Can't stack item in container when container is full

looploop Posts: 319
in Bugs
Ran into this on EC in grid mod. Not sure if it impacts CC. I'll use a fishing example:

1. Fill your ship's hull to 125 items
2. Drag a stackable item from your backpack on top of an item of the same type (I encountered this with gold where the resulting stack would have been less than 60k)
3. Observe container full message

Expected:

You should be able to stack an item onto the slot even if the container is full

Comments

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,331
    edited May 5
    Take an item out, stack your item and put the item you took out back in.  Has worked that way in EC for chests at least the last three years or so and my backpack as well.  Know it’s a little odd but that’s the way it works.  Would guess it would also work the same way with your ship’s hold.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,375
    That's the way EC works, so it's been that way a heck of a lot longer than 3 years. It may be classed as a bug, but it's hardly game breaking and with everything else the devs have going on I tend to take that one as my responsibility to take something out of the pack so that it can stack. 
    I'm probably odd, but I tend to dislike reporting of these minor inconvenient bugs pushing more important ones off the bottom of the page.
  • looploop Posts: 319
    Section is for bugs. We post bugs here.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,218
    edited May 5
    I'm not 100% sure on it (maybe like 90%?) but I think most containers work this way where if you have the max items in there, you can't add to existing stacks. This is definitely true for cannons because I had that happen a few days ago when I was out doing beacons; it doesn't allow for me to add anything unless I remove one of the components from the cannon.

I agree it's not the most user friendly thing, but I'm not sure if the Dev team would consider this a bug.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,170
    edited May 5
    keven2002 said:
    I'm not 100% sure on it (maybe like 90%?) but I think most containers work this way where if you have the max items in there, you can't add to existing stacks. This is definitely true for cannons because I had that happen a few days ago when I was out doing beacons; it doesn't allow for me to add anything unless I remove one of the components from the cannon.

I agree it's not the most user friendly thing, but I'm not sure if the Dev team would consider this a bug.
    Put items on the cannon and drop.  Cant add by opening gump if 3 items are there.

Yes all containers that have 125 items can not hold another item even if it would stack with something inside.  Not new containers have always been that way.  Probably can not change this.  

Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.