How can a Triton spawn as a 3 slot?

KHANKHAN Posts: 510
edited February 2022 in General Discussions
I "popped" a 91% intensity Triton. I went to train it, and then realized it was a 3 slot! Has anyone else ever had this happen? How is it possible? How do I get it fixed? @Bleak @Kyronix @Misk
If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,046
    Whatever they did in the last patch that made some battle chickens go to the stable. The newsletter said it was because they were exploited.    :D
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • KHANKHAN Posts: 510
    Pawain said:
    Whatever they did in the last patch that made some battle chickens go to the stable. The newsletter said it was because they were exploited.    :D
    What does that have to do with a Triton I popped myself?
    If you sell UO items for R.L. $$$, you need to quit playing UO , and get a BETTER R.L. JOB!
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    It shouldnt.
    Norry said:
    It shouldnt.
    Exactly!
    KHAN said:
    Pawain said:
    Something caused the game to think battle chicken lizards were exploited. Those can't go up slot.

The game thought your Triton was exploited so it went up a slot.  Have to try some on TC to see if this always happens. 
    edited February 2022
    Pawain said:
    KHAN said:
    Pawain said:
    Something caused the game to think battle chicken lizards were exploited. Those can't go up slot.

The game thought your Triton was exploited so it went up a slot.  Have to try some on TC to see if this always happens. 
    @pawain, why, when I got your notifacation, was half of it in Russian? 

This is what I got:

Pawain оставил комментарий в How can a Triton spawn as a 3 slot?

• McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    KHAN said:
    Pawain said:
    KHAN said:
    Pawain said:

@ pawain, why, when I got your notifacation, was half of it in Russian? 

This is what I got:

Pawain оставил комментарий в How can a Triton spawn as a 3 slot?

Careful if Keith thinks you're a rmt seller 
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    edited February 2022
     :D

In the middle of posting I accidentally pressed the language thing at the bottom of the page and the forum went to the main page.  Surprised me also.  It is back to English. Using my phone.

Now I am re reading this post with a bad Russian accent....
    Pawain said:

In the middle of posting I accidentally pressed the language thing at the bottom of the page and the forum went to the main page.  Surprised me also.  It is back to English. Using my phone.

Lol i do it a lot on my phone!
    Pawain said:

Gotcha! LOL
    I took some and bought some on TC.  This is the highest stat one.  It is darn good for building.

It started at 2 slot.  I clicked the training button, went to Crazy mage and trained it to 50%.  Then took it to the pet gate and made it 100%.  It stayed at 2 slots.  I selected training, it stayed at 2 slots until I added something.

Whew nothing wrong.

Wish I could get that one on LS on first try.
    temp.bmp 123.6K
    Pawain said:
    I took some and bought some on TC.  This is the highest stat one.  It is darn good for building.

It started at 2 slot.  I clicked the training button, went to Crazy mage and trained it to 50%.  Then took it to the pet gate and made it 100%.  It stayed at 2 slots.  I selected training, it stayed at 2 slots until I added something.

Whew nothing wrong.

Wish I could get that one on LS on first try.
    I was bored and popped about 80 statues I had laying around. The one shown was about the 70th one I popped. I also popped and kept a couple over 80%. I will check them to see if they are 2 slot ones. I never bothered to check, because they are ALL supposed to be 2 slot pets when popped.
  • SethSeth Posts: 2,904
    Must be a bug. Currently new bugs are light years away from debugging.
    If it ain't broke, don't fix it. 
    ESRB warning: Some Blood. LOTS of Alcohol. Some Violence. LOTS of Bugs
    @Kyronix @Bleak Anyone want to take a look at it? It is on TC and ATL
    Update: After @Mesanna looked at the pet, she said that apparently really high "stat/percentage" Tritons CAN spawn as a 3 slot. While I thank her for looking at it, it WAS of course, news to me. I have popped several over 85% that were 2 slot pets, but the 91% one was too much. But that is what I was told anyway. Oh well, I can quit buying Tritons to search for the PERFECT one. 
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,151
    So did she fix it or are you stuck with a 3 slot?
    keven2002 said:
    So did she fix it or are you stuck with a 3 slot?
    Stuck with it :(
    Interesting. So basically you do not want a Triton to spawn above a certain intensity (let's call it 90%) because it would be 3 slot and in turn will make for a severely weaker final product (assuming you can train up a Triton from a 2 slot to be stronger than a fresh pop 3 slot)?
    keven2002 said:
    Interesting. So basically you do not want a Triton to spawn above a certain intensity (let's call it 90%) because it would be 3 slot and in turn will make for a severely weaker final product (assuming you can train up a Triton from a 2 slot to be stronger than a fresh pop 3 slot)?
    Exactly! For a pet that you have to "buy" with points, hoping for a nice one, but NOT TOO NICE, makes zero sense!!! The pets that can spawn at different slots have noticably different stats (like 200 STR different) I difference of, say, 3-5 STR and 3-5 HP should have ZERO effect on the slots. The more I think about it, the less I feel that I was given a correct answer!
    The only thing I would add here though is that based on the wildfire ostard they could only decrease the slot count it if it lost some stats (ie weakened).

So it sounds like maybe this would fall into that category of "if it has X combination of stats it bumps up a slot"? At least that's what Kyronix was saying back around the time they were tweaking the WF Ozzies... that said it's kind of hard to believe the Devs "can't" just change the slot when I see them rocking glacier armor or a staff with 100% of every single mod which is impossible to obtain. But who knows maybe it would break something.
    IF it's "advertised" as  a 2 slot it should spawn as a 2  slot end of story we just continue to accept subpar work..
    McDougle said:
    IF it's "advertised" as  a 2 slot it should spawn as a 2  slot end of story we just continue to accept subpar work..
    *Liked*
    edited March 2022
    I Wish I would have known that the REALLY nice one's could/would spawn as a 3 slot before I spent 4-6 plat on Triton Statues (over time)!! ROFL @Mesanna @Bleak @Kyronix did y'all really even test this to see? Much less make everyone aware that they spawned as different slot pets? Again, while I appreciate the time taken to look at it. I DO feel that the answer I was given was nothing more than a guess. The bottom line, they shouldn't spawn as different slots unless there is a HUGE difference in stats.
  • TimTim Posts: 796
    Just because I'm in a bad mood I have to ask

Exactly were did Broadsword "advertise" how many slots any pet is? 
    I can't seem to find that info on any pet on the official wiki. 
    All in all, not a good interaction. Also a good indicator of what paying customers can expect in the future.
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    McDougle said:
    liked
  • ArchangelArchangel Posts: 460
    Tim said:
    Just because I'm in a bad mood I have to ask

Exactly were did Broadsword "advertise" how many slots any pet is? 
    I can't seem to find that info on any pet on the official wiki. 
    also a good question! Where is it advertised? not in the Black Market page
    It is in the patch notes when it came out. 2 => 5.

I have seen a lot of high intensity ones on traders hall and in game. They were all 2 slot. First time someone has posted about one starting at 3.