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 840
    lol well I built mine right...both of them...my castle and his castle..neither work, they both say this obelisk is incomplete. And yes  I know I built it right :(  Maybe just Origin? New patch might be the issue? Backend work because the events are starting next week?

  • SethSeth Posts: 2,401


    I recall we need to adjust the elevation of components to achieve the final look. One of them could just miss one step.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 840
    I just think it's broken on Origin...maybe from the upcoming patch or whatever because like I said I put one together a few months ago with no issue, it works just fine  so I know how to put them together. 

  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 420
    Mine is working fine on Origin. I just moved and reassembled it back a couple weeks ago
  • Arroth_ThaielArroth_Thaiel Posts: 842
    ***watches as Larisa pounds her head on the desktop***
    -Arroth
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,315
    edited March 21
    Archangel said:
    Mine is working fine on Origin. I just moved and reassembled it back a couple weeks ago
    She wants you to disassemble it and assemble it right now and see if it works. She thinks something changed in the last few days or hours.

    Then you can report back here that it works.

    Or assemble a different one since that looks like it is not in an easy spot.
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 840
    I am currently trying again on my other castle roof, different location.....still not working. :/

  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 420
    Pawain said:
    Archangel said:
    Mine is working fine on Origin. I just moved and reassembled it back a couple weeks ago
    She wants you to disassemble it and assemble it right now and see if it works. She thinks something changed in the last few days or hours.

    Then you can report back here that it works.

    Or assemble a different one since that looks like it is not in an easy spot.
    Hehe, I hope it doesn't break. I'll disassemble it later and see what happens 

    *crosses fingers!*
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,315
    I think it will work, she is putting the Oblisk behind it.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,177
    edited March 21
    Continously when people post with issues others like to question their intelligence and knowledge in a very sugar troll kinda way seems very unfair..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,315
    McDougle said:
    Continously when people post with issues others like to question their intelligence and knowledge in a very sugar troll kinda way seems very unfair..
    I put them up in 1 spot, she puts them up with the Oblisk in a different spot.  Mine works.

    Do you have anything to add?  You play on Origin.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,315
    edited March 21
    Also it is pretty irrelevant that if it does not work, there are no Pagan Titans to slay.

    Yall been complaining about Devs not fixing the important things.  Do they need to fix this if it is broke?
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 420
    Pawain said:
    Also it is pretty irrelevant that if it does not work, there are no Pagan Titans to slay.

    Yall been complaining about Devs not fixing the important things.  Do they need to fix this if it is broke?
    So wrong! Of course they need to fix this if its broke, Things should work as they are expected to, no matter that there are no pagans to slay.
    The thing is supposed to have an effect, just like the most sought after EM rewards have an effect and a sound or something interesting when clicked.
    Heck, I'd complain if the wind-chimes stopped making the noise they're suppose to when someone walks near them! so yes, if its broken it should be fixed. And the important things probably need a lot of coding to fix where as this should be an easy thing. 

    Now, to destroy it and rebuild it
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 420
    edited March 21
    Pheww, It still works after dis and re assembly! 



    Sorry Larisa, but at least now we know its not shard-wise, and you now have grounds to ask a GM for help. could be like those dead spots at homes after re-deeding something or other. Hope yours gets to boom&blitz again soon enough! 

    I put the tip first of all... on the NW paver... then all the rest come on the SE paver... then raise 'em all up until the base plops in place, and then lower everything till it looks purrty as my pyramid magic gable   <span>:smile:</span>

    Now back to fishing.. maybe one day I'll catch a darn dragonfish over 20 stones    lol
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,315
    @Archangel Thank you for testing it on Origin.  

    I put all the pieces in a pouch and chop it.  Then raise the pieces to make the pattern.

    So, you also showed you can build it like she (I think) did and it work.

    Also like your deco around it.  The tapestries make a nice wall.
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 420
    Pawain said:
    @ Archangel Thank you for testing it on Origin.  

    I put all the pieces in a pouch and chop it.  Then raise the pieces to make the pattern.

    So, you also showed you can build it like she (I think) did and it work.

