2 slot imps?

all my research online has said imps are 2 slot tamables, but i cannot seem to find any 2 slot imps, they are all 3 slot, is there a certain area i need to be looking in to find a 2 slot one?

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    I think the pre patch ones were. A few on LS had one. But they left them magery so they are not killers.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 171
    Pawain said:
    I think the pre patch ones were. A few on LS had one. But they left them magery so they are not killers.
    i saw a guildmate of mine tank the roof dragon in belfry with just a monbat, so now i want to find a obscure pet no one really uses and see what i can do with it, thought a Imp would be pretty neat if i could find a 2 slot one.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Whitewolf said:
    Pawain said:
    i saw a guildmate of mine tank the roof dragon in belfry with just a monbat, so now i want to find a obscure pet no one really uses and see what i can do with it, thought a Imp would be pretty neat if i could find a 2 slot one.
    A mongbat can kill the Belfry dragon sounds unbelievable, even if it is fully trained. Will be good to see a video of that.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Here is one that was given too me by a player that needed stable space.  He made it when the revamp came out.  He made it very badly.

So, at one point they were 2 slot.  Maybe some returning player happened to tame one before the revamp and they have it in their stable and they may stay at 2 slots.  I do not know, I have never seen one on a returning player.  They have Mares and WWs.

This person put on poison then poison breath, then changed the magic to Necro.  They have placeholder skill for Necro.

They go to 4 slots. Would be nice to find some old 2 slot ones and build them.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Pawain said:
    Here is one that was given too me by a player that needed stable space.  He made it when the revamp came out.  He made it very badly.

So, at one point they were 2 slot.  Maybe some returning player happened to tame one before the revamp and they have it in their stable and they may stay at 2 slots.  I do not know, I have never seen one on a returning player.  They have Mares and WWs.

This person put on poison then poison breath, then changed the magic to Necro.  They have placeholder skill for Necro.

The specs looks good enough as Belfry slaying pet with healing help, so i am not sure why u said its made badly. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    Seth said:
    Pawain said:

The specs looks good enough as Belfry slaying pet with healing help, so i am not sure why u said its made badly. 
    Necromancy on pets does very little damage.  It is basically does base damage at 125 str instead of 700 and the stamina is not 150 so it swings slow.

For the first couple of weeks, casting pets did not go to the target and attack, they attacked from a distance.  But players complained and they changed it so they go to the target and melee.

It would have been better for this and magery if they left them to cast from a distance.

Go stick a Magery or necro pet on an Allosaurus and time the kill.  Then take an AI/Chiv pet.  The AI/Chiv pet takes 10 to 12 minutes.   The magic pet will make you fall asleep.

Pet AI sux, they do not use the correct spells at the correct time. They also turn spells on and off.
  • WhitewolfWhitewolf Posts: 171
    Seth said:
    Whitewolf said:
    Pawain said:
    A mongbat can kill the Belfry dragon sounds unbelievable, even if it is fully trained. Will be good to see a video of that.
    never said a mongbat killed the belfry dragon, i said he tanked it. as in the belfry dragon pounded on him the whole time, while others pets killed it.
  • PlayerSkillFTWPlayerSkillFTW Posts: 510
    edited March 2022
    Pawain said:

Saw someone at Luna Stables on Atlantic the other day with a really old 2 slot red Imp. Imps haven't been red since they looked like red Mongbats prior to Third Dawn/Lord Blackthorn's Revenge.

He also had out a purple (1170) Rabbit from 2008 Valentines, and a Clan Ribbon Plague Rat. Obviously a rare pet collector.