Anyone knows if LUCK effects the quality of Bulk Order Deeds received ?

poppspopps Posts: 3,935
edited February 2022 in General Discussions
It is my understanding that the related crafting skill level has an effect on the quality of the Bulk Order Deed Received.

I am not sure whether it is incremental up to 100.0 or 120.0 depending on the crafting skill, or whether it stops before (I have read some posts of players saying that 70.1 in the related crafting skill is as good as 100.0 120.0, depending what the skill CAP is, in that same skill in regards as to the quality of the BOD received... but who knows....).

Aside from the crafting skill level having an impact on the quality of the BOD received (material quality, whether normal or exceptional and whether 10, 15 or 20 count and whether a small or Large BOD), I am not finding any source which realiably indicates worn LUCK as also having an impact on the quality of the Bulk Order Deed Received.... that is, Exceptional, of a higher end material and a Large BOD....

Does anyone know it ?

Also, if it does not, shouldn't it ?

I mean, why shouldn't worn LUCK, if it affects rewards to fighters when it comes to fighting loot, or to reasure Hunters when they dig up their chests, also be beneficial to Crafters when they carry out their  share of gameplay with Bulk Order Deeds claiming ?

Comments

• popps said:
    Does anyone know it ?

No, it doesn't and no need for it to do so, thats what bribing is for.  Next!
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,935
    popps said:
    Does anyone know it ?

Actually, I disagree.

Bribing, First, comes at a cost and, second, it does not enhance a small to become a large, for example.

If other Templates can benefit from Luck, why shouldn't Crafters then also be able to benefit from Luck thus being able to have higher chances to receive Large BODs AND to cut their costs from bribing ?

Why does the Design have to be a "punitive" and frustrating one (having to spend even a lot on bribing, suffering high shortage of Large BODs...), rather then one which would make the gameplay more enjoyable ?

I mean, if other Templates can benefit from worn Luck, I do not see why Crafters could not likewise be able to benefit from Luck so as to get better Bulk Order Deeds.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited February 2022
    I have somewhat tested this. 

I have 4 crafters fully skilled, one of them has a high luck because he is used to mine saltpeter and luck is said to enhance finding saltpeter.

I did not notice any difference to the quality of BODs. He still collects junk like others, and quality appears random.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,974Moderator

Systems Affected by Luck

Luck will affect the following systems,

• Treasure Chest Loot
    • SoS Chests
    • Monster Loot
    • Dredging Hooks
    • Mining for Saltpeter
    • Quest Rewards
    • Trick or Treat Begging
    • Artifact drops from:
      • Shadowguard
      • Ilshenar Paragons
      • Halloween ‘treasures of’ events

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,151
    Ugh. This? Again?

Give it a break dude seriously.

IBTL
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Can you accept bad luck as well..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    edited February 2022
    popps said:
    popps said:
    Does anyone know it ?

Actually, I disagree.

Bribing, First, comes at a cost and, second, it does not enhance a small to become a large, for example.

If other Templates can benefit from Luck, why shouldn't Crafters then also be able to benefit from Luck thus being able to have higher chances to receive Large BODs AND to cut their costs from bribing ?

Why does the Design have to be a "punitive" and frustrating one (having to spend even a lot on bribing, suffering high shortage of Large BODs...), rather then one which would make the gameplay more enjoyable ?

I mean, if other Templates can benefit from worn Luck, I do not see why Crafters could not likewise be able to benefit from Luck so as to get better Bulk Order Deeds.
    This is the reason why your posts always get locked. You are posting wrong facts with long articles. Every template benefit from luck in a different way for specific item(s), and its not as of Warriors and Mages depend on luck for everything. If luck is going to affect everything then we might as well just wear luck suit for ALL templates 24/7.

