Is it safe to get off the bug for EJ players>?

or should they remain mounted for now??  The reason I asked is I have an old char on a bug, he was the house owner when we had that account active, so I have no clue whats on the bug as I was told not to get off it
Remove Trap = Bad News
for
Treasure Hunters
Drakelord#5598

Comments

• As far as I know, only houses, boats and bank count as "storage". Beetles & packies fall in to the bag/container category. So I don't see why you couldn't dismount your beetle.

I bought and just bonded a beetle on an EJ account but I've never logged out while the beetle was carrying items. So maybe that's where I'm confused.

• MariahMariah Posts: 2,986Moderator
    At current time if you get off a beetle that has items in its pack you will be unable to re-mount unless you empty it.  Please also remember that loaded pack animals are NOT subject to autostable and will remain in game if you log out.
  • DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,739
    thanks, I think I will wait till this banking thing goes WW and then take another look at the bug then
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • InLorInLor Posts: 411
    Why not just transfer the beetle to your subscribed account and then check the contents?
    A qua lemmúr wíste, an zen anku vol verde wís.
  • Garth_GreyGarth_Grey Posts: 1,453

Because he's gotta get off of it to transfer it, might as well go ahead and look inside then :P

You and Several Others like this.

Please make the Grizzled Mare a 5 slot mount, it's incredibly rare and deserves it. Some of us have been waiting a long time for this simple addition.
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    So if a returning player comes back to the game and upon logging in finds himself riding a beetle. He then dismounts and finds 80 items stored in the beetle. His bank only holds 20 items so what is he supposed to do? Subscribe!

They really should have a warning message IN GAME to explain to new/returning players if they dismount a loaded bug they won't be able to remount.
  • BilboBilbo Posts: 2,834
    Or maybe a returning/new player should read about EJ before blindly jumping in the deep end.
  • DJAdDJAd Posts: 290
    Bilbo said:
    Or maybe a returning/new player should read about EJ before blindly jumping in the deep end.
    How is logging in considered jumping in at the deep end? If you see the various social media posts the general message seems to be "you can just login with an old account". This is pretty much exactly what they do. 
  • jaytinjaytin Posts: 417
    DJAd said:
    They really should have a warning message IN GAME to explain to new/returning players if they dismount a loaded bug they won't be able to remount.
    I agree with this 100%, it's just common sense to let people know there could be a problem, we don't want to chase away potential customers with ineptitude!  :p
  • IvenorIvenor Posts: 1,216
    edited April 2018
    jaytin said:
    DJAd said:
    I agree with this 100%, it's just common sense to let people know there could be a problem, we don't want to chase away potential customers with ineptitude!  :p
    It is not a "problem": is a feature, and a rightly thought one, IMO, to deter, as already discussed ad nauseam, serial freeloaders. Many people are simply to lazy to read even a couple of introductory pages. B) :D