champ altar?

Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
edited March 2022 in Homes & Castles

how does it look?  I know it's the wrong skull, but the right one only drops from harrower, so I don't see me getting that one, somehow.
the real one: http://uo.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/09/altar.jpg

Comments

• MerusMerus Posts: 656
    edited March 2022
    I don’t remember a skull when the candles are active? I use the red and white candles on mine.
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 630
    That looks fantastic!

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Perfect.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,321
    Merus said:
    I don’t remember a skull when the candles are active? I use the red and white candles on mine.
    I based it on the dormant altar on the champion spawns page of the wiki - the one I linked in my previous post.  I first made it in shadow stone, but realised that was too dark. I dyed the stone with bright blue plant dye to achieve the closer match.
    edited March 2022
    A dormant alter has the skull but no candles… I think.  I’ve seen them often enough but haven’t paid that close of attention.
    Merus said:
    A dormant alter has the skull but no candles… I think.  I’ve seen them often enough but haven’t paid that close of attention.
    I simply based my creation on the image on the wiki - which must exist at some point for it to have been screen printed for the page.
    Merus said:
    I simply based my creation on the image on the wiki - which must exist at some point for it to have been screen printed for the page.
    I stand corrected, the active alters do have the skull.  Nice job.  I think yours has a slightly better color match than mine, which is just crafted from Valorite stone. (actual active alter on the left).

• DryzzidDryzzid Posts: 80
    Looks really good!
    Mayor of North Harbor Township, Atlantic Shard
    74503058 | Dryzzid#5091
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    Looks like the real deal. Nice!
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,312
    What are the color hues / dyes you are using looks great 
    the altar stone pieces are dyed with bright blue plant dye (remember you can't dye plain granite), the candles with berserker red tokuno dye.
    Thank you !
    The color in the first pic looks better than the original color 
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 1,171
    This is the one I did ( I hate that the slime statues are so BIG! I would have loved to have done first lvl)

That’s awesome! 
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    We definitely need a LIKE BUTTON
  • Here is mine

Well done ! 
    edited September 2023
    Someone has suggested putting the vet reward black gate on one, but I can't remember if the pentagram on the altar changes colour when the gate spawns. Before the altar is active the pentagram is shadow coloured, and a completed altar in Tokuno has an ash coloured pentagram after the champ is beaten - but what colour is an altar in Fel with the gate on? It goes back to Shadow :D

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Great use for that item 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
     :) 
  • LilyGraceLilyGrace Posts: 728
    Nice!