want all uo wants and needs

2»

Comments

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    ^^^^^^^^^^THIS^^^^^^^^^^
    LIKE LIKE LIKE
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited March 2022
    I feel that the ones that hold the power are the players. They're the ones that make the choice to pay the high prices or not, to buy gold with real world money or not. Until those that do that sort of thing take a look at themselves, police themselves, nothing will change.

Until people start getting together and deciding to stop paying the prices certain sellers are demanding, change won't happen. It's not that complicated. Just takes balls and determination.

There is a problem, though, when grinding for something in the game takes too much of a players' time...

Say that a player wants a particular item, but that particular item takes, say, 15 hours of grinding, on average, in order for a player to get that 1 item. Consequentially, there could be players who could think that, rather then spending 15 hours in a game in order to get that item in the game, they could just spend that time on some paid job in real life, earn a good amount of money, and then pay a few bucks to buy that item...

It would be a more efficient use of one's own time, wouldn't it be ?

Let me make an example to better explain myself... let's imagine, just for the sake of the discussion, that a player was to earn minimum wage of, say, 12 US dollars an hour.

Let's imagine that the grinding to get a given item would need 15 hours, on average. Working those 15 hours on a paid job at minimum wage rather then spending them grinding in the game, would earn that individual some 180 US dollars.

Now, let's imagine that such an in game item which the player wants, needs, on average, 15 hours of in-game grinding, and has an in game cost when bought from other players, of say 300 millions in game gold.

Now, let's imagine that in game gold was to sell on average, 50 US dollars to get 300 millions of in game gold.

Under these conditions, perhaps there could be players preferring to spend those 15 hours working a paid job in real life, earn 180 US dollars, and then spend 50 US dollars to buy 300 millions of in game gold to then purchase that wanted item.

The player would be still left with 130 US Dollars and have the in-game item as well, instead of spending those 15 items grinding in the game to get "only" that item....

Why am I making this argument ?

Because, at least to my opinion, the amount of countless grinding that needs to be done in that game, for certain items, to get them, might be, for some players, a reason to motivate them to just buy the gold with real money and thus get that in game item in way less time as they would need to do grinding in the game to earn it...

But then, if players start purchasing items in a game using real money, because the grinding to get them in the game takes too long, what is the point of actually playing the game in the first place ?

Eventually, some players might realize the absurdity of this and stop playing the game althougether since getting items in the game takes way too long, because the grinding necessary is too time consuming, and just purchasing them with real money, while more efficient in regards to how to spend one's own time, could make one feel playing that game, pointless...

And the game then might looses players base because of that....

Want players play games for fun ?

Make the getting of items not an absurd grinding taking too much time, and do not permit players to buy and sell in game gold and items...

Let players earn the items which they may want, spending a reasonable time, and have fun playing the game rather then wanting to spend real money to buy in game gold/items because grinding to earn them nin the game was to take too long.

That is least my opinion of it.
  • usernameusername Posts: 687
    I've been asking for this for a while: I'd like to see some lower priced (25?) 'Account Bound' instead of high priced (150+ pts) 'Shard Bound' rewards for the next ToT. 'Account Bound' could be a great tool to mitigate RMT/cheating while rewarding players that actually do the content, especially like these ToTs where rewards are repeated, and could be lower prices since they couldn't be traded and have 0 inherent value.
    This discussion has been closed.

I will be slow to reply because I cannot log in/stay logged in to the forums.
    Make this your signature if you are tired of Vendor Search being broken, over 4 years and counting.
    Vendor search rendered useless after Publish 106 – Forsaken Foes on August 14, 2019.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Uo store can sell everything the rmt sellers can cheaper cheap enough to put them out of business uo makes money problems solved 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • I feel that the ones that hold the power are the players. They're the ones that make the choice to pay the high prices or not, to buy gold with real world money or not. Until those that do that sort of thing take a look at themselves, police themselves, nothing will change.

