When did you start playing UO? How long have you been playing?

Ultima Online Twitter/X - https://twitter.com/UOTownCryer
Ultima Online Instagram - https://www.instagram.com/uotowncryer/
Ultima Online Twitch - https://www.twitch.tv/uofenneko
E-mail: uo.fenneko@gmail.com

Comments

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,368
    I started playing October 2000 with a character on my younger son's account. My husband had a character on my older son's account until December 2000 when we got our own account shared between us. I've been here ever since. I'll probably be here until either UO dies or I do. Not taking any bets on which happens first.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,162
    I started at the average computer gamers age at that time which was 35.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • Noname_2022Noname_2022 Posts: 9
    January of 2000. I was 32years old at the time...
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,286
    Main #1 6/10/98  312 months
    Main #2 10/6/01  270 months
    44 years old, son got me hooked
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,435
    A friend of mine showed me uo in mid/ late 98
    I was a nation wide superintendent at the time and I was build 2 outlet centers in El Paso Texas bored in a hotel room so I gave it a try.
    I later got my own account in 3/99 and a second in 9/99 and Ive been addicted/ hooked ever since. I did give away my oldest account and cancelled the other for a few years while I was in the army and then re-subed shortly after . my oldest accounts are only 240 and 238 months ;( 
    I was able to recover my 9/99 account its only 172 months.  

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,810
    edited May 8
    I started playing UO soon after it came out but let my account laps but then I took interest in the game again and have had an active account for almost 23 years.  But I began my Ultima journey with Ultima 1 back in 1983 in my senior year at high school.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,330
    I started playing around Halloween five years ago with a EJ account when I was in my seventies.  I had been reading about UO for probably over 20 years, but the two week trial period, the subscription fee, and some of the rules players had to abide by in the early days just turned me off.  But I had played the UO standalone games and had really liked those.

A few years after I retired, I finally took the plunge and got an EJ account.  I was pleasantly amazed to find other players my age playing the game.  Never thought I would be playing with other adults, much less players near my age.  It also surprised me how little in game help the game provided.  

Was really at a turning point deciding whether to stay or go after a few months.  Having to stop doing whatever I was doing so I could take my horse to a veterinarian numerous times every night to get it raised was really starting to frustrate me.  Then while in the New Haven mine I met a player that provided me with some good advice and actually gave me an ethereal horse.  Could not believe she gave me that especially when I found out what they sold for.  But, it made all the difference.  I subscribed about a month or two later.  Never really saw her again.  Regretted that I never got to tell her how much of a difference the horse had made for me.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,872
    YARN  A long time ago in a galaxy far far away  Star Wars Episode IV  - A New Hope 1977  Video gifs by quotes  d6e64ffd
    A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,162
    YARN  A long time ago in a galaxy far far away  Star Wars Episode IV  - A New Hope 1977  Video gifs by quotes  d6e64ffd
    Mothers maiden name Amidala?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    Pawain said:
    Mothers maiden name Amidala?
    Sartha

ya im think a password reset is in order ;)
    edited May 9
    Skett said:
    ya im think a password reset is in order ;)
    You mean VaderRulez123 isn't secure??

:D
  • NyreNyre Posts: 47
    I started when I was 24  and quit  when I was thirty   Came back when I was 40 years old and still playing today.  Even though I am starting to feel burnt out right now.
  • Acid_RainAcid_Rain Posts: 272
    Started playing UO when I was old enuff 2 kno better but young enuff 2 do it anyway...
  • SirBoloSirBolo Posts: 13
    I started playing in 1998 when I was 21. UO has been with me for more than half of my life now...
  • JackFlashUkJackFlashUk Posts: 934
    edited May 10
    It was around 1999/2000

was working on the first Harry Potter film, I am a fire fighter and was working on my days off and was chatting to a off duty ambulance tech, he described the game in such detail I started playing almost immediately 

sadly, I never saw him again 

I played solo on Blackthorns Revenge, upgraded to AoS to get an house until SE came out, became an idocer after meeting the guild leader of ACG guild. Sold goods to Europa shop owners then was introduced to WoY guild when I bought a house in Homare Jima and have played with them ever since

Quit twice, and when I came back they had moved shard, now I have 3 accts with fully trained chars on 3 shards with 3 properties 

as stated in another thread. Stygian Abyss and High Seas I am loving right now 

10 months away from them damn shard shields 
  • BenBen Posts: 210
    I began our account so that my daughters could play sometime in late 2000. I think I created my first character on that account in 2001. I was 41 at the time. I do not think I started playing much on it regularly until they grew up and went on to college a few years later. I closed the account for a few years after 2012, and only started it up again in late 2019. I have been a lot more interested in the nuances of the game this time around.