Is there a way to cut a lot of hides to make them into leather?

Is there a way to cut a lot of hides to make them into leather?  I have about 30 thousand hides that I would like to turn into leather for my crafter but doing 100 at a time will take a while to do.

Comments

  • NorryNorry Posts: 481
    Make a macro in the EC, and jam a coin in the keyboard while ya make a sammich
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 1,122
    You used to be able to use a knife (or maybe scissors) to target the stack of leather hides on the ground and then pick the stack up and use a macro for last object / last target and it would turn them into cut hides. Not sure if that works anymore though
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,076Moderator
    keven2002 said:
    You used to be able to use a knife (or maybe scissors) to target the stack of leather hides on the ground and then pick the stack up and use a macro for last object / last target and it would turn them into cut hides. Not sure if that works anymore though

    It doesn't. That was fixed several years ago.
    It's rare for anyone to collect hides now, with the butcher's war cleaver or harvesters blade returning cut leather straight to the back pack.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 6,014
    Mariah said:
    keven2002 said:
    You used to be able to use a knife (or maybe scissors) to target the stack of leather hides on the ground and then pick the stack up and use a macro for last object / last target and it would turn them into cut hides. Not sure if that works anymore though

    It doesn't. That was fixed several years ago.
    It's rare for anyone to collect hides now, with the butcher's war cleaver or harvesters blade returning cut leather straight to the back pack.
    Maybe a statue that gives hides. The stump gives logs. Which sux.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 1,122
    edited January 21
    New Huntsman Reward(s)!!

    Refined resource maker. Basically you put the raw material in (all except ore) and it converts it over to the refined resource. So something like a "Log refiner" or lathe or take 1 type of logs at a time (ie 1 stack of frostwood) and would convert it over to frostwood boards.

    **Edit - They could make each resource have their own refiner to spread out the reward picks. So one for boards / hides / cloth (am I missing anything else??)
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 2,822
    keven2002 said:
    New Huntsman Reward(s)!!

    Refined resource maker. Basically you put the raw material in (all except ore) and it converts it over to the refined resource. So something like a "Log refiner" or lathe or take 1 type of logs at a time (ie 1 stack of frostwood) and would convert it over to frostwood boards.

    **Edit - They could make each resource have their own refiner to spread out the reward picks. So one for boards / hides / cloth (am I missing anything else??)
    Or vet reward. Tanner bench drop hides onto turns to cut leather 
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,432
    McDougle said:
    keven2002 said:
    New Huntsman Reward(s)!!

    Refined resource maker. Basically you put the raw material in (all except ore) and it converts it over to the refined resource. So something like a "Log refiner" or lathe or take 1 type of logs at a time (ie 1 stack of frostwood) and would convert it over to frostwood boards.

    **Edit - They could make each resource have their own refiner to spread out the reward picks. So one for boards / hides / cloth (am I missing anything else??)
    Or vet reward. Tanner bench drop hides onto turns to cut leather 
    Tanner bench would be cool
    have a small crate on it
    that you can drop in a stack of 60K
    cuts them all at once

    something like that would be cool for lumberjacking
    I bought some deeds a few years ago
    not realizing they were logs
    & it is a pain having to put them in your backpack to chop
    or I use them when I run out of regular boards.
  • poppspopps Posts: 2,926
    What I would really LOVE to have, is a Veteran's Reward that was a "work bench" which, when locked down, could take unlimited resources (like any containers currently does), but, in addition, as the suggested "tanner bench", also convert "raw" Resources into processed ones like logs into wood boards, hides into leather and so forth.

    AND, most importantly, that it was accessable by a Crafter without the need to move the resources onto the crafters' Main backpack but, instead, so that the Crafter could use tools on any Resource placed in this Work bench....

    It would be usefull, if it was also possible to load a large number of crafter's tool on this enhanced Work Bench.

    This would permit to filling BODs way more conveniently and better since the Crafter would just enter the number of items needed for that Bulk Order Deed, no need to drag and move tools or resources into the backpack, and when those items have been crafted, fill up the BOD book.

    It would save up so much time that it would be a dream come true.

    And no, it would NOT help out scripters since there is ALREADY scripts that exist now, which automate the entire crafting process moving resources from containers to the character's backpack as they finish up....

    Scipters can ALREADY automate the process pretty much AFK, such a work bench, would help the "legit" players who do not want to use cheats or scripts to, at least, be able not to waste so much of their time when having to do BODs in large numbers....

    @Kyronix , can such a dream please be made true at least for next Year's Veteran's Rewards, if it is too late for this Year's ?

    Thank you SO much !!
  • Mariah said:
    keven2002 said:
    You used to be able to use a knife (or maybe scissors) to target the stack of leather hides on the ground and then pick the stack up and use a macro for last object / last target and it would turn them into cut hides. Not sure if that works anymore though

    It doesn't. That was fixed several years ago.
    It's rare for anyone to collect hides now, with the butcher's war cleaver or harvesters blade returning cut leather straight to the back pack.

    Harvester's Blade also gives +10% to resources gathered, which stacks multiplicatively with the +10% bonus that Humans have as a racial. You also get double resources in Fel. An Elf/Gargoyle would harvest 40 Barbed Leather from a White Wyrm in Fel with a Butcher's War Cleaver, or 44 with a Harvester's Blade. A Human would harvest 50 Barbed Leather from a White Wyrm in Fel with a Harvester's Blade.
    The only "downside" (depending on what you're after) is that the Harvester's Blade also places EVERYTHING butchered from a corpse into your pack. Cuts of Raw Meat/Raw Chicken, Dragon Scales, Dragon's Blood, Fur, Feathers, etc. Frequently having to hop off my Giant Beetle and feed him a fat stack of Raw Meat to get it out of my pack.

    I usually use my Human Macer for farming Leather, and usually in Fel when possible. Farm Polar Bears on Fel Ice Isle for 40 Leather per. Lizmen in Fel Despise for 32 Spined Leather per (Lvl 1 Tokuno Champ Spawn works too). High Plains Bouras for 25 Horned Leather per (side bonus of Boura Pelts/Skins, and Dragon's Blood). White Wyrms in Fel Ice for 50 Barbed Leather per.
  • McDougleMcDougle Posts: 2,822
    Pirating still the best method of collecting any resource.....
  • TimStTimSt Posts: 1,430
    edited January 22
    McDougle said:
    Pirating still the best method of collecting any resource.....
    That is how I got most of my hides. I should have cut them after taking them from the chests instead of just taking them home and dumping them into a bag to be cut up later.  It is now later and I have too many hides to easily cut up.
  • McDougle said:
    Pirating still the best method of collecting any resource.....

    Ingots and Wood, yes. Leather? No. Any of the methods i listed yield more Leather far faster.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 1,122
    McDougle said:
    Pirating still the best method of collecting any resource.....

    Ingots and Wood, yes. Leather? No. Any of the methods i listed yield more Leather far faster.
    Agreed - Finding NPC ships can be tricky (plus the time it takes to scuttle) and when you do the number of hides varies and very often (for me at least) yield 0 hides but even if you get 200 barbed hides; that's just 4 WW in Fel which take all of 5min on the slow side. Good advice @PlayerSkillFTW
Sign In or Register to comment.