Number of Plundrin hats in treasure chests

Has

Comments

• Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,319
    edited April 21
    Don’t have time to rewrite this right now.  Just wanted to know if others were finding the same number of hats as I am.  Cache and supply are your best bet if all you want is hats.  That’s my conclusion.  UO is so frustrating to use.  It lost everything I had written above.
  • GrimbeardGrimbeard Posts: 2,041
    Hoard seems to be 4
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,412
    Check your drafts 
  • VagabondVagabond Posts: 92
    I got 28 hats from SoS for about 4-5 hours. I am standing in Atl Void Pool for 20-30 minutes and am getting ~20-30 hats. So I know what I prefer for now.
    You need help with simple stuff? https://uo.com/wiki/ultima-online-wiki/ -- Otherwise - can I has your stuff?
  • Petra_FydePetra_Fyde Posts: 1,353
    It's true that there are less hats in maps and mibs - but that totally discounts the other stuff that you get in them like SoAs, SoTs, etc.
    I have so far gathered several of both of those, a number of small gems for imbuing, around 300 relic fragments from unravelling and a couple of not bad jewels for keeping as well as the hats.
    I've done some pirating too, which means my stock of doubloons is also rising nicely. 
    Sticking with the void pool, yes you'll get hats quickly, yes you'll get the items you want well before the end of the event, and yes you'll be bored with it well before the end and complaining again that you've nothing to do. What's the rush?
  • Lord_NythraxLord_Nythrax Posts: 111
    The event is seemingly intended to have multiple avenues of gathering hats. The fact that only one method is actually viable thus seems like a problem, regardless of how happy you are personally to also get some small gems and assorted mib trash.
  • keven2002keven2002 Posts: 2,177
    I think each chest should have at least 1 hat and higher levels should scale (maybe even if it's a max of 3 per chest at the highest level). I did 12 stash/supply maps this morning and only got 1 hat. That seems unbalanced to me.
  • Arnold7Arnold7 Posts: 1,319
    Finally, have a chance to rewrite my original discussion.  Was just wondering if other treasure hunters’ experiences are the same as mine.  For me supply chests usually yield one or two maps, cache three or four, hoard maybe three, and from the trove i did 2 hats!  Seems to me doing hoards and troves are a waste of time if you are looking for hats.  I can do four or five supply chests, and some times more, in the time it takes to do one hoard.  Would seem to me the upper level maps should contain more hats than a supply or cache chest.

I loot hoard and trove chests and turn in the armor and weapons for turn points.  And will resume doing that after the event ends.  But for now just seems strange to me that lower end chests out perform higher level chests when it comes to hats.

At my age can only do the Void once or twice before my eyes and mind crash.  Void with enough players is a better source of hats, no argument about that.

Skett don’t think it saved any drafts when I tried to post the discussion.  Did look for them.  I get an error message when I start writing the discussion.  It has a lot of words but I don’t really have a clue as to what it is trying to say.

Keven I have not done any stash chests, but usually get hats from maybe 6 out of 7 supply chests.  For me, I will be doing mostly supply and cache in the future.  My suit doe not have much luck on it by the way.  Good luck doing chests.
  • SkettSkett Posts: 1,412
    it will be here

I agree that chest need more maps but even all trove or hoard maps don't have same difficulty most of us toss eodon because nothing in chest worth killing 3 allosaurus should they get 20 hats vs 12 for tram? So while it's needed maybe not as easy to balance as we think 
    @Arnold7 - You have had better luck than me with the supply chests. I did a few more supply chests as I'm clearing out my Davies a bit and out of the additional 4 maps I did I only got 1 more hat. In total the 16 maps I did (although spread across 2 separate times) took about an hour or so. IMO if anyone is looking to get a decent (not max) number of hats, I would not do Tmaps.

Quite possible it's just a bad RNG cycle for me but 2 hats in an hour of play is crazy even if it is bad RNG. I stick with what I said before where every single chest should have at least 1 hat.

I haven't done pirating (beacons / ships) but that sounds like it might give more hats than Tmaps with a slower style pace (compared to the void pool).
  • PawainPawain Posts: 9,123
    @TimSt or @Tim or @Arroth_Thaiel

One of you does T Maps and spreadsheets,  any results so far?
    Focus on what you can do, not what you can't.
    I don't do spreadsheets, but I can tell you it's variable. I've had 1 in a hoard and 4 in a cache. Best I've had was 5 in a cache, but I didn't half work for that. It was an Eodon map in which 3 of the 7 initial spawn were Dimitrosaurs
    I don't do spreadsheets, but I can tell you it's variable. I've had 1 in a hoard and 4 in a cache. Best I've had was 5 in a cache, but I didn't half work for that. It was an Eodon map in which 3 of the 7 initial spawn were Dimitrosaurs

That seems contradictory to what Kyronix said in the Pub 117 feedback where TChests would sort of scale based on level of difficulty.
  • CinderellaCinderella Posts: 1,690
    keven2002 said:

That seems contradictory to what Kyronix said in the Pub 117 feedback where TChests would sort of scale based on level of difficulty.
    I've had the same happen. the cache map i got the 5 hats had 3 ogre lord, 2 lich lord and 2 poison elementals appear when it was dug up.
    So, just for those who want to know. Here's what I got today - sorry I didn't think to record the chest type for the first few.

If you can make anything of that beyond the RNG is a pain, you're doing better than I am.

(^) means the map came from the chest listed above. (^S) means I got it from the guardians on the chest above.

• DrakelordDrakelord Posts: 1,741
    I did better with the Orc lighthouse, 12 for it and others when killing the spawn around it.  Turn 15 hats this morning from one battle.
    Remove Trap = Bad News
    for
    Treasure Hunters
    Drakelord#5598
  • KorikKorik Posts: 11
    edited April 23
    The event is seemingly intended to have multiple avenues of gathering hats. The fact that only one method is actually viable thus seems like a problem, regardless of how happy you are personally to also get some small gems and assorted mib trash.
    The CAH folks have done testing and Tmaps/MIBs are absolutely viable. I think the narrative is largely dominated by VP and not treasure hunting because of personal skill issued.

Violet04/20/2024 2:39 PM
    Did another round of SoS last night, over 102 hats for the hour, plus all the cleanup points, some Charybdis bait,gold, white nets, and tmaps. That was with a potion.

edited April 23
    Korik said:
    The CAH folks have done testing and Tmaps/MIBs are absolutely viable. I think the narrative is largely dominated by VP and not treasure hunting because of personal skill issued.

Did another round of SoS last night, over 102 hats for the hour, plus all the cleanup points, some Charybdis bait,gold, white nets, and tmaps. That was with a potion.

Players that do T Maps and SoS regularly will definitely get drops and not have to rely on others help.  Beacons give 12 Hats guaranteed.  Dread Pirates 1 hat per party member that does damage.

I have not been back to the Void Pool.  I may have more hats than I need already.
    Pawain said:
    Korik said:

Players that do T Maps and SoS regularly will definitely get drops and not have to rely on others help.  Beacons give 12 Hats guaranteed.  Dread Pirates 1 hat per party member that does damage.

I have not been back to the Void Pool.  I may have more hats than I need already.
    I'm 90% finished just hour or two a day of my normal game play 
    Ya got 74 hats yesterday in a session of play.  Never got that many drop items in one day before.

Doing Beacons and Dread Pirates.  Unfortunately more dreads than beacons.  But I can scuttle a ship pretty fast now.

Bought the items I wanted on Atl cheap and can't think of any shard I would want items on.