Provo Mastery and Drop Events

So last night I was informed that healing is counted towards the drop rate in EM events. I main a  4x 120 bard and, so my damage output is generally considered low, although I enhance everyone's damage with discordance and, greatly enhance (58% DI + 15% Damage Mod, 22% SDI, 22% HCI) my own party's (including pet's damage).

If a bard is running the Provo Mastery Invigorate spellsong, and they are constantly healing their entire party of 8 players + pets, does all that healing get counted for the drop rewards, or is it only direct healing by bandages and spells?

Comments

• MerusMerus Posts: 656
    I can tell you the healing from the mastery is counted towards some pack drops.  At least two that I have confirmed personally are Exodus drops and power scrolls doing champ spawns.

While I can’t speak to the behind the scenes mechanics for EM event drops, it would seem likely that it works the same way.

That said, I think it is going to be tough to reach the threshold needed with healing only from the bard song.  I know my bard is hit and miss getting credit even doing exodus with a smaller group.
  • NorryNorry Posts: 515
    Provo master helps, peace does not for credit. Also credit is sharef for the party for healing and damage, so they are helping you get drops/credit for a drop. Sometimes my party will get 2+ drops,sometimes none, but most times its 1 drop. Regens do not count(peace, refresh from spellweaving).
    Damage taken counts
    Damage done counts
    Healing counts.
  • Does resurrecting other players count towards drops? It's a mighty big heal and should be awarded extra points in my opinion. 
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Anon is mystic/bard healing and buffing really all he does and i have always gotten drops and looting rights but like damaging it's something you gotta do...
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
    Does resurrecting other players count towards drops?
    I dont know.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,097
    edited February 2022
    Does resurrecting other players count towards drops? It's a mighty big heal and should be awarded extra points in my opinion. 
    No.  And healing them after does not count.  Have to heal boss damage before they die.

Would be a nifty way to get credit.  Have 1 account do res and heal on other accounts who run in and die over and over.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,305
    Thought resurrecting, dying, and killing all counted towards getting drops.  At the last event, Hythloth, dying seemed to do the trick.  I usually do all three at these events so I could not say for sure, and don’t think developers would say much about this but thought I had read at different times resurrecting dead players and dying counted towards getting drops in at least some of the events and I did feel at times that doing these things did improve my drop rate.

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,097
    Arnold7 said:
    Thought resurrecting, dying, and killing all counted towards getting drops.  At the last event, Hythloth, dying seemed to do the trick.  I usually do all three at these events so I could not say for sure, and don’t think developers would say much about this but thought I had read at different times resurrecting dead players and dying counted towards getting drops in at least some of the events and I did feel at times that doing these things did improve my drop rate.

This post is specifically about EM events.

Damaging the boss.
    Healing damage the boss has done.
    Taking damage.

You got points from taking damage.

I and others have done EM events and the only thing we did was die, and get a drop.

If you are on the contributor list you have a chance for a drop.

Someone made a thread about how the "points from EM events" add up and give that toon higher chance at the next event.

I think if you do 4 or 5 you get a drop if not sooner.

Norry or @Drakelord should be able to tell you how often they get drops if they want to divulge that information.

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    I have 4 accounts i pay for,and develooed characters on 13 shards on each account(12 american and europa) i usually get at least 1(more often than 50%, less than 75%) drop from each shard(rotating on my accounts, since they are partied, credit is shared). Certain shards i get more on. Shards like catskills, i tend to get less. It depends on the bosses.

Some ems do valorite eles, where tamers and caster cannot get credit, some dont.

Even then, if you do or dont get a drop, the storiea can be fun. On cats, we ade going back and forth with being good guys or bad guys.