KYRONIX, is it possible to get on Test Server a "SetLuck" command for Luck testing purposes ?

13»

Comments

• he speaks for himself and NOT the players. 100% does not represent me or my interests in the game 

He also limps from skill to skill looking at ways to troll the boards. He obviously gets a rise from annoying people, and I am so glad the Devs pay no attention to him.

As per advice in another thread I will learn from this and like the Devs, ignore this stupidity

How about we all do this and he may just go away :)
  • MargeMarge Posts: 721
    popps said:
    Tjalle said:
    keven2002 said:

I think it's funny that you would rather tell me about my argument rather than defending your own... that should tell everyone what they need to know. 

What am I, on trial? Why would I need to "defend" anything? And to whom?

I see this from time to time here where certain posters act like some self-proclaimed judges that others have to convince in order to make a suggestion to the devs.
    Well, guess what? You´re not.

keven2002 said:

I'll tell you my point since you inaccurately tried to tell me what my argument is. Btw it kind of seems like you'd rather get your feelings hurt instead of actually take a step back and think about what I'm saying. 

Oh, so you didn´t suggest I should craft my luck suit on TC?

keven2002 said:

I don't think it's worth any of the Devs time to make this change because it doesn't translate to a production shard. That is essentially the entire point that you are missing.

What you or anyone else think about the devs' time is irrelevant.
    Why? Because you´re not a dev. They are big enough to make their own decisions.

keven2002 said:

The ironic thing here is that part of your argument is that making the suit "takes hours" but what do you think is going to happen once you set your luck? You just go out and kill 5-10 things and that's a complete data set? As you say, you don't go to TC1 "to waste time". Come on now. If anything creating your luck suit is going to be the quickest thing to do.

What I would do with my luck command and my time is my business.
    What I can say is this, I´d rather "waste my time" testing than prepping for a test.

So the more tools we can get on TC that would help with that is only positive.

keven2002 said:

Inevitably someone will say "SetLuck to 1234" or 6000 or some other non-attainable number on a production shard and say that is "the sweet spot"... and then make post after post here on the forums or email that these values need to be allowed on Prod shards. That is why you should need to craft whatever it is because you need to stay in bounds of a realistic value from a Prod shard. Or as @ Victim_Of_Siege says; typically if you are going to have luck on your suit it's at the expense of other mods. So to realistically have 2k luck means you are sacrificing something else. Walking around in your max stat sampire suit with 4k luck (before honor / Fel comes into play) isn't realistic for prod shards either.

You are making a problem out of something that is not a problem.
    The concept is quite simple. You set a luck value and then you test that luck value.

If someone wants to test 20000 luck and then not being able to attain that value on their own shard then that´s their problem. For anyone with a brain that would not be an issue.
    But hey, if it helps, put a cap on the luck command so it represents what´s attainable on prodo.

keven2002 said:

I also think it's just going to cause more issues than solutions for people understanding how luck works because what many people fail to realize (or ignore) is that loot and luck are both RNG based so it's not only about what your luck is, it's also about what you are killing and what's being rolled... for each kill. Even then when you do that for hours on end, you are still going to get some varying results and this is where people are going to complain yet again something like "well we should know that if we kill X so many times we will get the piece we want after Y tries guaranteed". 

So in a nutshell, in case I lost anyone within my explanation of my argument, I think setting luck would simply be more work for the Devs which in return would only give them more (unproven) complaints from the handful of people who are too dense/lazy to understand how the multiple layers of RNG applies to loot/luck.Basically after they kill 5 things with 4000 luck and don't get "l33t" gear they are going to hop on this forum and create a thread saying "WHY IS LUCK BROKEN". These are the people that really just want to do away with RNG all together and make a fixed loot table for each monster (ie kill a hyrda and get a 10 SSI 35DI ring every time); that way they "can win UO". 

Thank you for your feedback.
    I agree on all that you say, but I would like to particularly stress these words that you used : 

Now, why do these words come as important ones to me ?

Because, and I think this is under the eyes of pretty much most if not all of the usual Posters of these official UO Forums, my Threads, unusually, and quite too frequently, end up being locked because certain posters, usually recurrent ones, start being aggressive towards me, my opinions and suggestions about Ultima Online in those threads and start asking to the Moderators to lock my threads.

Now, I am always polite, never attack any fellow poster and always discuss things pertaining to Ultima Online.

Sure, I can understand that the points of views and opinions about the game might be disagreed by some, but the amount of aggressiveness towards my posts is unusually significant and, yet, my threads get locked...

Now, "why" so much insistence on wanting my Threads to get Locked, I started wondering ?

