Castle contest can be rigged -- heres how

2»

Comments

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,052
    edited January 2022
    With or without this issue, the contest can still be rigged.  There are people with enough accounts/friends/guildies/plat to sway the numbers.  Just glad I don't have a castle/keep nor ever want one (unless they are customisable).

Was a bad idea from the start, just my opinion and I stick by it.
    Go ahead and stick with that.  The multi account holders did not come in 1 to 3 place.  The 3 winners have 1 or just a couple of accounts.  The vote winners won.   

I saw no bad designs in the top 20.

Was a very good contest.  Can't wait to see the ones for Keeps!
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • I'd say it could potentially have a trigger that when it's being traded to another account it reverts back to a classic castle and the token reappears in the owners backpack.
    Can you trade a house with a lot of stuff in the moving crate?  People a lot of times sell Castles/Keeps with items in them and when you change a Castle/Keep all your stuff goes into the moving crate.  Its not a bad idea of the Token but maybe the 3000 Sov range if it does not cover the cost of the tiles.  Converting a Castle/Keep currently is not a gold sink because you get your gold back if you drop it and under your suggestion you said gold sink so you do not get the gold back from customizing.

There are many ways they could do it. I think the simplest would be a second token or menu option, in addition to the customization token, that you pay a lot of in-game gold for that gives you access to the tiles. Then it's non-refundable. You just always have those tiles available when using the customization token. But it would be very expensive and optional to purchase.
  • RorschachRorschach Posts: 506Moderator
    Some comments have been removed. :|
  • BenBen Posts: 208
    edited February 2022
    Rorschach said:
    Some comments have been removed. :|
    I had a little squirt say that once in front of me...once. Peculiar thing little squirts. I prefer hearin what a man has to say, whether I agree with it or not. Man had some good points from the Asian shards perspective to share, Bart. God, help us if anyone heard what duh asia man, got to say. They only make up, what, 30 percent of all UO gamers, huh?