    Also like your deco around it.  The tapestries make a nice wall.
    Thanks for the remark on the deco and for the idea of bag-chopping!  Bagchopping things into place is the go-to solution for my builder, but he hever thought of it for this! :D
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,315
    @Archangel
    If I have time and can remember.  I'd like to use the stairs like you have and find a centerpiece like the pyramid is for yours, and make a deco piece that you can walk under.  Since there are various tapestries and you can dye some of them, I'm sure someone with a better imagination than I, can come up with some great looks.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,401
    It's like one of those frustrating bugs when we went through the steps 10 times and still think we got it right but something is just missing... Just one hair.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 840
    Again...I have built them in the past...with no issues...the one I built TWO MONTHS AGO still works...and I re-built that one TWICE.

    I know what I'm doing, I know how to build them, I know I'm doing it correctly because I JUST DID IT!

    What about that don't you people understand?  I am beyond frustrated because I KNOW it's built correctly. I even tried what Allen said and put it in a box and chopped it...that was a mess  and didn't work either.




  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 420
    Pawain said:
    @ Archangel
    If I have time and can remember.  I'd like to use the stairs like you have and find a centerpiece like the pyramid is for yours, and make a deco piece that you can walk under.  Since there are various tapestries and you can dye some of them, I'm sure someone with a better imagination than I, can come up with some great looks.
    Please be welcome to use them. I must admit I first got the idea from Lieutenant Dan! years ago. 

    I am now about to attempt the floating globe of Sosaria for my observatory sky (like Roma the trapped boxes amazing castle on ATL has, I hope I can recreate such beauty!)
    anyway.  while searching, I saw your post with your statue holding the globe.. that could look awesome atop a pyramid!

  • SethSeth Posts: 2,401
    Pawain said:
    @ Archangel Thank you for testing it on Origin.  

    I put all the pieces in a pouch and chop it.  Then raise the pieces to make the pattern.

    So, you also showed you can build it like she (I think) did and it work.

    Also like your deco around it.  The tapestries make a nice wall.
    Maybe @Archangel can help to build it in her castle...
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 840
    I tried the pouch, I've never had to do that before...the one I built 2 months ago I was like bam bam up and done...TWICE....I've put friends up for them many many times.....

    Maybe it has something to do with the new castles....though the one I put in my friends house that works is a newer castle....

    I don't know...I know I'm doing it right....it's just not working.

  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 420
    Seth said:
    Pawain said:
    @ Archangel Thank you for testing it on Origin.  

    I put all the pieces in a pouch and chop it.  Then raise the pieces to make the pattern.

    So, you also showed you can build it like she (I think) did and it work.

    Also like your deco around it.  The tapestries make a nice wall.
    Maybe @ Archangel can help to build it in her castle...
    It would be my pleasure to help, tho I would not presume to offer it out of the blue as it could be taken as offensive. But when I'm in, I'm always happy to help if I can... 

    I'll gladly admit that half of all I know in this game comes from Petra F. and Larisa... the other half  from  OUGuide and stratics in general.. so I don't think I could teach them anything   :) 
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 840
    lol well I'll holler at you in Discord. Gonna try to get a hold of Squint too, he said he'd try to help.  I know I'm building it right but I think I'm going to try at my luna house and see if it's maybe a weird facet thing....I have no idea at this point lol.



  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 420
    Larisa said:
    lol well I'll holler at you in Discord. Gonna try to get a hold of Squint too, he said he'd try to help.  I know I'm building it right but I think I'm going to try at my luna house and see if it's maybe a weird facet thing....I have no idea at this point lol.


    Cool, Let's do it!  :)

  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 840
    I just had Squint Co-Own me to his castle and he sat there and watched me built it....classic castle on Dagger Isle in Tram...no go :(

    So I'm gonna holler at you later. If it doesn't work with you then I'm going to try to page a GM...no it's not game changing....but I'd like it to work! :/

  • YoshiYoshi Posts: 1,543
    edited March 22
    “I no longer own one of these but from memory didn’t we have to try and drag one of the locked down pieces and have it snap back into place or something..
    i only put it up one time so you know more than me if you’ve done it several times”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,401
    I would assume GM is supposed to appear and help such request.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,315
    Seth said:
    I would assume GM is supposed to appear and help such request.
    They do every day for lesser things.
Sign In or Register to comment.