Hard Decision. Help?

My swordswoman has balron armor, but my archer doesn't. I can't decide whether to get one or not. Here's the comparison. What would you recommend?

Comments

• GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,043
    Doesn't seem worth it to replace mods different but relatively equal 
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 811
    edited April 25
    Bone, studded, and stone armor (without mage armor), you can get LMC3 bonus.
    Plate without mage armor LMC1 bonus.
    Plate provides more stamina protection than bone.

Running at LMC55 should be a goal for most ...  Bone, studded, stone are a key way of getting to that.  Without knowing the other pieces, it's hard to answer your question.  You can also find looted bone, studded, stone that may be superior to the Balron Bone armor.
  • AtomicBettyAtomicBetty Posts: 247
    How can we even help if we don't know the mods on all the other pieces.
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,355
    Cowl of Mace & Shield, Sentinel's Mempo, Corrupted Paladin Vambraces, Britches of warding, Ozymandia's obi, Lord Morphius epaulettes, Serpent's Skin Quiver, Gloves of Holy Warrior, boots of escaping.
  • ForeverFunForeverFun Posts: 811
    You've got plenty of stamina protection already with all those plate pieces.
    I'd go with a bone/studded/stone option.
  • OreoglOreogl Posts: 294
    edited April 25
    Tough call, it’d really be just a trade off of what stats you don’t have capped.

extra hp is always nice, and mana regen diminishes after, what 20? (Someone correct this with the right number)

just take a look and see what isn’t capped when removing the chest piece 

• PawainPawain Posts: 9,133
    edited April 25
    What else does the archer do?

My Archer Bard needs MR.  I think only one of the new items have MR.

Also does that 2 stamina make you get max swing speed vs 1?

The chest has strength.  If your archer is not at 150 str then you would weigh the damage against MR.

In general. The chest is better than that armor piece.
    The stats and 2 more LMC.  On a basic archer MR is not that big of a deal.  You still have crappy leech vs melee.
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
  • You can also find looted bone, studded, stone that may be superior to the Balron Bone armor.
    You cannot get a currently spawning Legendary Artifact that has +HP/+Stam/+LMC on the same piece, those are 3 different affixes.

• Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,355
    Thanks, that's clarified my thoughts. Stamina is currently 225 and HP only 148, so I'll get the chest :) Archer is nothing extraordinary, just ABC. It's a bit 'swings and roundabouts' which is why I was so uncertain. I know everyone says the chest is 'best in slot', but that plate tunic comes pretty close?
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,180
    Thanks, that's clarified my thoughts. Stamina is currently 225 and HP only 148, so I'll get the chest :) Archer is nothing extraordinary, just ABC. It's a bit 'swings and roundabouts' which is why I was so uncertain. I know everyone says the chest is 'best in slot', but that plate tunic comes pretty close?

Plate tunic won't give you the +3 inherent LMC. Depends on what else you have in the suit but if the rest of your suit isn't bone/studded/hide (ie you have other metal armor in it) you won't hit the 55 LMC cap. Probably wouldn't be terribly noticeable but when you get to a super high end suit, these are the types of tweaks you end up making in the attempt get everything at max level.
  • MerlinMerlin Posts: 211
    Go for the metal piece.  I'm a big fan of the Stamina protection if you have enough pieces to get the bonus.  Good luck with the build!
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,959
    Merlin said:
    Go for the metal piece.  I'm a big fan of the Stamina protection if you have enough pieces to get the bonus.  Good luck with the build!
    May I ask a question ?

When you mention Stamina protection do you mean Stamina increase or regeneration ?

They both seems important to me for a dexer, Stamina increase to be able to swing at 1.25 speed with the weapon of choice but also Stamina regeneration so as to keep swinging at 1.25 should there be any stamina loss during a fight... 

Thanks !
  • Lord_FrodoLord_Frodo Posts: 2,261
    popps said:
    Merlin said:
    May I ask a question ?

When you mention Stamina protection do you mean Stamina increase or regeneration ?

They both seems important to me for a dexer, Stamina increase to be able to swing at 1.25 speed with the weapon of choice but also Stamina regeneration so as to keep swinging at 1.25 should there be any stamina loss during a fight... 

Thanks !
    OMG Are you serious and you have played UO for what 10 days at the most but have an active account for 10+ years.  You are worse than a NOOB
    Where did you come up with 1.25 @popps?

Answer to question: neither. 
  • poppspopps Posts: 3,959
    edited April 28
    Pawain said:
    Where did you come up with 1.25 @ popps?

Answer to question: neither. 
    It was my understanding that Stamina is a factor to calculate Swing Speed Increase and, depending on the weapon, the Stamina necessary can also be quite high

https://www.uoguide.com/Swing_Speed_Increase

The fastest swing possible is 1.25, lower is not possible, I understand.
    Use this to calc swing speed.  

https://www.knuckleheads.dk/tools/ssi

Then notice type of armor is not in the formula.
  • UrgeUrge Posts: 1,213
    Unrelated but KH and UOG show different results with a couple weps. Double and triple check with other weps with the same speed. 
  • MariahMariah Posts: 2,997Moderator
    Urge said:
    Unrelated but KH and UOG show different results with a couple weps. Double and triple check with other weps with the same speed. 

There was a weapons revamp in publish 81 which changed some of the weapon speeds. Perhaps someone could check that against the information on those other sites to make sure they both have the current information?

• UrgeUrge Posts: 1,213
    Mariah said:
    Urge said:

There was a weapons revamp in publish 81 which changed some of the weapon speeds. Perhaps someone could check that against the information on those other sites to make sure they both have the current information?

For some reason i was thinking they only messed with ranged speed. 

KH lists the entire wep menu with base wep speed. UOG only lists the wep itself without base speed. 

Imo both sites should just have a manual base speed entry and remove all the wep lists to clear any confusion if anything else changes or new weps added.