Well, perhaps, just perhaps, because other players of UO do not want any of what I am trying to discuss about on these Forums and suggest to see in Ultima Online, to be seen by the Developers and thus have a chance to, perhaps, make it to the game one day ?

The words of a Moderator of these Official UO Forums here https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/71132/#Comment_71132 in closure to yet another Thread of mine getting locked, might be insightfull here...

Ask yourself exactly what terms of service rule a post breaks before you ask for a lock. Things that seem disagreeable are not necessarily breaking any of the rules of this forum. How many voices do you want to silence?

"How many voices do you want to silence ? "......

Well, if that is the concern of those Posters who so much want to see my Threads get Locked so that Developers were not to see them, I would like to stress your words and repeat : " They are big enough to make their own decisions".

Rather then asking my Threads to get Locked, let the Developers see them and decide by themselves, whether any of what I might be saying is, or not worthy, to THEIR opinion, of making into Ultima Online.

I was reading this post while eating a sandwich. One thing I noticed with popps threads is that there is always a post or two with extremely long gray box of quotes. I wondered how long can the quote box can go before it tells you " My God Human EDIT THIS!" or just breaks the forum. So, if this thread stays open through the night, I think I will just test it out - since this is a thread loosely based on testing. If any one else is bored, go ahead quote this post and tell us about your UO day. Since it is too muddy to mess with parades, I spent the day mining some saltpeter. I maybe switch to fishing later.
    Marge said:
    popps said:
    Tjalle said:
    keven2002 said:

I think it's funny that you would rather tell me about my argument rather than defending your own... that should tell everyone what they need to know. 

I see this from time to time here where certain posters act like some self-proclaimed judges that others have to convince in order to make a suggestion to the devs.

keven2002 said:

I'll tell you my point since you inaccurately tried to tell me what my argument is. Btw it kind of seems like you'd rather get your feelings hurt instead of actually take a step back and think about what I'm saying. 

keven2002 said:

I don't think it's worth any of the Devs time to make this change because it doesn't translate to a production shard. That is essentially the entire point that you are missing.

keven2002 said:

The ironic thing here is that part of your argument is that making the suit "takes hours" but what do you think is going to happen once you set your luck? You just go out and kill 5-10 things and that's a complete data set? As you say, you don't go to TC1 "to waste time". Come on now. If anything creating your luck suit is going to be the quickest thing to do.

What I can say is this, I´d rather "waste my time" testing than prepping for a test.

keven2002 said:

Inevitably someone will say "SetLuck to 1234" or 6000 or some other non-attainable number on a production shard and say that is "the sweet spot"... and then make post after post here on the forums or email that these values need to be allowed on Prod shards. That is why you should need to craft whatever it is because you need to stay in bounds of a realistic value from a Prod shard. Or as @ Victim_Of_Siege says; typically if you are going to have luck on your suit it's at the expense of other mods. So to realistically have 2k luck means you are sacrificing something else. Walking around in your max stat sampire suit with 4k luck (before honor / Fel comes into play) isn't realistic for prod shards either.

The concept is quite simple. You set a luck value and then you test that luck value.

If someone wants to test 20000 luck and then not being able to attain that value on their own shard then that´s their problem. For anyone with a brain that would not be an issue.
    But hey, if it helps, put a cap on the luck command so it represents what´s attainable on prodo.

keven2002 said:

I also think it's just going to cause more issues than solutions for people understanding how luck works because what many people fail to realize (or ignore) is that loot and luck are both RNG based so it's not only about what your luck is, it's also about what you are killing and what's being rolled... for each kill. Even then when you do that for hours on end, you are still going to get some varying results and this is where people are going to complain yet again something like "well we should know that if we kill X so many times we will get the piece we want after Y tries guaranteed". 

So in a nutshell, in case I lost anyone within my explanation of my argument, I think setting luck would simply be more work for the Devs which in return would only give them more (unproven) complaints from the handful of people who are too dense/lazy to understand how the multiple layers of RNG applies to loot/luck.Basically after they kill 5 things with 4000 luck and don't get "l33t" gear they are going to hop on this forum and create a thread saying "WHY IS LUCK BROKEN". These are the people that really just want to do away with RNG all together and make a fixed loot table for each monster (ie kill a hyrda and get a 10 SSI 35DI ring every time); that way they "can win UO". 

I agree on all that you say, but I would like to particularly stress these words that you used : 

Because, and I think this is under the eyes of pretty much most if not all of the usual Posters of these official UO Forums, my Threads, unusually, and quite too frequently, end up being locked because certain posters, usually recurrent ones, start being aggressive towards me, my opinions and suggestions about Ultima Online in those threads and start asking to the Moderators to lock my threads.