Please stop posting such nonsense. 
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,046
     :D 
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • You Keep Using That Word I Do Not Think It Means What You Think It Means GIF  - You Keep Using That Word I Do Not Think It Means What You Think
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,248
    Well I have cut down to 10 BOD collectors and LUCK on a suit has ZERO effect as the the BOD you recieve in fact the 6 on one account have just a little over 70 in Smith/Tailor/Tink/Fletch/Carp and they get better BODs than my 4 maxed out crafters.
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,935
    edited February 2022
    Well I have cut down to 10 BOD collectors and LUCK on a suit has ZERO effect as the the BOD you recieve in fact the 6 on one account have just a little over 70 in Smith/Tailor/Tink/Fletch/Carp and they get better BODs than my 4 maxed out crafters.
     in fact the 6 on one account have just a little over 70 in Smith/Tailor/Tink/Fletch/Carp and they get better BODs than my 4 maxed out crafters.

That is something that I have been reading searching about BODs info.... that is, that having 70.1 is at least as good as 100.0 or 120.0 (depending on that skill's CAP) or, incredibly, as you mention, even better....

Which it does not make any sense to me....

I mean, things do not happen "out of the blue" with coded software.... therefore, I must think, if having 70.1 in a crafting skill produces as good, if not even better results as having 100.0 or 120.0 in that Crafting skill when it comes to collecting Bulk Order Deeds, this cannot be a weird unexpected effect from code..... but, I would imagine, it is so because it was coded to be so.

But then, what would be the logic for wanting to code it so as to have 70.1 crafting skill yield same if not better results as having 100.0 or 120.0 in that same skill when asking for a Bulk Order Deed ?

Go figure....
    LMAO @popps UO doesn't make sense to you.  BODs have always been this way from day one and now it doesn't make sense to you, where have you been.  Leave BODs alone because I am getting at least 50% EXP and a lot more LRG BODs
  • Give it a rest @popps.  No one cares for high end BoDs these days, the majority do it for PoF and low end runics.

With 0.1 in any craft skill you can collect BoDs on every character then recycle those with your skilled crafter to get the better ones and if all else fails you can bribe what you have.

It's not a perfect system, it never has been, but it's not difficult to get the items you want.
    @popps Smith BODs  were introduced in November 30, 2001 and we didn't get BOD Books until  July 30, 2003 and I thank GOD you weren't around back then.
  • Luck, is just a number next to a tiny green plant thingy, That's all anyone really knows. 
    Archangel said:
    Luck, is just a number next to a tiny green plant thingy, That's all anyone really knows. 
    AMEN!
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,046
    Archangel said:
    Luck, is just a number next to a tiny green plant thingy, That's all anyone really knows. 
    It is a four leaf clover.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • The Only Luck Is Bad Luck - Very Demotivational - Demotivational Posters   Very Demotivational  Funny Pictures  Funny Posters  Funny Meme

• keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,151
    I'm just going to throw a "IBTL" line on this thread since this is another pointless popps thread.

Side note @Rorschach - people are bored due to lack of new content in the game (before things start in March) so of course they are going to comment on a thread... additionally I think the Devs should see that this guy doesn;t speak for anyone but himself (ie do not entertain whatever he's asking for). If it's the same person that is creating these threads that constantly devolve into troll-fest... is it the fault of everyone else OR should we be looking at the person creating these threads?
     :D 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I'd like a post that suggested we need a block feature..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • keven2002 said:
    I'm just going to throw a "IBTL" line on this thread since this is another pointless popps thread.

Side note @ Rorschach - people are bored due to lack of new content in the game (before things start in March) so of course they are going to comment on a thread... additionally I think the Devs should see that this guy doesn;t speak for anyone but himself (ie do not entertain whatever he's asking for). If it's the same person that is creating these threads that constantly devolve into troll-fest... is it the fault of everyone else OR should we be looking at the person creating these threads?
    Omg Lawd GIF - Omg Lawd Baby GIFs

• RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    Ask yourself exactly what terms of service rule a post breaks before you ask for a lock. Things that seem disagreeable are not necessarily breaking any of the rules of this forum. How many voices do you want to silence?
This discussion has been closed.