Scrolls of Alacrity & Scrolls of Transcendence Books

LeBaitonLeBaiton Posts: 64
edited May 4 in General Discussions
Hi devs,

It's been 7 years since we last had a chance to obtain SoA and SoT books from the 20th Anniversary Tokens. Would you perhaps consider making these available again in some way or form? Maybe on a future event vendor, or perhaps through the Cleanup Britannia collection pool?

Regarding the Cleanup Britannia collection pool: why are SoT worth collection points, but SoA aren't?

Comments

• MariahMariah Posts: 3,012Moderator
    Scrolls of Alacrity are one of the items you can claim for points, I would imagine that is the reason they can't be turned in for them.
  • LeBaitonLeBaiton Posts: 64
    edited May 4
    Mariah said:
    Scrolls of Alacrity are one of the items you can claim for points, I would imagine that is the reason they can't be turned in for them.
    Ahh, but to prevent abuse you could just make a SoA worth 500 cleanup points, same as t-map marties they introduced in P67 (Runed Sash of Warding, Surge Shield, Mana Phasing Orb)?

SoA from the Cleanup Britannia collection cost 20.000 points to pick.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,330
    edited May 4
    Would like to see both books made available to players again, or as player rewards.  Don’t quite understand UO’s philosophy of making routine things players need available from just a few players that were playing seven years ago.  See this kind of thing alot.  Invasion slayer books and jewelry boxes are other good good examples.

Guess I would have to say don’t understand the logic behind having no cleanup points for SOA’s.  I have several books full of these.  A few are worth gold on vendors but a lot off them are worthless.
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,160
    Love this thread, we need more things to hold the things we keep but have no value. So, make those worthless things we keep have cleanup value, so no one can have them. 

I guess I should put some of these books on a vendor since they are needed so much.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • creampiecreampie Posts: 84
    really no need soa book cost like 100k on vendor search and sot book you still can get them buy buying holiday gift ticket often at 300-400k
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,330
    Maybe on Atlantic you can get them for less than 1 million.   Trans books go for about 4 million on my shard and I think the blue ones maybe about a million.  Have not priced the blue ones for awhile though I know they sell for less than the trans. books.
  • Victim_Of_SiegeVictim_Of_Siege Posts: 1,870
    edited May 4
    This is just part of my stash on one of the three shards i Hoard, err, I mean I play on. and somewhere is a bag with about 15 of each of the books that i was giving to Tyrath. He quit before i could get them to him. Not sure i can handle more stuff to hoard . . .   That being said, if anyone needs a book about any shard, let me know and i'll check.

A Goblin, a Gargoyle, and a Drow walk into a bar . . .

Never be afraid to challenge the status quo

Maybe to reflect on nostalgia.  We see how many people miss the days of player blacksmiths.  There was no way to keep that in the game.  But it was a time when we talked to others, we did things with and for each other.  Maybe the devs left a few pieces of that time in the game.  These books and other things are not necessary to play, but they are nice to have!  Ask in chat on your shard.  I am sure you will find someone to help you with these type items.  Meet at The Brit Smith if you want.  Just don't meet behind the stables in Minoc.

Forum users may have 7 of them on that shard because they collected them and didn't bring them home.
    Pawain said:
    Love this thread, we need more things to hold the things we keep but have no value. So, make those worthless things we keep have cleanup value, so no one can have them. 

I guess I should put some of these books on a vendor since they are needed so much.
    Who hurt you? Do you need a hug?
    creampie said:
    really no need soa book cost like 100k on vendor search and sot book you still can get them buy buying holiday gift ticket often at 300-400k

On Europa there's one SoT book for sale for 3.2m, and two for 25m each.
    edited May 4
    LeBaiton said:
    Pawain said:

Who hurt you? Do you need a hug?
    Call them as I see them.  You the one hurt by a book in a game that you don't have.  Don't deflect your issues onto me.  Have you tried chat? Prob find one in a few mins.

I also feel that those of use who collected those books at the time they were available should benefit from doing that.  Either buy being able to give to new players or selling for gold.

20th anniv tokens are 3.7M on Atlantic, 5M on LS.  I think that is a fair price for holding onto the tokens for 6+ years.
    @LeBaiton I Dug through my Europa backpacks and found these. Let me know if you need any or all of it.

• TimStTimSt Posts: 1,810
    Both books should be craft-able with GM Inscription and not require exotic ingredients like academic books that spawn once a week or require you to defeat a both a named changeling and a peer-less.
    TimSt said:
    Both books should be craft-able with GM Inscription and not require exotic ingredients like academic books that spawn once a week or require you to defeat a both a named changeling and a peer-less.
    I'll agree except for one point. no special ingredients, but do require a recipe that is available from doing BODs

edited May 5
    Pawain said:
    Call them as I see them.  You the one hurt by a book in a game that you don't have.  Don't deflect your issues onto me.  Have you tried chat? Prob find one in a few mins.

I also feel that those of use who collected those books at the time they were available should benefit from doing that.  Either buy being able to give to new players or selling for gold.

20th anniv tokens are 3.7M on Atlantic, 5M on LS.  I think that is a fair price for holding onto the tokens for 6+ years.
    "Call them as I see them", "fair price for holding onto the tokens for 6+ years".

And in this thread you march, tooting your little triumphant "whah-whah" trumpet, thrashing around and making noise about how fair it is that players that still have items from 6+ years ago ask millions for a book that could help players out there to lower their storage.

You run in here assuming I'm greedy by needing to hoard items that are put in books like these, yet I have vendors stuck to the brim with cheap scrolls, vendors that often contain free scrolls on them, because I can, because I share. 

You assume I'm not willing to pay big gold for an item from 6+ years ago, yet I don't have a gold problem at all. I can pay the "fair 6+ price", I just think it's time we had another round of availability. 

So many assumptions on your end, yet you feel compelled to draw your conclusion based on your own assumptions. All of that doesn't make me greedy. All of that doesn't make me a hoarder of items you think I never share or sell. And it doesn't make it a me-problem. I'd say you just really hated looking at the mirror I held up in my earlier post.

But since you're raising a point about unfairness to players who hoarded these tokens in 2017, let me make you aware about the fact that these items started out as Holiday Ticket items in 2011 (original SoT books) and 2013 (original SoA books). So 2011 > 2017, well wouldn't you know it... *gasp*... Six years later!... Look at my perfect timing, 6+ years later!

Now stop assuming you know anything about my motives to post about this. If you want to know why I post about something next time, you can just ask me instead of acting like a spoiled sarcastic idiot. I'd be happy to discuss stuff in an adult fashion.
    @ LeBaiton I Dug through my Europa backpacks and found these. Let me know if you need any or all of it.

You are too kind, however, I'm good! Thank you! <3
    LeBaiton said:
    @ LeBaiton I Dug through my Europa backpacks and found these. Let me know if you need any or all of it.

You are too kind, however, I'm good! Thank you! <3
    My pleasure.