Something is really not right with the RNG Code....

2»

Comments

• A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,211
    popps said:
    This blows my mind...

"Something is really not right with the RNG Code...."

It's RNG, honestly there is a constant tirade of people (Not just the OP) complaining because RNG does not favour them, thats the entire nature of RNG.  On a dice, some roll a 6 everytime, some do not, some dont roll a 6 for a loooong time.

This entire... 'I'm not getting the results I want, fix it' attitude is becoming soooo tiresome.  Some people win the lottery, some don't.  Learn to live with it.

By all means ask for a Doom/Gauntlet system but all this crap about 'favoured accounts' etc is just nonsense, its RNG, end of story.
    Excuse me ?

This has nothing to do with "getting the results that one may want " but, rather, to have a mechanics that was to make some sense and logic....

Being at 100.0 Lockpicking skill is as good as it can get. It is the maximum possible.

If the Crystal Ball of Knowledge says that picking a given Lock ic "VERY EASY", what exactly is not clear about a task being "VERY EASY" if I may ask ?

There is only a lower level to "very easy" and it is, "too easy".

Now, to me, it makes ZERO sense, none, nada, that at maxed out skill, on a VERY EASY Lock to pick, yet, one has to fail 17 times in a row....

It-makes-no-sense-whatsoever to me !!

Now, if it was a Lock that was "too challenging" or even "challenging" I could possibly understand,  but on a task tagged as "VERY EASY" ?

No way.

It is just a wrong mechanics, to my opinion, one that gets a player to have to fail 17 times in a row on something which should be VERY EASILY achieved.

If a task is labelled as "VERY EASY" well, THEN, guess what ?

It should be VERY EASILY done succesfully !!!

And infact, this is what happens with spells which, when VERY EASY to be cast, never fizzle and even when they do, it happens in really once in a blue moon, if even....

That is at least the way I see it.
    Do you have any clue in that little brain of yours what is meant by RANDOM, no you do not.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,211
    OMG  Now that is funny
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,083
    Another popps thread where he's going to argue with people about "how he thinks things should work" vs how they really do work (as designed)....

IBTL
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,945Moderator
    @popps you are misunderstanding the message you receive @Pawain is right, the messages relate to your chance of gaining skill from what you are attempting, not your chance of success in doing it.

• poppspopps Posts: 3,904
    edited March 2022
    Mariah said:
    @ popps you are misunderstanding the message you receive @ Pawain is right, the messages relate to your chance of gaining skill from what you are attempting, not your chance of success in doing it.

I am not sure I grasp what the difference might be, though....

The Crystal Ball of Knowledge, when it says "VERY EASY", it does not refer to a "very easy" to gain skill.... infact, we all know, that the best chance to gain a skill is when the Crystal Ball of Knowledge says "OPTIMAL"....

Otherwise, if it referred to gaining the skill, the best chance at gaining skills would be when the message received was "TOO EASY"....

So, I need to conclude that, the message given by the Crystal Ball of Knowledge actually DOES refer to the task at hand... that is, at that given skill level, the opening of the Lock....

YET, even if that opening of a Lock at that skill level is indicated as "VERY EASY", still, one can fail 17 times in a row or, perhaps, even more....
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    edited March 2022
    @popps What sort of sick, perverse pleasure do you get from bringing up STUPID S**T over, and over, and over? Again, and again, and again. That NO ONE CARES ABOUT!!!! Just give it a F*****G rest.
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,945Moderator
    1. The RNG is notoriously streaky, just accept (as I do) that it hates you and move on.
    2. The team, if they follow every other team as far back as I can remember (20+years) will not touch the the RNG coding
    3. Everyone's patience with this thread appears to be at an end.
This discussion has been closed.