It's not too early

To give some details on next dungeon.... what slayers will we need what pets
Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 

Comments

  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,180
    edited March 2
    We will find out on TC.

    But, lets see what we have.  Into the Frey.  

    Is that a misspelling of Fray.  Or a play on words. Fey.

    A Spawn in the Oaks area?

    Making Sanctuary a Dungeon?  That would be cool.  It has underground levels with trap door entries.

    A spawn in or  make Twisted Wield a Dungeon?

    For weapons make  a single target and WW version of what you use in each element.  Leave room for a slayer.

    We have already done the most difficult mobs that can turn paragon.  So you may not need a slayer.  The only new difficult mobs would be in Destard.  The Greater Dragon and Ancient Wyrm would make nice super paragons. A Changeling would be a killer of heroes.

    So, 

    It's not too early to get ready!

  • SethSeth Posts: 2,314
    We want the Fey Cameo... non shard bound.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • LarisaLarisa Posts: 821
    I was thinking Destard for some reason

  • SethSeth Posts: 2,314
    Larisa said:
    I was thinking Destard for some reason
    Destard will be challenging... no doors and big open area for paragons to roam around.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,180
    Destard would be fun.

    Ill plop my Tamers by the entry and send my warrior in to kill stuff.  Imagine how much leather could come from there.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,125
    Let's do Painted Caves, F**k all that running around Shiznet.

    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

    Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 1,178
    Let's do Painted Caves, F**k all that running around Shiznet.

    For some reason I imagine this as just a total buzz saw... paragon spawn literally dropping on top of people's heads and mass death robes for everyone. Even the scripters wouldn't be able to handle all of the targets. I think I like it! lol
  • quickbladequickblade Posts: 261
    It would be cool to have a 'high seas spawn' moving around on boats to kill stuff with a big altar emerging from the water
  • NorryNorry Posts: 490
    @quickblade i like that! Make the boss only damageable by cannons, and have some spawn "jump" on deck.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,314
    Let's do Painted Caves, F**k all that running around Shiznet.

    Great idea  :D
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,314
    edited March 2
    Norry said:
    @ quickblade i like that! Make the boss only damageable by cannons, and have some spawn "jump" on deck.
    Controlling a ship and fighting dynamically with cannons, I don’t really enjoy the current loading system in UO.

    Has anyone played Tank games where we drive, load and fire using controls only, and not by climbing around 4 positions to play 4 different roles as driver, commander, firer, and loader. Our ship needs to be controlled without the player running around like blue housefly. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,018
    See this fun thread the perfect place for a developer to chime in with little hints....hint hint....
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 389
    edited March 3
    Someone delete Norry's post before a Dev sees it! Quick! That is wayyyyy tooooo evillllll! lol
  • NorryNorry Posts: 490
    You know there is a command to fire all side cannons at once? I believe @Pawain gave it on the other forums. And the new gump allows auto load right? So all you have to do is repair, and make sure your ammo/charges are stocked. Sail, aim, give command, and then bob and weave
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,180
    If they did it. They would have paragon charybdis.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,314
    Norry said:
    You know there is a command to fire all side cannons at once? I believe @ Pawain gave it on the other forums. And the new gump allows auto load right? So all you have to do is repair, and make sure your ammo/charges are stocked. Sail, aim, give command, and then bob and weave
    We already know how to fire portside or starboard at once, but going a step further to reload by command as well. Then the player only moves the ship, he doesn’t run around to load each cannon. I wrote more in other thread how this works. In fact I remember that was suggested when developing HS 2.0.

    Given the low population, each player captain one ship, move by cursor, fire and reload by command. It’s like those addictive Tank commander games.

    Possible uses, maybe controlled events by EM:
    Death Race, race from point A to B and firing at each other and each time you are hit the ship slow down a bit. The survivor to cross the finishing line on his ship gets a prize. 

    Maybe several races like the Olympics ending in the finale top 10… Maybe develop ships that can ram and slow down other ships as well. Team up corner other ships, block and delay.

    Naval battle, there can be an arena where players login and go into the area to destroy other ships. Once ship is disabled the entire ship gets teleported out of the arena. Last man standing wins a rare drop.

    Not vvv type but controlled events by volunteers and EM.
    ===

    If anyone prefer to have a group of players help load cannon they can do so. So far I see more solo players than groups on a ship, this is a fact. Happy loading cannons one at a time, i can’t believe it but some actually enjoy playing cannon man.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,077
    Don't steer the ship, the tillerman will do that, you just have to yell instructions at him as you load your cannons. 
    Here's my inept example on how to do that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2_Yk7Xj_1g
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,314
    edited March 3
    Just to add the tricky part in a race is after you fire left side, you have to decide whether to reload and fire or turnaround to fire on the right side, which means going against the race direction. 

