I just had a t-chest location spawn underneath the foundation of a house in Malas

I just had a t-chest location spawn underneath the foundation of a house in Malas. The map was freshly decoded. The house was not put up after the decoding of the map. The chest is not popping up underneath the house sign.

It's been a while since I've had a map for a chest which appears to be underneath the foundation of a house. It's also quite weird that, as far as I knew, there was a fail safe installed to allow chests that spawned under a house to appear underneath a house sign when dug up. I don't remember which publish this was, must be the one where they altered the maps to appear at random spots.

So why is this happening to a fresh decoded map and why can't I dig up the chest underneath the house sign, per the fail save? Or am I remembering the fail save wrong?

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,062
    Put map up let it reset 
  • AmberWitchAmberWitch Posts: 657
    It will reset to a new location in 30 days.
  • LeBaitonLeBaiton Posts: 64
    Grimbeard said:
    Put map up let it reset 

I will, however I do want to know where that fail save feature has gone and why the code apparently still allows for chests to spawn underneath house foundations.

You would expect the code to check if the spot above the coordinates of the chest is occupied by something unreachable, like a tree, a house or anything else.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,330
    Had one a couple months ago I believe was under a house.  I spawned right next to the wall I was digging at.  Maybe it still has to be in range to spawn.  I have 100% cartography so I can be four tiles away from the chest and still dig it up.
    Arnold7 said:
    Had one a couple months ago I believe was under a house.  I spawned right next to the wall I was digging at.  Maybe it still has to be in range to spawn.  I have 100% cartography so I can be four tiles away from the chest and still dig it up.
    Mine's about 3 or 4 tiles underneath the foundation. I keep getting the message that I can't see the location when I start digging, so I guess I don't have a choice but to wait 30 days...
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,330
    edited April 29
    That’s usually a terrain message.  Maybe try different locations if you have not already.  If it still does not work put it back in the locker or lock it down on the floor of your house where you will see it when you log on.  Good luck with it.
    Arnold7 said:
    That’s usually a terrain message.  Maybe try different locations if you have not already.  If it still does not work put it back in the locker or lock it down on the floor of your house where you will see it when you log on.  Good luck with it.
    Tried all around the house. It's a nope. Going to wait for the reset on that one.
    Maybe a dev will see this thread and will look into it. Not counting on it, but a person can dream...
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,160
    edited April 29
    I would get those on the houses near deserts.  I think the reset after 30 days was the fix for all T map problems.  Next map will be fine.  Unless RNG hates U!

I can give maps to players on LS that are in need.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,692
    I find this lot of the time on Atlantic with Trammel maps. about 25% of them have to be reset. Malas maps I might have to put away 5 maps out of every 200.