Move fixed bugs to another sub forum

YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
edited March 2022 in Forum Feedback
“Please create sub-forum for fixed bugs,

the bugs forum has many many pages and makes the game/broadsword look bad but actually many bugs have been fixed.

please move them”
Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    OMG A good idea.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I look at it like this we have I'm going to say 4 full time developers 4x40 =160 hours a week am i crazy or wrong for thinking an hour a day spent here interacting with customers is a bad thing...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    After reading the recent discussions about idocs and house placement don’t think the developers would agree.  They could have easily provided some insights into those issues that might have at least explained to those of us interested in them what the issues are.  That might not have reduced the posts to those discussions that much but, for me anyway, it would have been a lot more satisfying than wading through all of those other posts hoping to finally find one that explained what was going on.  See this so often in UO now where a simple clarification from management about an issue is simply not provided with the result being pages and pages of posts from players complaining or speculating about them. Oh, may now might be a good time to change the topic of this discussion to vendor search.

• YoshiYoshi Posts: 3,322
    edited November 2022
    “I understand that creating a separate sub forum to move bugs to fixed would’ve made broadsword look bad before due to them fixing so few bugs in the last 5 years, however it seems they have hired someone now as there have been a number of undocumented fixes. 

Will be less embarrassing now”
    Posts on this account have been pre filtered from personal comment or opinion in an effort to suppress conservative views in order to protect the reader.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 782
    edited November 2022
    Just have the developer reply on the original bug report "fixed in publish XXX, thanks".

Looking at the volume of bugs filed/fixed in a given week, it should only be a few minutes of copy+paste into / out of a proprietary bug database each week.  That's assuming there isn't an automated work-flow taking input from the bugs forum.  Probably 30 minutes of triage and prioritization any given week.

No need to complicate things by having yet more forums.