Until people start getting together and deciding to stop paying the prices certain sellers are demanding, change won't happen. It's not that complicated. Just takes balls and determination.

Agree 110% @AmberWitch I don't buy gold, if I want something I will either grind it or grind other things I can reasonably obtain and sell them to get what I want.  I don't pay more than what I feel an item is worth either I'll either wait until the price drops or bargain with someone selling it. 

And someone made a post complaining about something taking too long to obtain. We play this game to have fun and enjoy ourselves. For someone to complain about having to spend more time playing it, is something I find Hilarious.  "You mean I have to play the game more to get what I want? The AUDACITY!!!" 

Laughing Rofl GIF - Laughing Rofl Lol - Discover ampamp Share GIFs
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    popps said:
    I feel that the ones that hold the power are the players. They're the ones that make the choice to pay the high prices or not, to buy gold with real world money or not. Until those that do that sort of thing take a look at themselves, police themselves, nothing will change.

There is a problem, though, when grinding for something in the game takes too much of a players' time...

Say that a player wants a particular item, but that particular item takes, say, 15 hours of grinding, on average, in order for a player to get that 1 item. Consequentially, there could be players who could think that, rather then spending 15 hours in a game in order to get that item in the game, they could just spend that time on some paid job in real life, earn a good amount of money, and then pay a few bucks to buy that item...

It would be a more efficient use of one's own time, wouldn't it be ?

Let me make an example to better explain myself... let's imagine, just for the sake of the discussion, that a player was to earn minimum wage of, say, 12 US dollars an hour.

Let's imagine that the grinding to get a given item would need 15 hours, on average. Working those 15 hours on a paid job at minimum wage rather then spending them grinding in the game, would earn that individual some 180 US dollars.

Now, let's imagine that such an in game item which the player wants, needs, on average, 15 hours of in-game grinding, and has an in game cost when bought from other players, of say 300 millions in game gold.

Now, let's imagine that in game gold was to sell on average, 50 US dollars to get 300 millions of in game gold.

Under these conditions, perhaps there could be players preferring to spend those 15 hours working a paid job in real life, earn 180 US dollars, and then spend 50 US dollars to buy 300 millions of in game gold to then purchase that wanted item.

The player would be still left with 130 US Dollars and have the in-game item as well, instead of spending those 15 items grinding in the game to get "only" that item....

Why am I making this argument ?

Because, at least to my opinion, the amount of countless grinding that needs to be done in that game, for certain items, to get them, might be, for some players, a reason to motivate them to just buy the gold with real money and thus get that in game item in way less time as they would need to do grinding in the game to earn it...

But then, if players start purchasing items in a game using real money, because the grinding to get them in the game takes too long, what is the point of actually playing the game in the first place ?

Eventually, some players might realize the absurdity of this and stop playing the game althougether since getting items in the game takes way too long, because the grinding necessary is too time consuming, and just purchasing them with real money, while more efficient in regards to how to spend one's own time, could make one feel playing that game, pointless...

And the game then might looses players base because of that....

Want players play games for fun ?

Make the getting of items not an absurd grinding taking too much time, and do not permit players to buy and sell in game gold and items...

Let players earn the items which they may want, spending a reasonable time, and have fun playing the game rather then wanting to spend real money to buy in game gold/items because grinding to earn them nin the game was to take too long.

That is least my opinion of it.
    I assume you mean that (after trying to read through your novel) even though it is against the UO Rules to buy or sell items for $$$, you are for it. Gotcha.
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • FortisFortis Posts: 408
    KHAN said:
    It is very sad that most of the "rares collectors"/Realtors/ "trusted brokers" are nothing more than gold sellers. For those of you who say that you aren't affected by them. Think about this. They were responsible for all of the IDOC changes, including items being deleted. Causing the prices on everything to rise. A few are now "script placing" amost of the plots causing the prices to rise, as well as not giving honest players much of a chance. They are, in some cases, using stolen CC's to buy game time codes, and then selling the code for gold or $$$. BOTH of which are a violation of the UO ToS. This is just the tip of the iceberg! Think about it .