    Make it more fun when we can reload different types of cannon ammo, or even harpoons to slow down another ship. So much more possibilities.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,314
    edited March 3
    Don't steer the ship, the tillerman will do that, you just have to yell instructions at him as you load your cannons. 
    Here's my inept example on how to do that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2_Yk7Xj_1g
    Yup, in fact I am use it this method more often to move around. But if we can also yell reload and fire, then the movement by cursor will be another useful option for faster response in a race perhaps. I don’t think it’s hard for the team to develop this in HS 3.0.

    Sorry I may have digress too much from this thread.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,018
    I've suggested many times that we need a sea based spawn!! 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,180
    Don't steer the ship, the tillerman will do that, you just have to yell instructions at him as you load your cannons. 
    Here's my inept example on how to do that. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N2_Yk7Xj_1g
    INEPT example.  :D
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 389
    Seth said:
    Norry said:
    You know there is a command to fire all side cannons at once? I believe @ Pawain gave it on the other forums. And the new gump allows auto load right? So all you have to do is repair, and make sure your ammo/charges are stocked. Sail, aim, give command, and then bob and weave
    We already know how to fire portside or starboard at once, but going a step further to reload by command as well. Then the player only moves the ship, he doesn’t run around to load each cannon. I wrote more in other thread how this works. In fact I remember that was suggested when developing HS 2.0.

    Given the low population, each player captain one ship, move by cursor, fire and reload by command. It’s like those addictive Tank commander games.

    Possible uses, maybe controlled events by EM:
    Death Race, race from point A to B and firing at each other and each time you are hit the ship slow down a bit. The survivor to cross the finishing line on his ship gets a prize. 

    Maybe several races like the Olympics ending in the finale top 10… Maybe develop ships that can ram and slow down other ships as well. Team up corner other ships, block and delay.

    Naval battle, there can be an arena where players login and go into the area to destroy other ships. Once ship is disabled the entire ship gets teleported out of the arena. Last man standing wins a rare drop.

    Not vvv type but controlled events by volunteers and EM.
    ===

    If anyone prefer to have a group of players help load cannon they can do so. So far I see more solo players than groups on a ship, this is a fact. Happy loading cannons one at a time, i can’t believe it but some actually enjoy playing cannon man.
    A group of us are actually in the process of planning an event like this. It's a Fel based event. Last ship standing wins.

  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,180
    Persecution complex?

    Your post is right in the General Trade forum where trades belong.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,026
    McDougle said:
    I've suggested many times that we need a sea based spawn!! 
    What about Charybdis ?

    And it is quite a difficult spawn to handle.... too....

    Infact, considering how difficult it it, the loot coming from it is, to my opinion, largely underwhelming, other then for the difficult to have artifacts....

    Also, Osiredon the Scalis Enforcer, players fight it from docks but, it was meant to be a Deep Sea spawn.... same with the Leviathan.....

    And also Osiredon the Scalis Enforcer, is quite a tough Boss to deal with....

    And then we got the Orcs Beacons.....

    So, it is not like there is no Sea Spawns....
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,018
    popps said:
    McDougle said:
    I've suggested many times that we need a sea based spawn!! 
    What about Charybdis ?

    And it is quite a difficult spawn to handle.... too....

    Infact, considering how difficult it it, the loot coming from it is, to my opinion, largely underwhelming, other then for the difficult to have artifacts....

    Also, Osiredon the Scalis Enforcer, players fight it from docks but, it was meant to be a Deep Sea spawn.... same with the Leviathan.....

    And also Osiredon the Scalis Enforcer, is quite a tough Boss to deal with....

    And then we got the Orcs Beacons.....

    So, it is not like there is no Sea Spawns....
    Champ spawn @popps where PS drop and people can kill you 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • quickbladequickblade Posts: 261
    Yes im talking a fel champ spawn on the seas, where you actually would have a good reason to sink another player boat, in a immersive ship battle.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 1,178
    90% of the people here hate Fel and refuse to go there (remember the outrage of 2021 VDay clicky?)... and the suggestion is a ship champ spawn?? That would be a tough sell. There are dozens of other things I'd rather see before this. Like updates to older artifact drops (ie Doom).
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,314
    edited March 4
    Seth said:

    A group of us are actually in the process of planning an event like this. It's a Fel based event. Last ship standing wins.

    I feel it would be more fun for the group if reloading is also command-based and automated (all cannons load at once).
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
Sign In or Register to comment.