Now, I am always polite, never attack any fellow poster and always discuss things pertaining to Ultima Online.

Sure, I can understand that the points of views and opinions about the game might be disagreed by some, but the amount of aggressiveness towards my posts is unusually significant and, yet, my threads get locked...

Now, "why" so much insistence on wanting my Threads to get Locked, I started wondering ?

Well, perhaps, just perhaps, because other players of UO do not want any of what I am trying to discuss about on these Forums and suggest to see in Ultima Online, to be seen by the Developers and thus have a chance to, perhaps, make it to the game one day ?

The words of a Moderator of these Official UO Forums here https://forum.uo.com/discussion/comment/71132/#Comment_71132 in closure to yet another Thread of mine getting locked, might be insightfull here...

Ask yourself exactly what terms of service rule a post breaks before you ask for a lock. Things that seem disagreeable are not necessarily breaking any of the rules of this forum. How many voices do you want to silence?

Well, if that is the concern of those Posters who so much want to see my Threads get Locked so that Developers were not to see them, I would like to stress your words and repeat : " They are big enough to make their own decisions".

Rather then asking my Threads to get Locked, let the Developers see them and decide by themselves, whether any of what I might be saying is, or not worthy, to THEIR opinion, of making into Ultima Online.

I was reading this post while eating a sandwich. One thing I noticed with popps threads is that there is always a post or two with extremely long gray box of quotes. I wondered how long can the quote box can go before it tells you " My God Human EDIT THIS!" or just breaks the forum. So, if this thread stays open through the night, I think I will just test it out - since this is a thread loosely based on testing. If any one else is bored, go ahead quote this post and tell us about your UO day. Since it is too muddy to mess with parades, I spent the day mining some saltpeter. I maybe switch to fishing later.

Hmm that post may have been the limit. Seems that it starts hiding some of the quotes and
    That one really did it - it cut off the rest of my post. Well, this was a nice distraction - back to mining.  As always - IBTL. (Although I may have caused the lock this time.)
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,113
    Marge said:
    popps said:
    Tjalle said:
    keven2002 said:

keven2002 said:

keven2002 said:

keven2002 said:

keven2002 said:

keven2002 said:

The difference is, you actually did mining and will go fishing.  He does not do anything and finish.

He hears from some place about doing something and then wants to change how it is done even tho he has no clue how it is done and has not done it himself.

It's amazing how we have fished and mined and made luck suits and done BODs all these years by just doing what is required to do those things.

So if YOU want to provide feedback for one of the things you actually do, it would be received much better.

Luckily the devs are not going to make a bunch of easy buttons for players who don't do stuff.

But for your forum testing,  yes it does not show all the quotes, you have to open the previous ones as needed.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    Pawain said:
    Marge said:
    popps said:
    Tjalle said:
    keven2002 said:

keven2002 said:

keven2002 said:

keven2002 said:

keven2002 said:

keven2002 said:

The difference is, you actually did mining and will go fishing.  He does not do anything and finish.

He hears from some place about doing something and then wants to change how it is done even tho he has no clue how it is done and has not done it himself.

It's amazing how we have fished and mined and made luck suits and done BODs all these years by just doing what is required to do those things.

So if YOU want to provide feedback for one of the things you actually do, it would be received much better.

Luckily the devs are not going to make a bunch of easy buttons for players who don't do stuff.

But for your forum testing,  yes it does not show all the quotes, you have to open the previous ones as needed.
    In popps defense i have seen his tamer decked out in wildfire mask etc and seen his as he calls it swinger in action..
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,113
    edited February 2022
    McDougle said:
    Pawain said:
    Marge said:
    popps said:
    Tjalle said:
    keven2002 said:

keven2002 said:

keven2002 said:

keven2002 said:

keven2002 said:

keven2002 said:

In popps defense i have seen his tamer decked out in wildfire mask etc and seen his as he calls it swinger in action..
    Good he won't be complaining about the new events being too difficult for him.  You need a longer reply next time.  I am not wordy enough.

These quotes are getting pretty long before you hit post.  Marge is gonna break the forum!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 3,742
    I would think that talking about popps swinger would be enough to break the internet itself  ;)
    Acknowledgment and accountability go a long way... 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,987Moderator
    Once again a thread has generated so much negative feeling that the only thing I can really do to stop the rot is lock it. I will leave it to the developers to decide if this unusual idea has any merit.
This discussion has been closed.