Again anothe non sense post from you keith....people stealing credit cards to buy uo game time code rolf...stop being a selfish person in the game maybe you will make friend that can buy game time code cheaper in other country before saying absurd things
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,903
    edited March 2022
    KHAN said:

I assume you mean that (after trying to read through your novel) even though it is against the UO Rules to buy or sell items for $$$, you are for it. Gotcha.
    Not at all, never bought anything nor sold anything UO related for real money...

Only saying, that it might make sense to some....

Mind you, playing the game, and "grinding", are 2 entirely different concepts, to my opinion...

Personally, I don't care, do not buy the item with real money, do not let myself caught into the grinding madness to get that item, just get by without  that item... 

That said, though, other players who really want that item, might instead find more convenient to buy it with real money rather then spend the necessary grind time to get it.

The bad thing, to my viewing, is the grinding.... spending real money comes only as a consequence...

If there was no such thing as the grinding, there would, consequently, also be no need to spend real money to buy anything game related, players, even if they wanted a given item very strongly, would just get it in the game.

So, if you hate RMT, ask for the grinding to get removed, and RMT will also go away, as a consequence.....
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    Fortis said:
    KHAN said:
    It is very sad that most of the "rares collectors"/Realtors/ "trusted brokers" are nothing more than gold sellers. For those of you who say that you aren't affected by them. Think about this. They were responsible for all of the IDOC changes, including items being deleted. Causing the prices on everything to rise. A few are now "script placing" amost of the plots causing the prices to rise, as well as not giving honest players much of a chance. They are, in some cases, using stolen CC's to buy game time codes, and then selling the code for gold or $$$. BOTH of which are a violation of the UO ToS. This is just the tip of the iceberg! Think about it .

Again anothe non sense post from you keith....people stealing credit cards to buy uo game time code rolf...stop being a selfish person in the game maybe you will make friend that can buy game time code cheaper in other country before saying absurd things
    What did I say that was incorrect? The CC situation has been documented. And, It against the rules. What exactly did I say bothered you so much? Let me guess.....
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • GoodwillGoodwill Posts: 17
    They are, in some cases, using stolen CC's to buy game time codes, and then selling the code for gold or $$$. BOTH of which are a violation of the UO ToS. This is just the tip of the iceberg! Think about it .

It is not illegal to buy Anything from origin store and resell for gold, you should get your information right. also agree with @Fortis, you telling people that people steal CC to buy GTC?? wow, you really getting old and paranoiac.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,291
    Think this discussion has drifted a little from the original post.  But as one of the few actual new players starting a few years ago can and still playing can only say that it is UO itself that supports third party sellers. There is no way a new player can raise enough gold to buy a complete set of scrolls, a davie jones locker or a repair bench, and thanks to the way the game has evolved no way to get these items in game unless someone gives them to you.  It might be different for experienced players starting from scratch but not for beginners.  When I started if the third party sellers would have answered my emails I would have bought from them.  But they didn’t so I did not buy these items and just decided to go without them   I have enough gold now from selling items I earned or bought for resale in game, and friends to play with so I will stick with it for awhile.  By the way I started with an EJ account for the first six months or so.  Don’t really think that the game’s attraction is great enough that new players first trying it out would pay a monthly subscription after just a couple of weeks of play.

• PawainPawain Posts: 8,972
    Yes if a person steals a credit card, the first thing they think of is buying game time for UO.

I did not realize UO is so popular.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,210
    popps said:

BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH BLAH
    Most people play UO for fun and if a game becomes a GRIND then it is time to give up that game.  Are you one of those people that has to have what every body has?  Maybe you need to step away from UO for awhile till it becomes fun again.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 503Moderator
    I am going to end this conversation. Thank you for your participation.
This discussion has been closed.